When you see your exam scores

>when you see your exam scores

>when you run out of time

I finished with a 3.9 gpa in my first term (currently in 3rd) and ever since my GPA has been plummeting. I think I'm gonna have to bust my ass really hard next term.

Same situation, friend. Let's hope the downward spiral ends

Brainlet, I have a 4.0 after just finishing my 5th semester

That was me last night.

Three questions on the exam. I finished two with ease, in about 30 mins.

The third question, that was a fucking no-go. I couldn't solve it for the life of me. I didn't understand how/why I went wrong, where to go, what to write, etc. It was a question on mass transfer, but holy fucking shit -- I hadn't seen it before.

I spoke to some people outside of class, who said they were able to get it easily. I asked them how long it was and they said it was about a page long (the solution) and then admitted that they all cheated on it. Apparently, they shared the answer on WhatsApp, then deleted it and all wrote similar answers.

Fucking lame.

Just got out of a chem exam, it was bunk. I had the wrong info queued up in my mind and probably got a C on it or something close to that.

>mfw it's a 3 person course so the grades are gonna be w a c k y anyway

you know what to do

>when the exam is in 12 hours and you haven't even considered studying yet

I was a dipshit in my early undergrad and skipped several final exams. My GPA was 0.8 at the end of my first year.

I was able to work my bag off and get my GPA to 3.0 by the end of my undergrad, and I somehow scored a full ride scholarship to grad school. Just finished my M.Sc.with a grad school GPA of 3.8.

Point of the post being that even dipshits like me can make it.youl be fine

That was actually really encouraging, user. I finished my first year with 2.86 and it really bummed me out, but there's a pretty good chance I'm going to finish this semester with a GPA >= 3.0.

Are you me

Gonna finish this semester off with close to a 3.8 hopefully. 4.0 next semester, God willing

>get mediocre to bad scores on my tests but I'm just happy about finishing school

Thank you, Veeky Forums, this thread cheered me up.

>20/20 programming
>16.5/20 informatics
>18/20 networks and sysadmin
nice

then comes
>5/20 philosophy
>9/20 history
to ruin my fucking day and scores

fuck this i'm studying COMPUTER SCIENCE for a fucking reason, i don't want none of this HisGeoPhilo bullshit.

Appreciate the arts you faggot. Youre a human, with a history, and a culture not a god damn machine whose purpose is to generate money for stockholders

i don't give the slightest, smallest, flying fuck about muh history or any of that shit, if i wanted to "appreciate" arts i would've been a literature spec, not CS.

They fucked us so much on the third year, when they removed technic (technic is basically computerEng,electricalEng and a little mechEng) class which is much more relevant to my field than shitty literature subjects but, somehow kept history and geography and ADDED fucking philosophy, i knew the education system was fucked in head.
of course, they fucked the physics program in the ass too, i was studying electricity and circuits, which was relevant to me, until they shoved lots of fucking useless chemistry and in depth laws of gravity bullshit.

these subjects server nothing but to lower my scores and fill my timetable with bullshit, the only things we should be studying are the three CS subjects i mentioned, math, and technic.
thank god for 16/20 math

you seem super boring.
the way of progression is gaining ideas from other study.
most higher classes have become multidisciplinary.
To progress you need ideas.

Brazil?

>csfag animefaggot is an anti-intellectual fuck
Color me surprised

> don't give the slightest, smallest, flying fuck about muh history or any of that shit
Well that's why you're doing poorly at them. Learn to respect your elders and your history, and maybe open your mind to learning something.

>haha it's ok for somebody to shove lots of useless shit in your timetable and decrease your efficiency and make your life tiring and miserable

do you know how many hours would be removed from my timetable if they got rid of this useless shit? 14 Hours.
that's almost two days worth, and everyday my study hours are from 8AM all the way to 6PM.
do you know how much my (and every other student's) efficiency would skyrocket because we actually have time to study well? instead i'm here coming home at 6 o clock (literally night) tired as fuck with no time to study, wishing i could kill myself.

>Complaining about philosophy and history...
I never studies for these. if you pay attention to lecture or just watch a doc. you can ace the class without studying.

>i never study for [mainly a memorization class]
either you're bullshitting or your country has a shit education

Interest is key I suppose.

>3.5 gpa
>pretty smart but challenge myself to learn course in last 2 weeks of school
>exams stressful as fuck but everythings always awwrite

mechanical engineering isnt hard it just takes a lot of work

>tfw 8 am exam
>Consistently fall asleep at 3 am every night
>go to bed at 10, trying melatonin for the first time
>didn't work at all, just laid there for 5 hours in a barely awake state

And here I am now. Fuck melatonin I'm probably not gonna be getting any sleep tonight for my 8 am final. How fucked am?

It's over.

Philosophy is not a "memorization class," bruh. If you think it is you're missing the point

Having a good bedrock in philosophy is also massively beneficial for a computer scientist. Stop being a little shit cunt and enjoy your education.

how in the world do you get a 0.8, what in the holy fuck

I'm in the same boat. and to all the fags saying "appreciate the art" I can appreciate it without having to pay 1000 dollars to listen to some faggy new age liberal arts teacher talk about how this painting somehow oppresses the minorities. God I fucking hate the normie parts of college

Are you fucking retarded? You can't just change your sleep schedule by 5 hours the night before an important exam.

To be fair to you exams before 9am are themselves completely retarded, so it sounds like you and your university deserve each other.

It is retarded, and I thought it'd be worth a shot trying melatonin as my friend takes it and completely knocks him out. Whatever I'm getting extra study time in at least.

I am satisfied with my progress in med school, did not fail a single test, lots of cramming tho

Studying all night for a logic final at 8AM this morning, as we speak. Can confirm- symbolic logic (the backbone of philosophy in many programs) is similarly the backbone to any competent compsci curriculum, and is massively useful in studying math.

Though, while it's not memorization, derivations/proofs are fucking ass so practice is a must. Mostly because of things that are difficult to intuit, like how negation introduction and finding a contradiction can give you any conclusion you want, because fuck if it contradicts I guess anything goes. Something along the lines of

Premises:
P
~P

Derivation
1. P (premise)
2. ~P (premise)
----
3. ~Q (assumption)
4. ⊥ (⊥I: 1, 2)
----
5. Q (~E: 4) (conclusion)

Which to me seems bullshit. It means you can prove anything if you catch someone with any kind of contradiction. I mean, you should resolve the contradiction in an argument ethically, but logically you can just fucking run with it and prove whatever you want.

You haven't proven anything if you assume a contradiction you mong. Valid != sound.

>3.9 GPA up until this semester
>going to end up failing a course and get middling grades in the rest

well, this is disappointing.

Read the derivation again you dick-gargling thundercunt. The assumption is negation elimination. You assume the negation of what you try to prove, and then you prove that the negation leads to a contradiction- to put the argument into common english, it's as so:

If I have a hammer, then I'll jump up and down.
If I have a hammer, then I won't jump up and down.

Conclusion: I do not have a hammer.

Proof: If I assume I have a hammer, then I would both be jumping up and down and not jumping up and down at the same time, which is false. Therefore it must not be true that I have a hammer.

This line
>It means you can prove anything if you catch someone with any kind of contradiction. I mean, you should resolve the contradiction in an argument ethically, but logically you can just fucking run with it and prove whatever you want.
suggests you're confused about how the validity/soundness distinction is important in differentiating proofs. If you'd left the sentence at "which to me seems bullshit" that'd be fine - plenty of beginning students dislike that apparently nonsense arguments "check out" in that they're valid. The rest of the sentence is what sets off alarm bells, and suggests there's something you're not quite appreciating. I assumed, given the last line, you were talking about sound proofs, as you can't "catch anyone out" with a proof that's only valid, not sound.

No one is denying that you can have a valid proof in the form F→Anything, but obviously it's not sound and again, you haven't "caught anyone out".

I see- I think I may have misunderstood you, and as it's the early morning before an exam, I think I was unclear in my own original writing.

What I mean to say is that if somebody makes an argument that is not sound, which contains one or more contradictions in their premises, instead of resolving the contradiction and reforming their own argument (in a debate like setting), it is possible to logically derive wacky things from their own argument.

I've been erroneously using "derivation" and "proof" interchangeably, when it's not the case- I'm just used to thinking of them as such because often I only have to do a derivation if the premises are all valid/sound.

The part that is particularly non-intuitive to me is the idea that proving a contradiction doesn't have to do directly with the negation you are trying to prove. A good example is in the image attached. In lines 8-11, you're essentially taking the negation of ~F (which is just F), and then showing that it must be the case with a contradiction that you would already have at your disposal (~M & F)- You don't NEED the assumption to be F in order to then produce the result contradiction used to support ~F.

Though, maybe the reason this is so un-intuitive is because t occurs within the assumption of A to prove not A, and that things that aren't valid will create these moments of fuckery at multiple instances within the purposefully assumed invalid premise.

>Elegible for a merit based scholarship next semester
>1/10 and 2.5/10 in my last two exams
>JUST my average up fampai
>Need to pay like a good cuck

Hahhahahahahah
I didnt want to travel or live in a decent house anyways

>wishing i could kill myself

>muh I'm coming home at 6
fuck off faggot, I come home at 10pm everyday, mostly out of house since 10am or 7am

Guys I get good grades at uni can we still hang out though please?

>not failing everything

lol get a load of this nerd

Choose a proper university next time.

We're not the only corrupted country out there, senpai.

I get good grades but my life is shit.

So far
>calc 3
>ez except I got negative mass for one problem, whatever
>EM / optics physics
>ez since cumulative
>earth systems
>didn’t have to take the final since my participation score was high enough

Gonna break 3.0 this semester lads

I don't know...something about the combination of whatsapp and worthless cheating scums sounds a lot like Brazil.

Jesus christ this site is really filled with new reddit disabled fags

Yeah... fair enough.

sounds just like t*rkey

not a uni, third year highschool, i'm exactly 18

>i'm exactly 18

>mech eng first semester
>gpa is gonna be 3.3 at best
should i give up

1st semester can always be improved upon later.
Besides, it can actually be less stressful to start with a 3.3 and see your GPA rise than to start with a 4.0 and watch it fall.

Why is your physics course EM and optics instead of split up into EM and optics/thermo? I take it it's your second physics course?

>3 person course
t. gender studies fag

You're in engineering. Your gpa isn't that big of a deal.

>Got 3 A's
>Calc grade is anywhere between C- to B depending on final
>Only had 4 classes because English AP credit
>Calc II with full schedule next semester
Hurrer deur

>when the organic lecturer doesn't provide handouts

don't listen to this guy.

>Gradea are generally good
but
>I'm always one of the last to turn in my test, I have no idea how people blow through a calc exam in 1/3rd the alotted time
>I lose every game of chess I play
Am I smart or dumb I don't get it

I don't know what uni you're at, but at mine that's perfectly fine for an engineering GPA. Unless you're trying for grad school or something.

calc is entirely based around how much homework you do.

>tfw I ace everything and get the bonus points too

Class average was a 75% with the lowest range at 40% and the lowest score in class at 15%.

No one got a curve because I aced the exam.

More than happy to post proofs, but regardless. Feels like pic related to shrek some faggots GPA because they didn't study.

Yeah;
First physics is traditional motion
Second physics is optics, E&M, circuits
Then after that there is thermo 1 & 2, and statics
Then after that it gets really specific

>bonus points

This thread isn't for high school students.

Gpa doesn't matter when you're dead

>Anonymous
Same dude. Sameeeee

>go in the final exam with 90s
>final grade D+

Who here /suicide/

>i don't give the slightest, smallest, flying fuck about muh history or any of that shit
The reason why they force you to take those classes is literally to cure you of this ignorant, retarded mindset. Why not go in with an open mind instead of being a shithead about it?

Kek. Texas A&M.
>Highschool

Holy shit, I got a perfect score on my Engineering final

>The reason why they force you to take those classes is literally to cure you of this ignorant
literally "EVERYDAY UNTIL YOU LIKE IT" argument (which isn't really an argument)

they're fucking useless, especially in my field.
imagine a class where you study random movie trivia
yeah now that doesn't sound too useful now does it?

>when you were going to make a C because another professor fucked you over, but your professor likes you and gives you a B just because

I've got a c.9, and I'm always one of the last ones to leave an exam no matter what subject it it. I used to be self-conscious about it until I overheard some people who finished quickly talking and saying things like "yeah, I just didn't understand a lot of it, so I left it blank, lol. Maybe I'll just drop this class." The only tests I can get done quick are ones that can't possibly affect my grade.

How the fuck did I type "c" instead of "3"

The subjects where you are struggling are easy for people that aren't flat.

[math]you're-fucking-flat[/math]

What a rookie mentality... in part problaby its a fault of your uni, they should give to you the theory to understand the meaning of your studying, you are focused only to the mechanics if logic, and so it's normal that the subject of logic appear illogic.

I mean, it matters, but if you're not planning to go straight to grad school and you have >3.0 with some kind of project work you should be fine. Just make sure you can write and make it through an interview.

I fucking hate cheaters man...just take the course again if you really can't pass on your own. I've seen too many people in my classes with fucking phones in their laps during a test and the professor doesn't even move his ass from his chair.

t. underclassmen
Most of my junior/senior technical electives were 10 people at most. Had 4 that were only 2-5 people and it is awkward at first but comfy after a while.

t. high school freshman
don't worry about that shit, just go to parties and get laid man

>report them
>test is invalidated or question is thrown out
EZ

Why didn't you choose classes you enjoy? Surely there's some aspect of history or philosophy that you like. Even if you hate it, you could still have done better than 5/20

I am a senior in uni and have seen more cheaters here than any time in high school. Just got done with photonics final and dude had a fucking tablet out googling shit. How do professors not notice this?

I never sleep before exams. I stay up the night before and study. The benefits are two-fold: you can't sleep thru your alarm and you get an extra 8 hr or whatever it is to study.

What?? Don't you have invigilators (the cheating police)?

It's not his country, it's his school. Every country has good and bad schools. If your philosophy class is all memorization, then you go to a bad school.

You also risk being unable to focus on the exam. I can't stand living without 8 hours of sleep.

you don't get that hyperfocus after staying up for a long time?

MELATONIN IS FUCKING PLACEBO

Depends, do you want to live with a highly structured schedule?

engineer?