So what's a hobby that goes well with maths

So what's a hobby that goes well with maths
Body building? Drawing? Observing birds?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_Martin-Löf#Bird-watching_and_sex_determination
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literature or art in general

Physics.

Walking. You just cant prove me wrong that walking is the sport if your intending to do math.

Those things should be above hobbies.

Problem solving (brilliant.com for example)

teaching school children how to run from the cops

Shit posting on taiwanese basket weaving forums. Also masturbation.

Math exists to serve physics

computer science
engineering

playing video games

Physics is a good hobby too.

Practical: Programming and electronics
Impractical: Anime.

The first is because I noticed it was fun and easy. I took an electromagnetism and circuits class for fun and found it really comfy. The math side of it was basically Calculus 3 but less general, and the circuits part was fun. I bought an arduino after that have been doing some of the projects you find online.

Second because math actually consumes a lot of my life so I have not had a genuine human experience in years so I live vicariously through anime to experience happiness, pain, love, anger, fear, etc. You should try it, I'd say it is even better than having a life. You can instead just watch chinese drawings pretending to have a life and get involved in their little drama for like 12 episodes.

solving calculus problems for fun

Dick sucking

operating kitchen fryers

Carpentry or drawing

Music to be sure

rapping

it is the ultimate lyrical artform kek

Writing shortstories, finding wordplays, sitting hours there to find 10 syllabilic rhymes or rhymechains all fitting on the beat, with different flows.
Also you can express your inner thoughts like a catharsis, you can write from a different perspective, or you can write psychological or philosophical topics.

Seriously rapping is a lot of fun it is not just for brainlets even though I am one

studying science

I am triggered

jiu jitsu
first its just a thing but then you get too jiu jit to quit

Physics

Scientific illustration. I mean really people, come on.

>So what's a hobby that goes well with maths
Masturbation.

I'd definitely say piano. And poker. Super mathematical shit, yo. What are some hobbies that go well with biology?

Everyone else is wrong, programming is a must

Twilight fan fiction, or breathing.

meditation

Body building for sure. A sharp mind is nothing without a sharp body.

Thats the job not a hobby

Open the door,
take a dump on the floor,
everybody do the dinosaur

drinking alcohol

t. phd

Bodybuilding.

chronic masturbation

Yes, lifting. Be a Veeky Forums Veeky Forums crossboarder

Ike is worst lord desu

I deeply considered suicide to end the pain after watching Clannad. Basically forced me to learn something new as a mode of distraction. I find Java programming pretty fun.

>Second because math actually consumes a lot of my life so I have not had a genuine human experience in years
Holy kek

Playing the violin. Programming that's not at the just-do-everything-as-webapp-and-don't-worry-about-performances level. Keeping a bibliography of scientific papers you read to perfect your argumentation. Learning the history of science. Writing grammatically perfect and unambiguous English. Birbs.

Cringe

Shitposting.
Seriously, I spend hours every day posting on this fucking website. It's a fucking curse, discovering Veeky Forums is my biggest regret.
Someone release me from my suffering already.

Good to see another awaken user in this board.

You guys are sad

Play go. Or competitive cads games that require problem solving skills

does hearthstone count

This

Chess, Woodworking, Tennis, Video games

lol unironically this.
love to trash brainlets who cant into strategy.

engineer detected

Powerlifting

lol no

Classical guitar nigga

Brainlet dyel detected

piano?

i recently learned to play jesu bleibet meine freude but only with my right hand, if i try to play with the left hand at the same time my brain melts.

i wish i knew more "easy" songs to play like this one that ALSO sound good

>start watching clannad knowing nothing about it even though it was a visual novel before an anime
>havin a real good time, the anime hunnies are cuties and theres good slice of life and some fantasy mixed in, really consumes you in the good feels and gets past your cold adult shell
>finish first season, start up second season
>mfw
Honestly I almost wanted to murder the people who produced this show. Knowing where it all ends up was like being raped by someone you adored and trusted. It's just a super fucked up idea for any piece of fiction much less a cartoon about cute girls.
The people who wrote the story and plot of Clannad are horrible human beings and it probably really shouldn't have ever been a cartoon or anything more than some jap niche visual novel that most people would never see if not never made in the first place.

Is it me, or do most people (blue belts and below) have a terrible sense of body positioning? Is it a spatial IQ thing?

Scatophagia.

Eight string guitar, Guzheng , Weightlifting, Literature

I would say video games but I really dont think thats a hobby...

i would like to pick up another hobby. I was thinking archery with a medieval bow not compound

lojban

If you wanted to intelligently shitpost you should have at least said coprophagia.

wtf I hate math and anime now

Non-shitpost answer incoming. I categorize myself in three ways: 1) professional, 2) social, 3) solo. Try to develop yourself across all categories.

>Professional
Career, Certifications, Professional Organizations

>Social
Aim to have daily scheduled social activity outside of work, be it through a club, team, sport, meetup, hobby, etc.

>Solo
Three categories to develop by yourself here: 1) Mind, 2) Body, and 3) Heart.

>Mind
1) Know-that (facts, e.g. history, non-fiction)
2) Know-how (skills, e.g. bicycle repair, investing)

>Body
1) Health (diet, sleep, sunlight, meditation)
2) Fitness (resistance/cardiovascular training, stretching)

>Heart
1) The arts (literature, poetry, music, film, etc.)
2) Philosophy
3) Spirituality

If you're deep into mathematics then you're weighted towards /Solo/Mind, so I'd look into developing laterally across other categories. This is a low-resolution sketch of how I categorize my self-development. A program like TheBrain is very helpful for organizing your growth.

Philosophy

You made me sad

I cringe too when someone thinks they're a hobby.

quality post mah nigga

Analytic Philosophy is pretty good.

Nice tips. I try to do reviews of interesting non-fiction books I read, usually quite dense. They're just for myself but it helps me absorb the material better than if I would just skim through. Also easy if you want to revisit the book sometime in the future.

nice autism

Like your autistic system. Care to elaborate on how you distribute your free time in accordance with this system ?

Programming, it can aid you in all the others.

being secure enough to choose your own hobbies

They're weak in terms of time, depth, and effort, compared to pretty much everything else. If they're not income-related career then they're a hobby, like anything else. You pretentious faggot.

Philosophy, theoretical physics, and mathematics all go well together.

Playing jazz, and exercise both long distance stuff and fast twitch stuff.

And interacting with people.

Amphetamine.

Finally. This.
All the rest are normies, and politely requested to GET OUT.

What are you doing here, Mike?

>They're weak in terms of time, depth, and effort,

And somehow I'm pretentious lol.

Just passing by! Please ignore :D

I also walk.
Glad to see fellow walkers on Veeky Forums.

Magick. Because then you can call yourself Mathemagician.

Stand-up comedy is not yet high on your list ?

>Observing birds?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_Martin-Löf#Bird-watching_and_sex_determination

Alcoholism tbqh

Gardening. I just love the taste of my homegrown berries and veggies and working barefoot in the dirt is very grounding.

Anime seems to be quite common.

Just do whatever the fuck you like instead of forcing yourself on a hobby that goes well with math.

olympic weightlifting

mountain biking

classical piano

all highly technique-dependent activities that require intense concentration and can be done alone

they also promote physical fitness (first two) and posture/poise (third) which should be neglected by anyone doing intellectual work-your mind will work better if you keep your body in working order

Watching Rick & Morty, OBVIOUSLY

fursuiting

Judoka here, did some jiu jitsu few years ago, I would say you're right but in my case I think you develop a sense for that. I don't really think about it that much it comes natural to me.

Cocaine and LSD

It's one or the other

this but unironically

>being a fat unathletic wannabe whose entire repertoire as an athlete involves 3 basic motions