Who here unironically a genius?

You know what I'm talking about.

Im a genisu i passed calc 1

this what's it like having 160+ tested iq? is everything easy as fuck?

>he only passed
Calc 1 was nothing, the chain rule and product rule are now my specialty. Brainlet!

>cal 1
just wait until you hit extreme integration 3 brainlets

>tfw smart enough to understand how dumb you are
Hello darkness my old friend

I'm secretly afraid that I'm not brilliant and hence refuse to exert myself for fear that I will be exposed.

i too feel this

>Look at all these people thinking they are genius. Not me though, I am a real genius!

shitbostin genius here

I was granted permission to take university math courses parallel to my high school education, because i found it so easy.
Also I can solve almost all "creative" math problems relativly easily.

I took a real test (not some online bullshit) and got 147. idk if you think that counts. some scales call that genius, some call it borderline. it doesn't feel like anything special. I don't notice anything special about how I think. the only thing I have noticed is that I can understand most concepts very quickly when I try to.

for example, I'm a 4th year physics major and I have a 3.9 GPA. other people tell me they put in tens of hours of studying before every exam but they still do far worse than me. I study maybe 3 hr for every exam.

then you've already lost

Hahaha so fucking beta xD x) ;'D

I am a genius, for I understand EVERYTHING with but a mere glance!

>creative math problems
>high school
>attending uni courses in HS is now being a genius and not just a socially inept autist that has no hobbies or friends

okay, cool kid

You do not have a iq of 147 you have a good memory. Hence why other have to study for so long. Shit tier memory

I'm a genius, but only ironically
whenever I try to use my powers for anything other than shitposting or arguing against net neutrality it's like my IQ drops 50 points

My teachers called me genius, but I don't think I'm one.
I might be quite inteligent, but I don't use it to do genius things. I just use it to make my life easier and to entertain myself. I guess I would be more of a genious if I spent my time doing actual science and learning more academic things but I don't really give a fuck and just prefer to focus on actual programming and using/developing interesting technologies.
It also appears I'm just good at understanding new concepts and remembering formulas through understanding reasons behind them. But I have shit tier memory for things like texts.

My math teacher in HS voluntarily taught me calc 1 after classes.

I can finish a sudoku puzzle in less than 3 minutes

impressive

I got my iq tested for real (part of a larger evaluation) and I got 160. Honestly it's nothing crazy, really I can just compensate for my ADHD, but nothing is super easy. I think all that iq is just a dick measuring stick for people with quarter inch dicks.

I have a tested iq of 136. I'm autistic and have no friends, but I like math and reading so its ok

I've tested obnoxiously high on any sort of intelligence, reasoning, logic, visualization, etc test I've ever taken. High enough that I don't even like talking about the results (or that I took them at all) with friends or family because it seems immodest.

Any intellectual potential I'm fortunate enough to possess, thanks to my parents, as a result of genetics and very carefully managed pregnancy and early childhood is largely squandered on small personal projects. I'm self aware enough to identify the personality "defects" or shortcomings responsible for my behavior, and even to the point of being able to identify the childhood experiences that likely contributed to their formation, but lack the motivation to really "overcome" them.

>is everything easy as fuck?

I can only speak on my personal experience, but for me it's "yes, sort of". Anything I'm actually motivated to apply myself to ends up being ridiculously easy for me in the eyes of others, while I've always just viewed that as the baseline difficulty level for most things. My perception of the difficulty associated with every day tasks was so skewed that for years I was angry and disdainful of the seemingly obvious self-sabotaging mistakes made by so many around me. I didn't assume I was more intelligent than others, just that others weren't applying themselves and they could easily do the same things as me with equal success if they actually cared to try, so I was short people who really didn't deserve it.

When I become personally interested in a project, I get passionate to the level of obsession about it until I've achieved a result that I consider to be as "perfect" as realistically possible. If I can't get personally invested though, it's a massive struggle to force productivity, especially on things that don't feel like valid uses of my capabilities.

Crystallized intelligence vs fluid intelligence. And isnt a good memory a marker of an intellegent person?

AMA

>13% win percentage
learn statistic, brainlet

Plenty of unwinnable games, friendo. And guess what I'm majoring in

Tests are easy as fuck. You don't have to re-read shit. Things most people find cerebral and interesting become manual labor. It has ups and downs.

I'm way above genius

I know there's unwinable games, which is why I said statistics not logic. you can easily get 30% with minimal knowledge.

Yeah, but I like play for speed, so when I have to guess, I do it right away instead instead of delaying it for a more informed guess

the two are usually correlated(memory and IQ that is). user also said he learns concepts quickly, which is also literally what IQ is(ability to learn)

Ability to learn is one component of it, but so is just being able to hold a complex idea in your mind.

That's why visualization is present in most/all IQ tests, like the "rotation of a 3D object" type questions. The ability to "map" a complex object or system in your mind is hugely important to being able to understand the way a system or object will interact when you change variables.

People of lesser intelligence could almost certainly perform the same work, but it would be much more difficult because they would have to spend enormous amounts of additional time breaking the system down into smaller, more easily processed sub-parts and then creating rules to model the interaction between those components.

i'm a genius. I got 192 after memorizing all the questions on an online IQ test and nailed them all on the 13th attempt. I spend most my time with the intelligentsia over at quora

Literally 170 IQ here (tested by psychologist)

Currently in grad school for physics (full scholarship). Graduated summa cum laude in math and physics from MIT three years ago.

>Barely put in any effort for courses, literally aced them all
>Have literally already taught several undergraduate courses
>Know following languages literally completely: English, French, Arabic, Latin, Greek
>Grad school has been a little challenging, and by that I mean instead of putting in 10 percent effort per usual, I now put in literally just 25 percent
>7 inch dick, 5.5 inch girth (perfect size)
>Literally

(You)

Blackbot brit iq 143

No, I am ironically a genius.

162 IQ mensa tested here, pretty bad at maths and physics
ama

Alright, I think I may qualify.
>19 years old
>poor as fuck, dont even have a computer
>med student
>also on md/phd program
>also started working in a paid position as a researcher assistant, one of my profs offered me the position
>4 weeks in, already working to characterize the role of some calcium channels in lymphocyte T activation as an indeoendent project
>work out at lesst 3 times per week
>Don't have any interest in emotional or sexual relations, have some good friends tho

Holy shit, everything is so fucking easy it's not even funny anymore. Some of the med guyd are alresfy losing their shit just with med school, I don't even have to study. Shit, I don't even have to take notes.

Honestly, I've been thinking about killing myself a lot lately, sometimes I don't even see the point.

How can you be so smart and ever have thought there was a point, you just exist, have fun

Yes, but sometimes I find it very hard to distract myself. To find something that gives me enjoyment. Sometimes I just feel a profound, unbearable boringness.

shut the fuck up you little nigger
I swear to god if I could pick anyone on earth to receive a swift hard kick in the jaw right now it would be you

I am.

I understand Rick And Morty.

Yeah got my gender physics major

I'm guessing my iq is ~120 but I'm putting in a lot of hours (70-80 a week) and with that I can achieve slightly better results at uni (physics undergrad) than a guy who won one gold and one silver medal at the IPO.

I'm definitely struggling with problems that require a lot of creative/ingenious thinking and truly deep conceptual knowledge, but I can usually deal with the vast majority of uni-level stuff we're dealing with.

That's a nice achievement, but literally nothing at all you said make it sound like you're a genius. Probably an intelligent person, but not a genius.

Sadness is not a symptom of genius. Get your shit together.

I got tested 132, but honestly I'm a failure at life. I got no ambition, no direction and no idea what to do.
At least I make easy money with IT and I'm not a kissless virgin, so I guess it could be a lot worse.

To you and to anyone else in this thread who believes he's a "genius": if you haven't achieved anything meaningful, you're not a genius, I don't give a fuck what your IQ tests say.

This guy had changed the course of history by the age of 26, through his discoveries. He was a genius, you're all trash.

>hence why

>Grandiloquently

Unironically lots of smart people here.
What I'm talking about though are the quirks of powerful concentration.
Anyone?

preach

Maybe, according to one psychologist my IQ is 133 but according to another it is 146.
Also I watch Richard and Mortimer (no but seriously)

You mean Rick and Morty?

How much stuff did you discover?

Don't have an IQ of 160+ but one psychologist tested me with a hardly genius IQ, and, no and yes.
I do great in school (3.85 GPA) can do a lot of complicated stuff but it makes me feel empty as hell inside, I feel like people don't get me and just go for the person who is more easy to understand, if I had a retarded sibling or something I would probably shoot my brains out. I am APD too (though I am very extroverted and an ENTP) though is very mild is does not help, I also fall into existential crisis-es very easily

What do you mean?

None of the accounts so far sound genius. You sound smart, and pretty arrogant honestly. Genius I imagine, is what people said about Von Neumann. That is that their brain is like a motorway, thoughts move quicker than others and rarely reach an impasse. Memory - perfect, ability to recite entire books years after reading them.

Oh, when I was young (6-8) I had theories (of course they weren't actually theories since they're know proven facts.) similar to Isaac Newton's without knowing someone already discovered them and told them to my parents, who would laugh.
Though they were just 2, "The sum of all forces equals zero" and gravity (gravity was when I was 4-5, then I tripped balls when I knew someone already discovered it and was famous af)

So I didn't actually discover crap.

It's a joke. I do, and I really like the show but I prefer not to say it since the Rick and Morty IQ meme, it makes me sounds cringy and it decreases my credibility

I'm white and I just slept at a Holiday Inn. Does that count?

Why would a genius waste his life here

DEPRESSSIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

"smart but lazy" simply means that you're a brainlet

I don't really know if I count, I have always been far ahead of my peers in most subjects especially mathematics. I taught myself calculus by working through all the problems in a textbook in forth grade, well enough that I got a 5 on the Calc BC AP test which I took when I reached being a freshman in hs, taught myself to program at around the same time. Never struggled with anything academic, never studied or anything. Hired as a developer out of highschool, quit 6 months ago or so (am 22 now) and probably am just going to live off savings for awhile.

>170 IQ
learned shit tier languages.

Still got cuked in the schooling system when you could have learnt a fuckton of things, gtfo and created a singularity.

have some self-reflection boi

that was genius, unironically genius.

what's your fitness function senpai

my man, 3 hours of studying is generally a normal routine for studying.

3 hours per hour of lecture*
fix'd your life

I read the fucking wikipedia page 3 times to check what the fuck that is but still don't understand

Nice bait. That’s impossible.

This is me except for
>thanks to my parents, as a result of genetics and very carefully managed pregnancy and early childhood
My parents are brainlets and my mom is a sociopath who raised me pretty much by herself. There was an uncle on my dads side who was brilliant but went kind of went crazy, then moved to New Zealand, and became a billionaire elk farmer. My dad thinks he sees a lot of those qualities in me. The doctor diagnosed it as ADHD, but i know thats not the case. Just waiting for my mental breakdown.

Interesting I am similar although my mom is a covert narcissist

Yeah my mom has narcissistic personality traits too, as do most/all sociopaths. I actually have a feeling it might contribute to high intelligence. Average work was never good enough for her, she had to have the smartest kid in school because she viewed herself as the best parent in the world, despite many obvious shortcomings.

What about "smart but sad"

Well, I'm not a genius. I'm as run of the mill it gets (great marks at school with little effort, little incentive to actually work now, which has leadto mediocre marks). Can I still make it in the Veeky Forumsentific world lads? Or am I wasting my time studying Physics?

>

its hard to explain
genius is just above average whan you imagine things 1000% times faster than others. When you appear and change everything around you into something special
its not about IQ its about experiences

if your not memeing your fuckin stupid
think of a normal distribution and the number of people in science
you don't need to be a genius to be useful

Not memeing, I just never really thought I'd be "one of those guys" y'know? What's the point of trying if you don't reach the top? Just to be a mediocre scientist that nobody will ever learn about?

Big fish in a small pond, or small fish in the ocean? There's more food for a small fish in the ocean. Get a job using your degree and make a comfortable living life. If you're at the top you get paid shot because they know you'd work for free anyways.

Well yeah, but... don't you wanna be in charge? Have your own research center or company? Choose what and when to research? Isn't that everybody's dream here? And it's sad that it's virtually impossible unless you're either an ultra-genius or already have money and connections.

I don't think most scientists do research because they want to be remembered. I think most people do it because they enjoy the subject.

Work and aim as high as you can. I think working with 'the guys at the top' can be rewarding.

My Dad got a 2:2, worked hard, and eventually got into one the best places to do industrial research on fibre optics in the UK. Was he the smartest? Absolutely not, but he was just happy to working in the lab with so many clever people. Charles Kao, later winning the Nobel Prize for Physics for fibre optics, was done in the lab. Though that was a few years before his time. Point is - yes you can have a great time in research without being the best in the world.

I guess there's always that but... didn't everyone here dream of beinf Newton of Einstein as a kid? Now of course I know I'll never be them, not by a long shot, but... settling for being an unnamed cog in the machine... it's depressing...

I'm a diagnosed aspie, IQ of 137, my average grade in maths is E and my A-Level GPA will be probably

Damn it's nice to hear from someone who just works hard to make the most of what they have.

>not the hand your dealt but how you play it

Damn user, you deserve respect! You'll make it.