Failed Calc?

I approached calculus with the same mentality I had with all of my other courses this semester (all of which I got As in), kept my nose to the grindstone and put all I had into the class. My final grade was a D. The college I plan on transferring to will not give me credit for the course so I'm re-taking it next semester; if it helps paint the picture, I am a business major. I only took the godforsaken course because it was a prerequisite, so besides statistics, this is the last math course I'll ever have to suffer. Any tips, sentiments, or all-around advice on how I should go about taking the same course the second time in a row?

Other urls found in this thread:

ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/math/calculus/apluscalc.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you have any idea how many of these "brainlet bitches about failing baby-tier math course" we get here per day? No, you don't, because you didn't bother to lurk.

I asked /adv/ but all they care about are "No GF" or "GF likes cucking" threads. Sue me if I thought picking the minds of smarter people who think calculus is a "baby-tier" was a good idea.

Calc I is literally just plug and chug. It might as well be algebra.

You must have known you were doing poorly in the course. Why didn't you get help?

Business majors take the baby calc class that's worth only 3 credits instead of 4. Because of this you can take a CLEP exam for calc for i think $80 and most of the time it transfers, just make sure with your registrar. If you're not a burger i can't help you.

Also pic related is a god send. Otherwise i recommend a ti-83 with ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/math/calculus/apluscalc.zip

Pic

Graphing calculators are a meme. I'm graduating next semester and never needed one outside high school precalc, where it was required. Most classes don't even let you use them.

Have you tried not being a fucking retard?

Calculus 1 is intuitive, there are no abstractions and it just makes sense.

The worst part is they'll let some retard like you get a business degree and possibly be in charge of people.

they give these expensive laptops, when you could use a graphing calculator online

Hello welcome to civilization, nepotistic idiots have been in charge for centuries.

Yeah, sadly OP is more likely than not going to fail his way into success despite being a huge fucking brainlet subhuman, due to having a rich daddy.

If you went through the whole course and got a D, going through the whole thing again will guarantee a B. The lectures will make more sense the second time around

You are such a facist fuck. No wonder people want communism when assholes like you think only nerds should have power.

How about instead of asking Veeky Forums go ask your professor/other people in the class how to do better next time.

Fucking business major scum.

I've never understood this advice in Math classes. What are you going to get help on? Especially in calculus where, by your own admission, "it's literally just plug and chug." You memorize the formulas, you pass the class, then you grow up, learn how to use a calculator, and never solve an integral by hand again.

What can a professor/TA tell you beyond just pointing to the theorem? How do you get help in a math class?

>failing Calc
I can understand this if it was a 6 week course and your pre-calc was not decent.
It's literally just plugging in numbers into equations. The formulas aren't even that hard. Any class can be easy if you just study

>dumb people should have power too!
brainlets.

Maybe you don't get u substitution, or don't get what a limit is? Idk, I'm not him. But he said he was doing well in this class like his other classes, how does he not know he's failing? Even if the final is 40% of the grade, how do you do well in everything but the final such that you get a d? There was clearly a breakdown in understanding somewhere.

I remember taking calculus 3 at a brainlet community college where graphing calculators were required. I asked the teacher in the first office hours if he could make the test so that it can be done without graphing calculators he said sure and every exam I'm out 30 Minutes early (the exam is just homework problems from Thomas) and everyone else is still punching integrals in their calculators missing EZ trig substitutions

OP I think going to the library and reaching out to books that harbor different methods of teaching.
Also, take advantage of youtube videos and relate your knowledge from the youtube videos to your lectures. This method has helped me greatly.

I'm assuming it's business calc, I'm sure if you go to your campus library there will be many books to look at to help your understanding. Many students don't utilize their resources. Keep studying hard, I've failed tests before but when I realized understanding the foundations of what I am learning and how math is derived helped me so much!!! Also the people in this thread are people you want to avoid.