Al/ck/ general

al/ck/ Alcoholism general
>At least you'll get a bed bath from a qt3.14 nurse while you die in agony
edition

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UkEh5Un_Kk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you are a piece of garbage. you know that? you should be banned forever for spamming this every god damn day you are a disgrace to the human race.

6 months mostly sober barring a couple of fuckhuge meltdowns. Still having a hard time knowing what you're supposed to actually do when your life doesn't revolve around drinking but feeling pretty hopeful.

>iclearlysaidSTOPlikingwhatidontlike.jpg
Oh hey, 'that one guy'. Still trying, I see?
Cute that you think anyone gives a shit what you want. Now sshhh and run along, there's a good lad.

>Last day of august
Jesus christ I need to get my shit together for uni, if I actually want to have a chance at graduating

Very anxious when I don't drink. I'm actually scared of thinking. When I do drink I can't think as clearly.

Can't win either way.

I'm beating my alcohol habits bit by bit. No more bear. It goes down too easy. Now I only buy strong liqour. Today I'm drinking Ricard. I almost barf every time I take a sip but it's working. I do no longer feel like drinking. I have 7 bottles of shit alcohol and they were expensive. I'm forcing my body to react to the taste of alcohol with disgust

you're literally making your situation worse

Get a hobby bro. Doesn't really matter what it is, just find something to get into. Play guitar. Learn to skateboard. Kite surfing. Hot-rod chainsaws. Tie your own fishing flies. Collect Elvis memorabilia. Archery. Fishing. Archery fishing (yeah, that's a thing). Build ships-in-bottles. Hand-carve smoking pipes in the shape of gnomes. Find something you enjoy and get into it.

Can someone tell the benefits of being single again?

DIVORCE INCOMING BABY

already warned my roomate that i will be a fucking mess when he comes home

>just find a hobby
>after Post Alcohol Dependence Induced Boredom
yeah right

>Can someone tell the benefits of being single again?

>More time
>More money
>More energy
>Nobody constantly bothering you
>No responsibilities where you have to do something for someone constantly
>Freedom

I forgot one:
>Peace and quiet

All the nurses here are minorities with self entitled attitudes

I didn't say it was easy, user. I was just sharing what worked for me.
Surely you must have some interest that you had in the past you can pick back up?

I'm not the guy you were responding to I just chimed in, mostly because I liked the acronym I made, but it's real, I think it's called anhedonia, the effect, almost everyone gets it when they quit i think, it's also bullshit, nothing is fun

Got drunk for the first time in 40 days.

After trying cough syrup, alcohol is a joke.

I can go another 40 days now not feeling like I missed something.

I've drank a 24-pack a day again for the whole week even though I thought I quit last weekend.

I totalled a six speed sports car on a combo of cough syrup and whiskey one fine morning. I have to say, that robotic arms effect was not very helpful.

>Still having a hard time knowing what you're supposed to actually do when your life doesn't revolve around drinking
It's an absolute fucking mystery, truly I have no clue

Enjoyable sex. Have a mid-life crisis, spend ex wife expenditure cash on a Ferrari and empty your balls in some qt's

I think the dude who employs them here, exclusively employs 9/10's, I swear to Christ, they're ALL so FUCKING HOT, aside from like 3 older, more senior gem staff. I've got like 150 candids today

All the nurses I've ever met have always been ugly cunts who are constantly bitchy and don't want to do their jobs

>cough syrup
DXM Erin is so cute :3
youtube.com/watch?v=UkEh5Un_Kk0

One of the consultant docs here literally said "we've got all the best looking nurses"

jesus christ, why did i fall for the marriage trap?

this sounds like total freedom

don't forget the crippling loneliness and the creeping feeling that you will die alone

t. permavirgin

When I'm not drinking (and I used to drink daily for years), I mostly write. I'm good at writing so I self-publish books. I also learned to make hummus and that shit is FUCKING delicious. Then there's sauerkraut, which is fun. Might try making hardtack again someday which is a cool survivalist food that basically never goes bad if you store it right (I have some made around 2 years ago), and to use up more time I also walk when I go to pick up groceries (great work-out) or if I go to the bank or if I go to pick up liquor. Besides that, there's loads of Youtube vids (I enjoy political stuff, watched LOADS of Professor Jordan Peterson, also Terrence Popp is pretty fucking awesome), I monitor my sales/KENP, I have a blog which I use largely to track my writing/editing progress though nobody really bothers with it, I keep up on my emails, going to try using Meetup.com, of course I lurk Veeky Forums (/lit, /k/, and now Veeky Forums), and well the last time I drank was on Monday so I might be tearing into the rum again tonight.

Was a daily drinker for years, then went to every-other-day, then every 2-3 days, now I seem to be moving into every 3-4 days which is good. I got drunk 11 times so far in August, if I drink again tonight it'll be 12, which I consider quite good because I had some cause for celebration this month including my 1-year anniversary of book writing and my first ghostwriting gig which earned me $100 for just 8 day's work, pretty fuckin' good for a writer who's relatively new. Really though, probably only a total of perhaps 12-16 hours total of writing; it can get pretty mentally draining. I anticipate September to have much less drinking, going to half-heartedly aim for 8 drunk days in the month but I wouldn't be too hard on myself if I ended up with 10. Been working hard, doing good, and nowhere near returning to daily drinking so meh.

Just get a hobby, user. There's gotta be shit you're interested in other than drinking, even though drinking is awesome.

not sure if serious, satire or a repost of some retard from reddit

... I don't get it. What would it be a satire of? I've never been to reddit so I don't know how it would apply to that. Yeah, I was being serious. Used to write every day, getting a handle on my drinking, spend a lot of time writing (and some shitty time editing, I hate editing), and I really don't have trouble finding things to do with my time.

I guess I'm fucked up in some way but I don't feel that at all

i tried the marriage bullshit, im done with family in general

hope my mom can make it til the day i die of liver failure or heart attack

fell asleep around 5 am or so. woke up at 730

bought bottle of grouse and just ate two eggs. Another day of drinking

How tho?

You want weak shit not the hard shit

You post every day about your addiction to a poison. nobody gives a fuck about you garbage people and your pathetic addiction.
Its like making a thread about huffing gasoline or paint thinner multiple times a day. You should be ashamed.

oh you will friendo. I'm not been married, but I've exclusively done long term relationshits. IE: longer than 3 years.Usually I'm dying to get out by the end when they leave me anyways for being a raging alcoholic, but a few weeks later..... the reality sets in and I'm lonely and depressed and drunk on the floor crying till I pick up another hostage. Yeah, I said hostage.

I can't hear you when you mumble, speak up baby...

I get that feeling every morning. That and embarrassment because of the stupid shit I'd inevitably done the night before, horror because of my debts and fear for my safety, for blackout-threatening violent, ex-con criminals, usually for no reason. It's a vile feeling, and it's the reason I wake and drink IMMEDIATELY, if there's any left. If there's nothing, I facepalm, then spend about fucking half an hour by my front door, shaking and puking, waiting for a brief respite; a hint of confidence that I might just get in and out of the shop without covering the place in vomit.
I don't think I've ever managed the journey once without throwing up like 5 times on the way there and back. The feel when I've managed to get back to bed, down as much as possible, feel the WD begin to fuck off and can begin pointlessly rewatching the same old shit on YouTube and posting here, is the feel for which I live.

>nobody cares
>most popular threads on Veeky Forums
>always max out post limit, every single time
Nobody cares what you want or what you think. al/ck/ is going nowhere you unimportant little brat. Go away. Thanks.

You're going nowhere ya' loser
>apart from an early grave
:)

boy I hope so

This is amazing bait user you almost got me, but,

>>>reddit

Me too.
Now get outside and apologize to the trees.

Found the teenager.

let's do it

>>apart from an early grave
Sooner rather than later please

Those sparkling ice things are the greatest mixers. I can't even decide what my favorite flavor is. Also $1 per bottle most places. If I ever pick a flavor I might try to buy a case wholesale

You'll get use to the taste.

iirc there's a lemon flavor and it's goooood

What do you guys drink usually?

>vodka and water 35/65

"Cheap Beer"
That's literally the title and it's sold in 2L containers, it's 7%

see

Alright, I'm genuinely curious, what is it that I said that is making people scream reddit? Is it my autismal record-keeping? The fact I like to write? The pretty well perfect grammar? I don't get it.

I just down like a third of a bottle of vod, then have a mouthful of water afterwards.
>when you chug undiluted vodka, it goes down the wrong pipe, your entire respiratory system explodes, it sprays out of your mouth, out of your nose, covers your face, gets in your eyes, and you just sit there on fire thinking "oh, ok then"
Worst bit is losing all the precious vodka ;_;

57.1% rum and water. 50/50. Use shotglasses. Rum first to the 1/2oz or 15ml mark, then water up to the 1oz or 30ml mark.

>well perfect grammar
>well perfect
In your dreams you illiterate fuck.

Vodka and water 24/7

Anybody else here likes to listen to Billy Joel when drunk? Also Blondie and other shit of the same time period, it makes me forget that internet even exists

Ma nigga

It's 8.14 PM here and I'm laying in my bed under the sheets fully clothed. Should I just pass out or go out to some bars?

I feel like I'd be enlightened like the Budhha if I could be afford to be drunk enough for long enough.

Vodka with ice water as chaser

I feel sick but must continue cleaning. Another day, another $16.99.
Let's keep on keeping on, guys.

who YUI here

The dude was a prince, he was probably drunk every day.
Jesus was probably a pisshead too. There's a bible verse somewhere which suggests he drank like fuck.
Plus he clearly preferred wine to water. And is determined that people should drink at least once a week.

>tfw wake and bake rather than wake and shake

a welcome change desu

Dem prison tho

>in the euphoric stage
>know it'll be short lived and I'll start punching things soon

ah well

Bourbon mostly but I like any whisky. I'm drinking some $15 handle of canadien whisky now. Pretty smooth for the dollars. I get too drunk too quickly with vodka and most the cheap shit taste like rubbing alcohol.

5 ounces of 57.1% rum in 20 minutes, nice start.

hey bros
ive been down to 2 beers a day for 3 days thought i was getting somewhere. now im on my 4th this morning and feeling like im falling away from the taper and just getting drunk. fuck it right what are the al/ck/s up too? im drinking ipa

i know the feels man

fuck off this thread really helps people with al/ck/ and depression issues. go away

More vodka and ice water, it's 3pm and I finally ate a bowl of cereal cuz just bought malk. Time to consolidate a bunch of shit out of my guest room so that it's hospitable.
Last night my girlfriend said "maybe tonight we can NOT go to the liquor store", and I said "absolutely not, I will get so sick if I stop now".
She said "maybe we should talk about this", to which I responded "nah, maybe later".
It's a good thing I'm a NEET and do whatever the fuck I want w/ no schedule, because if I came home to an intervention I would lose my fucking mind.

Trying to think of a way out of detox and wishing I was never born.
Don't want to be here. Worse still though, I don't want to go home. I don't want to be anywhere.

Have you ever read any Kerouac?

you got any senpai or friends to hang with or just the interwebz?

don't fall for the bait

this a thread to both warn people who may drink to much and a place for drinkers to conglomerate and work to better ourselves.

sadly most of us are doomed to die slowly

was supposed to say family not senpai wtf

im aware user im just trying to make myself feel better...,. denial and all that

Time for the ol' taperoo

Not the user you asked.
Go back to stuff I enjoyed before booze? Like what, colouring books and hide and seek?
There is nothing left in this universe for me. Dream car? Couldn't care less. Dream girl? Not going through that ever again. My only hope is a lottery win so I can lock myself in a comfy room with a laptop and enough alcohol to never be sober, then die alone. I'm entirely serious, it's my dream life.

>tfw finally out of the shackles of physical dependence

Such a fucking relief. Staying there isn't easy either though.

Literally just al/ck/. I don't like any other community/social network/people.

Only Into The Wild, why?

>Go back to stuff I enjoyed before booze? Like what, colouring books and hide and seek?

Hell if I know what it might be, user. I obviously don't know you. But I don't belive for an instant that you went from being a toddler to an alkie. Surely there were things you enjoyed doing before you started drinking hard?

I've tapered before and made it a few months sober but honestly I'm so manic depressive when I'm not drunk that it's actually MORE destructive to those around me. I know it's selfish to be an al/ck, but some little part of me feels like I'm taking one for the team. I know that that's dumb as fuck.

I have this fucking body odor that I can't get rid of, and it's worse when I drink a lot. It's kinda sour, metallic, and a bit rotten. No amount of hygiene kills it.

All my clothes reek of it and I can smell it on myself constantly. I took a shower yesterday and my girlfriend said I made the towel smell funny.

Halp.

well man ill talk to you for a while. i get it
i have a girlfriend and a kid and ive never felt so alone in my life.... shit is weird user. its like i care for her and i love my daughter more than anything but i work nights and the girl works days so me and the daughter chill. i literally sleep 4 hours a day and get buzzed in the meantime. i feel the lonely thing man even when im with both of them on my time off i just feel like being alone..... browsing and trolling Veeky Forums and random threads on bullshit sites... i have no direction how is your day to day

SAUNA
A
U
N
A

It comes with the territory. The only way you can break the routine of alcoholism is by replacing it with another. I did this by going back to something simple I used to do which is lifting. At first it was so mind numbingly draining I couldn't stand it but I knew if I didn't pass the time and be patient I'd never repair physically/mentally. over time I gradually increased workout times and now enjoy it. The alternative is another wasted year and finding new ways into the new year in which your body is broken.

It happens with alcohol too. Shows you used to like become mundane. You stop being able to concentrate on the same shitty youtube subscriptions. You wish you could just stay asleep. It gets old as fuck being a loser.

What are you in hospital with?

11.5oz (roughly 345ml if my math serves me... questionable) within 80 minutes. Feelin' good. Watching Poldark.

Alcohol can help for a bit but it's a shitty long term solution. Taking one for the team would be going to a shrink desu.

Also, talk to your gf clearly about the very real dangers of withdrawal so that she doesn't get any Hollywood heroics about pouring out bottles and refusing to enable you shit in her head.

Normies don't know shit about drinking.

Helps for 10 minutes then the smell comes back.

The only thing that will get rid of that smell is to stop drinking. The smell is a byproduct of your liver trying to break down the alcohol in your body. Unless you get rid of that chemical at its source by reducing your booze consumption you will never be rid of it.

>Surely there were things you enjoyed doing before you started drinking hard?
I was a child. Nope

>how is your day to day?
I wake up alone, get drunk alone, watch YouTube alone then go to sleep alone.

If you didn't drink such an insane amount in one go, that wouldn't happen.