Anyone create 3D visual images in their mind

Like connecting machine parts or how a river flows down a hill

>implying it is even possible

you're joking right. this is totally possible

Are there people who don't do this? Apart from some absolute brainlets who can't for some brain damage reasons, I mean. Obviously some people are better at it than others, but surely most people can do it to some extent, right?

I met someone once who couldn't think using a voice. They just weren't able to form a voice in their head during thinking, everything was in that higher-functioning silent think. Too advanced for word thinking or just a different type of brainlet?

Sounds pretty weird, pun intended. How would they imagine a conversation? How would they imagine autistic screeching? As reading text or something?

It's actually (apparently) a relatively common issue. Personally, I have never met anyone who can't see things with their Mind's Eye. According to Wikipedia however these Mind-Eye-Blind folks can do anything you or I can do via visualizing something but they just can't "see" the thing.

Neat. They must hate math.

This reminds me of something Feynman said in an interview. Apparently he would ask colleagues to count in their head while they read a newspaper. Some read the newspaper aloud in their mind while others didn't. Some could count simultaneously because they saw the numbers in their mind's eye instead of saying them in their mind. You can find it on youtube pretty easily where he talks about it.
He also did another thing where he would practice counting naturally in his head until a minute was up and just calling that a minute so he wouldn't have to look at his watch. This way you don't have to learn how long a second is in your mind; you just have to remember the number that you count to and know it's a minute.

On OP's point, I thought visualizing things with the mind's eye was normal, but then again I'm a rick and morty fan... ;^)

>citation needed

I do it all the time. That's the only citation I need lol.

.yes.

I don't do analytics, intuition is better for me.

I can see things I don't understand until I see a picture of it, then i say "Ah...ok, got it."

Dimensions, space, time, energy, light.

> Same same, but different.

Yeah. It's largely because I can't draw so have to visualize whatever I'm putting together in my head. Is it a superpower? Woah.

You should always create high dimensional vector spaces in your head when exploring any problem. Really helps with debating too. It also exposes pretty clearly how limited most people's thoughts are on a problem. The typical person will select a very limited subspace and get walled into a simple anti or pro position on any issue or problem.

Ex: Climate change being reduced to the subspace of put out more carbon or less carbon via burning fossil fuels. Whereas the actual vector space is limitless.

Another thing is solution space vs problem space. There are two points from which to start a search from. Meaning the solution you are looking for and spreading the search out via decision branches from it. The goal being to meet any of the new solutions you have built out rather than looking for a single solution.

Everyone does this intuitively to some degree but not consciously. For instance we usually imagine an array of finished meals ready to eat before we start cooking. The two points, the solution/problem points are both expandable and by doing so you cut the complexity tremendously of any search. As we become more aware what intelligence is independent of our more biological wirings and drives this will become evident as such algorithms out compete all others. Right now it's only done intuitively by people.

Its ok to be a brainlet

wtf are you talking about, my mind is just a vacuum with words popping in as noises.

tldr just gonna drop this here anyway cuz lol

Problem Start, testing combinations looking for a solution

problem start, testing combinations while expanding the solutions via combinations.

Without expansion of the solution space you will never ever beat someone who does so to the answer. This is for whatever reason not understood? by humanity at large even though it's one of the most simplistic basic starting points of understanding what intelligence is.

Shit's magic though so don't think about it.

an example for brainlets who didn't get it btw since I'm shitposting

Imagine you are looking at some IQ test or pattern matching test and have never seen the pattern before used versus one you intuitively have seen before and check for

That quicker arrival at the solution sqrt faster than you otherwise would arrive at. If you look at an IQ test and look not just for constructive patterns but also are looking at the solution space (how could they construct this in different patterns and ways) you will do infinitely better than otherwise.

This very elementary fact of pattern matching aka intelligence is not known by humanity to any extent LOL even thought it's one of the simplest things to understand when you actually study problem solving in a non moronic way

Nikola Tesla claimed he had very vivid mental imagery of complex machinery in his mind at all times.

its ok brainlet but that's the numerous things I do when I'm bored example slow down light and imagine pitch black room no light what so ever point a flash light at a dark wall watch as the beam bounces across the room eventually lighting the room up the mind is not limted by physics

people think in a stream of words? what? that sounds janky and cumbersome.

Me and him are one.

How do you imagine a conversation? Can you not "hear" it?

Yes, our thinking is through language and visualization. So the most common way of thinking is to say things in your head with minimal infinitesimal throat movements combined with visualization via imagination. Humans hijack our visualization/communication tools to think.

i can make myself think in words but its not a switch i can flip. its a button i have to hold down.

thinking in abstract concepts and pictures is all in all a much better and faster way of thinking. some stupid redditor tried to tell me that if i don't think in words by default then i shouldn't be able to speak, read or write (???).

made a ms paint troll pic for this exact topic

yeah it's shitty sue me

They are pretty linked. The definitions for words and ideas are all stored through our visual discernment system for most of us. You might have some smells associated with things but it's not a strong connection for humans.

Blind people are interesting though, can't wait till all this stuff is understood.

tfw not a higher dimensional being able to fuck with humans at will while they have no idea what is going on

You're both wrong, it's a Vortex that's simultaneously expanding and contracting at the same time.

Einstein is wrong.

now think that in 3d

Not always, but often
Are you not a hooman?

one-eyed master race

>What is a savant?

what's the largest number people can visualize completely? when does the amount of cups you can imagine on a table in your head shift from an amount that is immediately recognizable as two or three or four cups to something that is at first glance just a bunch of objects?

My mom is like this. I forget what it's called, but she recently joined some kind of online community for it. She's pretty smart, works in medicine, but can't think or imagine visually at all.

yes it's called imagination.

I just imagined a cube inside my head. What are you going to do now?

yes

I like watching paintings and I can animate them in my head. I also like to visualize the characters I'm reading about and animate them makes reading feel like a 3D movie.

it's nice to know I'm not a freak of nature :3

everything else will just be identifying sets of 1-4

>feeling special
OP is the one who is a freak of nature though
You seemed to jump onto the whole implied specialness thing pretty quick