Do you read multiple books at a time? Do you read part of a book, and begin another, leaving the other book for later?

Do you read multiple books at a time? Do you read part of a book, and begin another, leaving the other book for later?

I typically have 3 books going at any given time.

One is bathroom reading. This tends to be short stories or history titles.

One is bedside book. This tends to be lighter stuff. My pulp reading. Stuff where I'm not all that concerned about absorbing the material

The third is the book I'm focusing on. It's what I read whenever I can find some quiet time. It will travel with my wherever I go.

Yes. I have ADHD and reading 3 - 4 books at time helps with getting bored quickly.

If the third one goes wherever you go why dont you bring it to the bathroom?

ADHD isn't real

Nothing is real bro

I'll usually have 3+ started at any given moment with a main one I'll read in tiny bits for a while before really jumping into and finishing off.

Ineluctable modality of the autismal.

>bathroom reading

I've never understood this. It takes me about one minute to have a poo. If you have enough time to read then you need more fiber

How do y'all keep track of the books you're reading, and how do you stick to finishing them?

I have 5 books filed as "in progress" on my kindle despite the fact that I´ve probably downloaded and started half a dozen more

its a nightmare to decide what to resume first, I should stop doing that

I don't read more than I can handle, usually like 4 or 5 at most

I take it you've never been in a public restroom. There's always some faggot in another stall groaning and shit as if shitting is an arduous task. Men are fucking disgusting.

Because if I get to engrossed while on the shitter, I'll sit there reading for 30 minutes after I'm done shitting. So readers digest, Uncle John's Bathroom reader, and short history fact books are what I keep in there. It provides a natural stopping point for me to realize I've been in there too long already.

I'm 40. Taking a slow, unforced shit is far easier on my hemorrhoids. (You asked.)

Bookmarks, and keeping them in the places that I do my reading. I also have no problem abandoning a book if I'm not enjoying it. So nothing really sits around. If you keep reading other shit instead of that book, it's probably not worth your time.

usually read between 4-5 books at a time, different topics & genres. all good though

A poetry collection
A novel
A short story collection
A non-fiction book

So usually 4

Generally I will read a book of the Bible whenever I finish another book. Apart from that I read usually two concurrently. Right now I am reading Plutarch's lives and the first volume of Churchill's The Second World War.

I read books in different languages to keep it up
I'm always reading:
One book in english
One book in a scandinavian language (mostly swedish)
One book in finnish
One book in german
One book in french

Somtimes I take a pause from one language; but never longer than a month