Can you explain why this is the case?

can you explain why this is the case?.

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/946531657229701120

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/02/16/277911739/warming-arctic-may-be-causing-jet-stream-to-lose-its-way
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Scholar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat
cci-reanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#t2anom
youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=23m10s
skepticalscience.com/co2-plant-food-advanced.htm
youtu.be/FSGeskFzE0s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The word 'global' could be a hint. There's an active thread about it already, we don't need another one.

Weather is stochastic, meaning that occasionally you get an extreme even. These events are incredibly hard to predict. However the average (and the trend) over months and years is easier to predict.

Or in other words: sometimes bad weather happens, it in no way changes the long term prediction.

There is no lower threshold of IQ for fertility?

The Arctic is leaking, because heat increase ie. energy increase has made the jet stream around the north pole turn into a cogwheel shape.(**)
If you add up the total heat amount over this new area, you find it is increased - the distribution has changed: warmer north pole outweighs the colder east coast.
The reason the east coast, and not the west coast, gets cold is a combination of the direction of the Coriolis force and the distribution of land mass & water mass.

(**) npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/02/16/277911739/warming-arctic-may-be-causing-jet-stream-to-lose-its-way

npr is a pretty left leaning organisation, do you have a source from a more politically neutral organization?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Scholar

the ceo of google helped cinton by designing their website (some of the help he provided may still be undisclosed), there was also the not so far past issue of the search suggestions given by google when the search term "Hillary emails" was entered into the search bar.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

Kek
>it goes deeper

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

npr is the peak of journalism tho

I'm blue if I were green I would die

hitchens only applies that to religion you dense fuck

Hitchens was a hack and so are both of you

Is this an admission of your inability to provide a source from an organization that isn't politically biased?

what organization would you consider to be unbiased?

They don't exist.

I still can't believe this man is the president of the united states.

What other choice was there? The general public is full of idiots but at least they were smart enough to not allow Clinton the presidency.
Although he wouldn't have been elected had the democratic race not been rigged in Clinton's favor.

>president expertly manipulates his scientifically illiterate followers by pandering to their anti-intellectual, propaganda induced delusions.

well gotta give him credit for knowing his audience.

>scientifically illiterate followers

why do liberals always act so high and mighty?

that's........ not how ships sink

Go down to your parent's basement and dig up their VHS tape of the 1997 film Titanic, that's where the imagery comes from.

why do all liberals get their opinions and facts from movies? go watch a proper cgi recreation of the sinking
no big ship will sink like that, it's ridiculous

>Implying I'm a liberal

fun fact, the stern really did raise off the water, probably not as much as on that picture though, but it's the reason the ship split into two parts

Trump knows the 'climate change' is real, he's just pandering to his base.

He absolutely made the right decision though to pull out of the nonsense climate accords which just handed money to dictators in third world shitholes. The scientific consensus on climate change is it's going to happen, nothing we can do about it at this point, the best strategy is to make as much money as possible today to fortify your economy for the coming hell on earth and mass migrations that will happen from desertfication and flooding. Even if we all magically found a new source of energy and switched to it we'd still have catastrophic climate change because that's just how it is, and how earth has cycled over the billions of years.

It's not like Trump even pulled out of deals that work fairly for everyone. Carbon credits are still in place. The stupid treaty benefited third world shitholes while being bad for america

Trump is officially the biggest brainlet

>nothing we can do about it
wrong

It has been observed that warming and melting in the arctic results in colder temperatures in northern continents. There isn't 100% consensus yet but the leading theory is that warming in the arctic disrupts the gulf stream. The gulf stream is kept in place between a strong temperature gradient on either side of it. When the arctic warms, the temperature difference decreases and the boundary of the gulf stream loosens. This causes the gulf stream to meander north and south, so you get pockets of cold air pushing down into the US/Europe/Russia and pockets of warm air pushing into the arctic.

A better way to look at the current state of the climate is to look at the current temperature anomaly globally, which you can do here:
cci-reanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#t2anom

Right now everywhere except northern America is warmer than average.

>he asserts without evidence

If the voting base really understood how serious AGW is, and how shitty his policies were in regards to it, they wouldn't have voted for him. And they did.
Ergo, they're fucking retards
Also vaccine science illiteracy, muh autizms!

Do people on this board even know?

A quote from the Arctic Methane Emergency Group: " If we consider food security alone, the Arctic with its perennial sea ice has been crucial for world agriculture to be viable for at least two reasons:

It has kept the jet air streams (see “Introduction” below) within the behaviour range which makes agriculture viable; whereas with BAU, the jet air streams will very likely be well out of this range by 2025 if not sooner."

Doesn't that mean we won't be able to grow food at scale in ten years?

>antarctica is warmer than american midwest.

who is dumb enough to believe this shit?

There's a jet stream of bullshit coming out of your mouth, my friend!

I don't think that graph is measuring overall temperature... I think it's measuring temperature change.

heat & droughts
----------------------
youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=23m10s

C3 & C4
-----------
skepticalscience.com/co2-plant-food-advanced.htm

Learn to read, retard

>the best strategy is to make as much money as possible today to fortify your economy for the coming hell on earth
Making money is not going to do your economy any good if global supply chains break down and you are unable to buy anything with your money.

We may also be able to use some geon-engineerig (e.g. fleets of mist sprayers or ocean alkanization with bicarbonate) to buy ourselves some time while we bring down emmisions.

If we are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere creating a greenhouse effect, why doesn't the CO2 sink back down because it's heavier than oxygen? How's it staying up there?

>npr is a pretty left leaning organisation
>politically biased
mfw political bias overwhelms fact

>If the voting base really understood ((anything)),
>they wouldn't have voted for him
Perhaps so ... but that is a really huge qualification.

who are you to say what "we" need?

>he think global warming effects are tat quick and dramatic
kek

Out in the open atmosphere, there is enough motion in the air to keep the oxygen and carbon dioxide mixed up. This motion of the air mostly comes from convection currents (i.e. wind) caused by temperature differences.

you're a movie which is even worse

so it's gonna get colder in winter? finally western europe can get piles of snow on a regular basis. i still haven't heard a downside to this global warming thing. fuck the gulf stream

How serious do you think it is though, cause the way you're talking about it you probably fall on the opposite end of the autism spectrum

time to pack up, the idiots have arrived

>Doesn't that mean we won't be able to grow food at scale in ten years?
>you'll never be this retarded
feels good

Can someone explain why I should care in the slightest about AGW?
What's the worst case scenario? Human extinction? Wiping out all live from the planet? So what? You're aware that's inevitable and it's going to happen sooner or later, nothing lasts forever? So why should I lower my high standard of living so to postpone the inevitable?

Beccause space alloys ggets mmore epensive untill you realize we will have to leave, because you think redducing human footprint is political agenda.

>REDUCE THE HUMAN FOOTPRINT!
>But also import more immigrants that contribute nothing

>WE NEED TO STOP THE REFUGEES
>But let's also cause more refugees crises to occur over the next century

>Prevent refugees from reaching shore, return the ones that do immediately
Wow it seems this refugee crisis is an artificial problem created by people who want more 3rd world immigrants

i guess you could block out all refugees
But global warming is gonna affect everything, whether you give a shit about the rest of the world
Even if you don't help anyone else it's gonna make natural disasters like floods, drought, storm etc more common
it's gonna increase the range of many diseases and parasites, it's gonna make freshwater ecosystems more eutrophic (gross)
And a host of other things

I personally think we should wait until the supposed point of no return, if shit pops of like the scientists said there will be massive incentive to invent something to fix the problem, the market will fix itself.

The market won't fix itself, they'll ask for their neoliberal puppets to fix it for them and they'll front the bill to you.

why do you have to be big suka?

oh shut the fuck up

Amerisharts are priceless

is this comic supposed to convey the idea that extinction is inevitable eventually so losing your mind over climate change is a waste of time?

this is bait

Yes.

There isn't but there should be.
Really Nazis know in their hearts this is true.

Damn. /pol/ really did a number on this board.
Now you're bound to be talking to a legit brain dead retard in every thread.

If you lived in the middle of nowhere off the land entirely with no contact to the outside world this point would be defensible. But you dont, you profit off being a member of society (re communal good will) every day in everything you do with the tacit agreement to contribute. That you can ostensibly vote explains why America is such a shithole.

>HahAHA I know nothing about boyles, henrys, or pascals laws ; additionally I have no understanding of bernoulis principle or of fluid dynamics in any general sense

Is air less dense than water? If the answer is yes then ships can and do sometimes sink like that.

What was the response rate of the participants in those studies?
Whats with all these local variations: Manchuria, Iraq, NW Russia? And who thought it a good idea to have regions with no temperature change fill in with white in precisely the same way as -30 regions?

>but at least they were smart enough to not allow Clinton the presidency.
toppest of keks

For one, the US public being "smart" did not decided the outcome of the election. The kooky electoral college system did.

Second you wouldn't have won your "great meme war" without the help of the Russians. There must be at least a dozen prominent twitter accounts that have now been outed as Russian controlled.

And most importantly, and I can't stress this enough, Trump is a Zionist who commutes the sentences of illegal immigrant employing kosher butchers when he thinks you're not watching. If anyone is leading you into WW3 it's him.

>Oppressive regimes cannot endure forever, and the day will come when the Iranian people will face a choice. The world is watching!

>And who thought it a good idea to have regions with no temperature change fill in with white in precisely the same way as -30 regions?

Says the guy know does understand heat.
Think about.
HINT: continous

University of Maine btw.

InfoWars of course

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Now you're bound to be talking to a legit brain dead retard in every thread.
Yes the africanization of the west has now taken place.

>If you lived in the middle of nowhere off the land entirely with no contact to the outside world this point would be defensible.
So because I live in the city humans will not go extinct and life will never cease to exist? You're retarded mate.
>tacit agreement to contribute
Yes I do have a job, this comment you made is completely unrelated to anything we were talking about
>America
Wrong fucking continent you massive cum guzzler

>can you link me crap scientists
gtfo of sci

>the nazis
>interested in people being intelligent or becoming more intelligent
you can pick only one my man.

the nazis actually killed anyone intelligent. and dont come up now with fucking german engineeering.

>the nazis actually killed anyone intelligent
what are you memeing about?

baaaiit

because there is nothing else to do when talking to someone who refuses to accept evidence or even hold a real conversation.

Yawn, yet another "so much for global warming" tongue-in-cheek remark tantamount to troll science.

If you want to hear a more interesting and factual argument against carbon taxes and AGW alarmism, listen to Matt Ridley

What about Steven Crowder?

>Steven Crowder
I hope you're joking friend.

Stop pointing with the cane, Larry

youtu.be/FSGeskFzE0s
I'm sure the Jews control Nat Geo though, right /pol/?

He has a tested IQ of 156. That's when he was in his 20's though.

Not with genetic modification. Shit is wild.

no matter how many youtube personalities or late-night podcasts you throw at a topic, it's not gonna hold up compared to real science done by scientists
""""arguments"""" are only good for self-radicalization

Ridley is a science writer who cites and synthesizes dozens of peer-reviewed articles to back himself up. He's not your typical e-celeb bullshitter. The fact is that climate change has helped a great many people by increasing green vegetation.

>666

Hey, Satan.

" He is the owner of land in the north east of England on which the Shotton Surface coal mine operates, and receives payments for the mine."

Sounds impartial to me to.

This Tweet shows in his mind:
>Money is more important
>Then the longevity of the human race

Pretty fucking serious given that its something we dont totally understand but we know it could cause our society to collapse you dolt. I know you form your opinions off of infowars but fun fact; many crops, in particular rice, are not tolerant of wide temperature ranges and will not germinate above certain temperatures which we are already broaching in relevant areas. It seems like Americans will only accept AGW once it causes a global famine and ensuing refugee crisis.