I'm a little socially retarded and need a guide book or something

Pic unrelated.

19 yo male college student here.

I'm not THAT socially retarded, I have friends, I don't have any anxieties, I'm also not scared of social events etc. But I'm socially retarded in a way that I don't know what to do or say in many situations.

I'm alright at being friends with other friends of MY friends. No problem at casual talks or cracking jokes etc.

But I'm the only child of my family and we don't have many relatives so it was a lonely childhood and a lonely teenage phase. No cousins, no uncles, no kids in the neighborhood etc.

So I feel like I'm always one step behind because a social life derives from social experiences but as I said, I didn't have much experience growing up.

So is there a book I can use as a guide on how to act in certain social situations?

ps. I've read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and it's not what I'm looking for. Something like an etiquette for young adults would be a better fit I guess??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iGiuU75r7ts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>how to say absolutely nothing in 10 sentences
What the fuck is your problem precisely?

You say yourself that your problem stems from a lack of social experience but you don't think more social experience would solve it?
Reading is the last thing I'd advise you to do.

Read Rodger's "My Twisted Life" and then do the opposite of everything Elliot describes.

I'm not sure on how should I approach people. What does it mean when a girl comes out their way to do this or when guy does that etc.

A girl hit on me 2 weeks ago and I only realized now she hit on me just because something similar happened to a friend of mine.

I also see people who just walk into a friend group and bond with them. I absolutely have no idea how.

I also have no idea how people get so close with each other.

And I'm a retard when comes to reacting to social happenings around me.

I'm not looking for a dating book or a networking book etc.

I'm just lost on social life dynamics.

Yeah you are right but the thing is, a normal 19-20 years-old have more social experience than me, so it's easier AND faster them to have more exp.

The more experience you have, the faster you get understanding the social life and its dynamics.

Since I had so little social experience growing up, ıt's a really slow process now.

That's why kinda need a guide. It's not about reacting this way or that way; I don't even know what kind of reactions I can have.

Why

do

you

type

a

cunt

?

The only "guide" is your own intuition. Your own experience. You have to be social. Just be social in situations where you're forced to be. Like a class or something. You're all stuck there, might as well talk.

If you want to be social somewhere else, bring friends.

Just study this video and you will get pussy wet for a mile wide radius.

youtube.com/watch?v=iGiuU75r7ts

Not op but its easier to read when its written like that.

>step 1. look like ryan gosling
that's a pretty solid plan there, my man.

I thoroughly fucking disagree. Every fucking sentence getting its own line is annoying as shit, which is why nobody does it.

Op here, yeah that's why I wrote it like that. I also think it's easier to read than a paragraph on the screen.

Paragraphs are used to connect sentences that share a common subject. When you don't have any paragraphs, not only is it visually annoying to read, it makes what you write appear disjointed and disconnected. Instead of a well thought out question about what books you think would give you an edge in social situations, you rambled for several lines about how retarded you are, and it shows.

just say like 'dope' and 'ill' and other pseudo-nig shit. and post yourself on instagram. go get em killer

OP, I used to be like this too. Also a single child, also grew up in the middle of nowhere. Had a close group of friends since forever but it was a social disaster whenever it came to interacting with people outside it.
In my case, it was a problem of confidence. I started dressing better and working out, both of which gave me a massive confidence boost. Then I moved to a new country where I did not know anyone and therefore had to make my own social circle again. The problem sorted itself out, which surprised even myself.

What I'm trying to say is, it's okay to be an introvert, but don't use it as an excuse to be shy. Try to feel more comfortable in your own skin, shit you're probably just young.

Oh, and stop posting off topic threads, you retard

look op.

1. be more self confident.
now confidence comes from competence. and that might be difficult for you to define. acknowledge this.

2. work retail
very quick smart brought-up-to-speed hit-the-ground-running social skills you'll learn on the job.

3. go to bars to meet people.
alcohol is a great social lubricant and can get you over some hills. go with friends if you don't want to go it alone. watch how much you drink unless your homies got your back over all else though

4. practise talking in college group projects and etc. or even around college.
everyone in college is dumb. interact with people, try some things, talk like a uppity posh aristocrat to one person and then spitball some "t.b.h f.a.m" to others. most of the time it will not work ( which is what you want ) and if it doesn't work out then burn bridge and move on. - practise going to extremes so you can better find your centre.
I could link you a bunch of shit but I'd doubt you'd follow it or it would even apply to you.

>3. go to bars to meet people.
>alcohol is a great social lubricant and can get you over some hills. go with friends if you don't want to go it alone. watch how much you drink unless your homies got your back over all else though
I'll edit this

alcohol can be a great social lubricant but you've got to know your limits and the type of shit that you'll be saying.

that being said, you'll learn the hardway soon enough
also all this is going to take like probably 2-3 years so just acknowledge and improve

no one cares you whiny little bitch

Except for the people who do?

>I have friends
REE get out

wrong

keep whining

Mix first hand experience with social psychology/applied psychology if you want to master that shit.

don't tell me what to do

i will and you'll obey me

Fuck off to reddit retarded redditspacer.

nah

You're autistic you're not of any help to this fellow

>My problem is, I'm not the kind of suave, charismatic CEO you read about in the movies
Go fuck yourself all the way back to Reddot, faggotron

>reddit spacing
>le socially anxious (but I'm social and have friends and all that stuff teehee)
>reddit filename

>, I have friends

This is like a lion going to a cat for help on how to catch antelope. You won't get any advice here; in fact you'll probably hurt your already present skills.

>It's not about reacting this way or that way; I don't even know what kind of reactions I can have.
what? you can have whatever reactions you want to whatever you want

Great advice

R
E
D
D
I
T

They have to double enter to make text enter once on reddit.

This.

>2. work retail
very quick smart brought-up-to-speed hit-the-ground-running social skills you'll learn on the job.

Seconded. I've worked part-time in retail for the past six months. Ringing up about 7 or 8k customers and dealing with disputes, complaints etc. has been tremendous for my self-confidence and conversational skill in social situations.

Nice to see a drama-illusioned fag walking around in this board.

>disjointed and disconnected

That's hot.

My plan for the last decade has been "ask a lot of questions and act like you give a shit". And people seem to like me and enjoy talking to me. Really I'm not that interesting but people like talking about themselves and being understood.

Over time it became more natural and I'd approach people instead of dealing with being approached. And I started to actually care about people and their interests. And I learned how to read situations and know when to offer things about myself.

To be honest, though, in the past people didn't notice until months down the track that we'd had many conversations and they knew almost nothing about me.