theledbury.com/dinner/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Goat. It's pretty good.

Fishies :)

They aren't meat tho.

Honestly it is is similar to lamb so i would lump the two together

What? No.

venison?

what about game? also turkey and delicious guinea fowl.

my meat

Lamb similar to goat? Lol. Not even close. Lamb has an extremely mild flavor. Goat is infamous for it's strong gaminess.

Maybe you've been living in some shithole where they try to pass off mutton as lamb?

Thign?

What do you think Bear taste like?

I guess you're right. Goat is superior to lamb though

Nobody gets the reference :/

That's OK, it was probably a dumb reference to begin with so nothing of value was lost.

Duck, turkey, roo, bison, elk... the list goes on and on m8

Kangaroo, alligator/crocodile, various fish.

How come goat curry is always on the bone? I want to taste goat vindaloo but every restaurant serves it on the bone and I don't like the idea of bones in my curry.

There are hundreds of meats, dumbass. Just not every one has a marketing council and congressional lobby.

>I don't like the idea of bones slow cooked for hours until the sweet buttery marrow is released into the curry sauce
Kys

Ever seen what a goat carcass looks like? It's a surprisingly small and lean animal. There aren't any big cuts of meat on it like you'd find on a cow. The bone:meat ratio is much higher so most of the cuts that get sold contain bone. Given that curry is a slow-simmered dish a bone-in cut is actually ideal for it anyway. Whenever I make curry of any sort I always use bone-in cuts (chicken thighs, beef shanks, etc). Lean "steak" cuts aren't good choices for
braised dishes like curry.

I would also assume that since "goat curry" is more of a specialty dish rather than the generic lowest-common-denominator chicken based curries the restaurant feels that people who order it are OK with a more rustic preparation. The butter chicken is on the menu for the people with fast food palates. The goat dishes are there for the more adventurous.

>>I don't like the idea of bones in my curry.
Why not? Bones create flavor. Are you just squeamish about the bones or something?

Explain how fish are not meat. You consume the muscle of the animal, exact same as any other meat.

>are cows, chickens, pigs, and sheep the only animals

what do you think nigger

>Why not? Bones create flavor. Are you just squeamish about the bones or something?

No doubt bones add flavour but I'd rather just use fattier cuts done slow and slow. I just like to be able to shovel curry into my mouth. I just eat it with a fork and find the idea of having to pull meat off the bone fiddly for curry based dishes.

>thign

>I find it fiddly
Could you possibly sound more like a faggot British dandy?

Fish are not meat because meat is the flesh of terrestrial animals.

Probably. Stay mad though.

no, meat is the flesh of an animal eaten as food

most of the definitions of meat that don't include fish as meat also don't include poultry as meat
if you don't believe me, feel free to do some cursory googling about the subject

Duck

>fish are extraterrestrials

Nope, you are wrong. Fish has not ever been considered "meat" poultry always has. If you can't eat it during Lent it's meat.

Wow, do you really think the definition of "meat" is defined by the fucking Catholic church?

Correct.

Not meat.

Kek

>Catholics are the only ones who observe lent
Like it or not Christianity did set cultural references in the west. You not believing in the faith doesn't change that the vast majority of Western people do not consider fish to be meat.

Human :)

Also, correct.

Well the vast majority of western people are wrong and stupid but then again we already knew that around here

Finally, someone who gets it.

>Like it or not Christianity did set cultural references in the west.
I'm not disagreeing with that. That's obviously true.

>>the vast majority of Western people do not consider fish to be meat.
People's opinions are not facts, user.

Checkmate

>the vast majority of Western people do not consider fish to be meat

the vast majority of people you associate with (ie: catholics), maybe, but plenty of westerners, including the majority of people in this thread, correctly view fish as a meat

as an american i wouldn’t be surprised. my dad was raised in the same area for 60 years and always talked about lamb being gamy. slap quotation marks on it and no one can sue

Yes but meat is a word that describes a PARTICULAR kind of flesh eaten by humans not ALL flesh eaten by humans. Colloquially the word is used as a syonym for all types of flesh from coconuts, to crab but this is more or less just a common metaphor to refer to things that have a certain similar texture not that they are actually the same food group as a steak.

ayy lmao

I think you meant to say you'd "lamb" the two together.

Human
>inb4 edge

You never know until you try it, best burger of my life.

In the UK at least we refer to it as "meat and fish", then within that there's red meat (beef/lamb) and white meat (chicken/turkey etc). Fish is its own category, even though it technically is meat.

it describes muscle tissue

Lol no

Wild game is the fifth meat. Venison, kangaroo, gazelle, whatever. Reptile is the sixth meat, and includes gator and snake and whatever else.

Bullshit

Not at all. I hope you enjoy this (you), I'm feeling generous.

No, it is bullshit. I am sitting in a flat in London, telling you that fish is not its own category in the UK. Supermarkets have 'meat and fish' counters, but a meat market will certainly have fishmongers among the sellers, because fish are made of meat.

Wtf? Goats are just male sheep.

I figure this is probably bait, but just in case:

Fuck no.
A lamb is a baby sheep. An adult female is a "ewe" and a male is a "ram".

A baby goat is called a "kid". A female is a "doe" or "nanny" and a male is a "buck" or "billy"

yes, precisely

You're both arguing over semantic bullshit that was lumped together for customer convenience. Even here in the states, in large groceries we have the deli counter specifically for sliced cold cuts, and the meat and seafood counter for steaks, fish, shellfish, and stew meat like ox tails and ham shanks. Better English restaurants will have one cook on the meat station, and one cook on the fish station. They're separate but interchangeable for convenience.

Are we talking about the same people who considered frogs a type of fish?

>Flesh of an animal
>Not meat

>A dictionary made a recent secular revision of a cultural adjective now we must use it this way

Lemme put it to autists this way if someone specifically asks you if there will be meat on the menu and all you have is salmon (the most "meaty" type of fish) they will be disappointed.

Rabbit and horse.

on topic and accurate

Pork is the best meat because muslims and jews hate it.

Ok. I like this. I like it when my food triggers a person.

Dog you fucking tard,duh

Yes, everythng else on the planet mde of meat.

What did he mean by this?

probably very tough and gamey

Bear meat is infamous for its stench and strong taste. When it's good, it's alright, when it's bad, there's no fixing it. It varies a lot based on whatever the bear's diet was.

Some people actually think this.

You forgot deer

Yes like every restaurant you'll ever go to. Which is why it's always listed as a separate category.

>A cultural adjective
You know that 'meat' still just means 'food' in most western cultures, right?

>Carnes
it just means food :^)

There are thousands of meats. Those are just the animals that we managed to get a rope around, thousands of years ago.

UMA

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy had it right this whole time?

Lol go away kuru faggot

Papua New Guinea freak

poultry? game like moose?

we stole their babies and raised them ourselves

The meat is okay, fat is better.
You fry slices of fat till brown and crispy and eat it like that, and you use the liquified fat as sauce for roasted moose meat.

You could even say it's...

GOAT

fucking hell.
If an alien race landed in china the chinks would probably try eating them too

>Looks like meats back on the menu boys!
what did he mean by this

Well yeah, but I was thinking more about raised animals.

Idk where you are but in Britainland, at least where I am, the next would deffo be venison if you're not gonna go into all the birds other than chicken. Still venisons the one with a distinctly different flavour to those 4 imo.

This.

>Mete
>Mattur
>Med
>Mat
All just mean 'food'

And the 'cultural adjective' is being taken out of context too. Leviticus 11:3 doesn't actually say 'meat' in the older versions, it just says 'these ye shall eat'. Later on though, it explains what makes stuff unclean (god is obsessed with contamination, apparently), and does use the word 'meat'. let's look at Lev11:32
>Also whatsoever any of the dead carcasses of them doth fall upon, shall be unclean, whether it be vessel of wood, or raiment, or skin, or sack: whatsoever vessel it be that is occupied, it shall be put in the water as unclean until the even, and so be purified.
>But every earthen vessel, wherein any of them falleth, whatsoever is within it shall be unclean, and ye shall break it.
>All meat also that shall be eaten, if any such water come upon it, shall be unclean: and all drink that shall be drunk in all such vessels shall be unclean.
Here, meat is simply used to mean food, not 'animal flesh'. Any food that unclean animals touch, becomes unclean, and any water that they touch, becomes unclean. Compare it to Lev11:39:
>If also any beast, whereof ye may eat, die, he that toucheth the carcass thereof, shall be unclean until the even.
>And he that eateth of the carcass of it, shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: he also that beareth the carcass of it, shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.
A clean animal's carcass becomes unclean if it dies naturally, and eating the carcass (note, it's not meat, because it's not food) makes you unclean.

The bible considers 'meat' to be 'food that god says is okay' regardless of source.

actually, if we're judging by old timely christian standarts, fish are not. firstly, they were belived to be "spawns of the sea", not made by mating and thus, not animals, thats why they could be eatrn during lents. people didn't second guess roe and milts for a second, and why would you? apperently the sea just spawned them and it was demonstrably fine.

but now's not the early middle ages, is it? by all accounts, biological and ethic, fish flesh is meat, and the vegetarians that eat fish are not fucking vegetarians.
shit's delicious.

anyhoo, why did not anyone mention horse meat yet? it's good. a bit tough, but what would you expect from an animal that's running around all day long.

Rabbit is very typical where i live.

Wonderful origin story and history work lads still doesn't change the fact that in a culinary tradition sense fish is not meat and never will be. You will never go to a restaurant and see beef and salmon under the same category. Fuck you faggots are arguing this semantic like your scategory card depends on it just accept the fact that it's a different dish category entirely.

venison
bear

vienna sausage don't count

I regularly go to restaurants where tuna, beef and chicken are in the same section of the menu. Your argument really does seem to come from how things are in your specific area of the world. For example, this is just down the road from work, and, you'll notice, it has turbot and lamb in the same section of the menu. theledbury.com/dinner/

Yes they are all considered to be part of the third course, what is your point exactly?