Yes and that is retarded I'm looking at you Australia,you are the worst at this

>be yuropean
>vote for jamal to come in and fuck my wife
>film it while jerking off
>virtue signal to the rest of the world about how progressive i am
>get head chopped off
>blame yourself and your pivelage

yeah nah senpai, i'll stick with cups

Greek here. My mother uses a coffee mug for measuring things.
But then again she does everything by eye and feel so pastries and bread or what have you always come out good regardless.

>she weighs 25 stone and can't fit in the lift anymore
>he tried leaving his shitty council house to join the army but was told to come back when he lost 5 stone

If you've ever used a teaspoon or a tablespoon as a measurement you're a fucking hypocrite.

8 oz = 1 cup
2 cups = 1 pint
2 pints = 1 quart
2 quarts = 1 gallon

And that's liquid measurements, which are different than dry measurements. 8 oz of liquid is measured differently than 8 oz of flour/sugar/etc

Also, eggs are considered a liquid measure, while butter is considered a dry measure.

Stop embarrassing your country

They use the same spoons but put different units on them.

No, 1 gallon = 4 quarts

Crap, you're right, I meant to type that, but I was on a "2" streak.

Upvoted

Where? In the uk only old people use that

You can't bake by eye or feel so they would come out even better if you measured exactly.

Chemical leavening is the only part of baking that can't be done by feel. Anything yeasted can turn out great.

>heat
I don't think that's safe user

Do eurocuck recipes do everything in milliliters?

How many foots of stone is an ounz and why is pound spelled lbs?
Atleast a gram and a meter can be determined and proven mathematically.

Go ahead, try measuring one meter by how far light travels in one billionth of a second or whatever it is

No, femtograms

1L = 1L
2L = 2L
4L = 4L
5L = 5L (this one is tricky when you're not used to decimal)
8L = 8L
10L = 10L (blows your mind, doesn't it?)
12L = 12L

Centilitre usually. And grams for weight, since we only measure liquids as liquids.

If you're trying to say every mother fucker in Europe has a scale in their kitchen you're a goddamn liar.

Just like in America those who care about cooking will have a scale and use it when cooking but the majority do not have and use a scale on a regular basis.

>centilitre
what the fuck, thats the least used

>Autistically screeches into the wind

>American website
>read recipe
>5 burgers of flour
>2 inches of ketchup
>15 stones of corn syrup
>8 and a half handfuls of sweet tea
>7.5 bullets of American cheese
>cook for 46 school shootings

Yes? You don't have a fucking scale or measuring cup for liquids? Even if you don't, most stuff comes with the weight stated in grams or litres, so if you need 50g and you have a packet with 200g it's really not hard to get 50g out of it without a scale (unless you have American education I guess).

Depends on the country, and it's not like it makes a difference since it's absurdly easy to convert to ml or l.

I said people who care about cooking have a scale. I have a scale, several scales actually, that doesn't change the fact that most of Europe, American, and the entire world don't have and regularly use a scale when cooking.

>you have a packet with 200g it's really not hard to get 50g out of it without a scale (unless you have American education I guess).

Given how often I hear people bitch about "american units" I'd say that most people do indeed find basic arithmetic to be complicated.

I agree 100% that the Imperial system is silly compared to the metric one. But given how easy the conversions are who gives a shit? It's all just simple arithmetic.

This whole thread is OBSESSED

My country also uses cups, but ours make a bit more sense.
Americups = 236,5ish ml, a quarter of a quart
Ourcups = 250ml, a quarter of a litre
Now, the fun part is that 1 litre of any food liquid will weigh 1 kilogramme. 1 Americup is 8oz and 1 pound is 16oz but 2 Americups is not a pound because they use special, wholly unnecessary different ounces to measure liquids (wut), fluid ounces. So while 2lbs is roughly 908g, 4 Americups of liquid IE 1 quart weighs about 946g.
Seems bizarre to do it that 'weigh.'

>Now, the fun part is that 1 litre of any food liquid will weigh 1 kilogramme
But that's not true at all. Do you think that all foods have the same density?

>> wholly unnecessary different ounces to measure liquids
One is a volume measurement the other is a mass measurement. It's no different than the metric system having grams for mass and mL for volume.

>Now, the fun part is that 1 litre of any food liquid will weigh 1 kilogramme