>>9453273

This is in fact sexist and discriminatory. This is really more to distract from the real issues women prevent women from getting into stem.

Other urls found in this thread:

ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/msc-research-engineering-science?wssl=1
thesun.co.uk/news/4738829/medical-student-lavinia-woodward-spared-jail-for-stabbing-boyfriend-because-of-her-extraordinary-talent-may-exploit-loophole-to-get-back-to-oxford/
telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/01/22/oxford-university-gives-women-time-pass-exams/amp/#ampshare=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/01/22/oxford-university-gives-women-time-pass-exams/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

viz?

how will making them feel dumb for a few more days help?

how hard is it to get accepted into Oxfords engineering masters program? american here.

This seems, at the same time, to be a case of lowering standards in an attempt to get in people who don't deserve it; and something that will not help, because everyone across the board can use that extra time for extra polish equally. Impressively stupid.

ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/msc-research-engineering-science?wssl=1

>For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.5 out of 4.0.

I was recently admitted to Cambridge Engineering PhD with a 3.85 from a top 10 uni and some undergrad research

It is the second hardest uni in the UK to get into. You must apply for interview training prior to applying.

Feels good I'll never be this much of a pseud

>students complain for decades, if not centuries, that timed exams put to much stress on the student and do not test their ability in a subject but only how quick they can recall facts and that is a bad educational practice
>yeah, grow up you losers
>Someone claims it makes women feel slightly more uncomfortable then men
>TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED SWEETIE

>on Veeky Forums
>not this much of a pseud
Pick one.

How does funding work for an american trying to get a phd there?

That destroys the whole point of the test. It becomes completely worthless.

Now women will have to work slower to get the same grades and will end up being total shit, so they'll get out of my STEM. Nice.

>dailymail

Get the fuck out

>I'll never be this much of anything
FTFY

This doesn't make any sense. They're not extending times only for women, which mean men will get better grades as well on average. I haven't seen any data showing men think "faster but not better" than women..

Which means this will help everyone's grades for a couple of years until professors adjust their exams and we now have the same grades but have to suffer through exams for a longer period of time.

Yeah, them having lower IQs

gib ocksfurd stem qt pls

>Cuckxford
Hahahahahahahahahahahahhagahahahs

thesun.co.uk/news/4738829/medical-student-lavinia-woodward-spared-jail-for-stabbing-boyfriend-because-of-her-extraordinary-talent-may-exploit-loophole-to-get-back-to-oxford/

>dailymail
>no source article
>no links at all
Pure cancer. Please leave, this isn't science.

I don't get it.

>The proposals were put forward to reduce the 'undue effects of time pressure' which the prestigious university believe effects women more than men
>effects
Holy shit. Writing is literally their fucking job.

god oxford people are so ugly

>to help women get better grades
But women have historically outperformed men in school
At any rate, it's a good move regardless of the motivation. Real-world engineering situations rarely come with a 1 hour deadline

I go to Oxford and I can tell you this: I've impregnated 4 faculty members and 10 students, 3 of which were men.

Maybe someone wanted more time and made up the sexism angle out of whole cloth.

thanks for sharing

No. Who cares about a time limit? In science can submit your research to get published and have to wait 2 months before you know wether or not it is accepted. Exams are worthless anyways
I say this as a sperg who always finished his exams first and got the best marks.
There needs to be more women in STEM I find them a pleasure to work with. Femininity is an important part of humanity and it is a shame so many cultures repress femininity in both the sex's and confine it's place to housekeeping and caretaking. I'm lucky enough to work in STEM fields with plenty of women (ecology and marine biology).
I get real tired of seeing all these incel reactionaries shitting up the internet.

Frankly it just means that men will finish and leave earlier.

t. Thirsty white knight

When you realize there are no women in their CS classes LOL

Real news site
telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/01/22/oxford-university-gives-women-time-pass-exams/amp/#ampshare=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/01/22/oxford-university-gives-women-time-pass-exams/

t. man of soy

>I haven't seen any data showing men think "faster but not better" than women..

I imagine the justification wouldn't be that but that women tend to suffer more from exam stress and having more time will decrease this and hence they'll do better.

You're not cool or smart and your opinion is worthless. Get off of Veeky Forums.

Wow I never thought of it this way.
>

how spergy must you be to get riled up about getting more qt maths girls? you want to sit next to more dudes?
I hope oxford makes it easier more for women tbqh

yeah fuck progress i want a constant chub in my pant

Look I already know girls are shit as maths but shoudlnt the genetic outliers who are actually good at mathematical thinking be the ones in these STEM degrees? Why the fuck are they trying to make the average woman get into STEM?

>muh dik
>in STEM
Get out you homo erectus.

Women have a higher average IQ than men.
>inb4 /pol/tard mental gymnastics

I don't care because it was the same way in trade school, it's why all trade school exams are now just no-pass/pass instead of numerical scores.

Fact is nonwhites will continue to be stupid, and women underrepresented because women let men (especially foremen) push their shit in when men would start a fight. Tragically, such is life.

Shit will correct itself. Money always wins, power always wins, white and asian men are the gods of math and science and will continue to do their thing and be sought after. Anything other than that is noise and typical plebe rabble.

if they had higher IQs then they wouldn't need more time to finish an exam

inb4 feminist mental gymnastics

this

even if sjws propel brainlets into power they won't accomplish shit

>IQ = how well you do in an exam
>[citation needed]

Pretty sure male brains are more optimised to handling stressful and time-limited examinations than female brains. It's not like controlling for IQ or results in other parts of the course wouldn't be difficult.

then there should be no problem with giving the men the same time to do the exam since time obviously isn't a factor for the male brain

It is a factor, under my statement men can complete more problems correctly than women in the allowed time. Giving them both the same amount of time, whether longer or shorter to a certain extent will always have men on top. I'm not against equality of opportunity however, teaching women to think more rigorously and logically such that they can compete with men is preferable to equality of outcome through discrimination, as is simply weeding out both men and women that are below a male-female combined average, where there would be less women to pass than men.

so you agree that women aren't as smart as men and require the same amount of time to complete the same task

like it or not speed in completing a task is a great way of measuring IQ

people shouldn't be passed along just because just for feminist bullshit reasons like equality of opportunity, that just ends up with a bunch of idiots in positions they cant handle

they'll have to be coddled throughout their lives

>progress
lmao this isnt gonna hinder the development of maths haha
theyre UNDERGRADS. anyone whos gonna solve anything will still get in. id rather sit next to a mediocre girl who's pretty piff, than a mediocre guy who smells of wet socks

Has an absolutely incompetent person with an IQ of 143(at least when I had it tested as a child.
I can tell you there is much more that goes into success and contribution than intelligence.
Test scores are bullshit and and the worth of an individual cannot be quantified.
Diversity is not a meme in any way. But liberals have memed on it, diversity is really much broader than the institutional liberals pass it off to be.
Femininity is important and we need more of it, we should make effort to end the cultural hedgemony repressing femininity. Not through bureaucratic management, hiearchy is exactly what we need to destroy. But when it sorta works it sorta works. Ill take it as a win, get bitches mane.

>diversity is really much broader than the institutional liberals pass it off to be.
>Femininity is important and we need more of it, we should make effort to end the cultural hedgemony repressing femininity. Not through bureaucratic management, hiearchy is exactly what we need to destroy.
All interesting points. Could you expand on them?

>women aren't as smart as men
Can you hear yourself talk? If albert fucking einstein took 2 minutes to solve a basic algebra problem that some high school student took 1 minute and 50 seconds to solve because he'd done more practice on those problems would that student become smarter when it comes to algebra than the science jew himself? Of course not, speed is by no means a flawless or even a rudimentarily good measure of intelligence. Otherwise examiners would give everyone a fuckton of questions and severely limited time so only the quickest people would be able to answer every single question. Instead exams are designed such that most people taking the exam can expect to have a reasonable amount of time to finish every compulsory question without rushing; we are graded on our question results, not our speed. As a closed-book test, current exams are about as good as we're going to get, though their grade percentage could definitely be decreased from the often 40-70% in favour of more telling research and practical tests.

Fuck femininity, I reject a world ruled by humanitarianism and compassion any more than it already is; it's that mentality that's giving us the migrant crisis in the first place. What we need is the more masculine traits of logic and rigour.

Probably hard enough that you should just apply to the superior American schools.

>a world ruled by humanitarianism and compassion
oxymoron
>any more than it already is
Any more than not at all?
>it's that mentality that's giving us the migrant crisis in the first place. What we need is the more masculine traits of logic and rigour.

If everyone was calm and logical, they'd look at West Africa and say "no thanks" and we'd be fine. They'd look at Instead we get Kony 2012, an Inconvenient Truth, removal of gun rights, Merkel and Clinton, appealing to the masses saying that "we need to be show some compassion" and this is where we've ended up. Left-wing hell, where feels trump reals, and your rights are valid as long as you don't offend anyone. From a logical analysis there are calm and orderly ways of fixing all the issues that these "solutions" appeared for, but they didn't capture the hearts of the impressionable masses.

The Kony campaign raised a bunch of money in merch and donations that went nowhere near Uganda. An Inconvenient Truth predicted that half of us would be dead due to sea level rise by now all, and thanks to that Al Gore has his own hydrocarbon-pumping private jet. Gun rights being taken away when in reality most guns used in murders are purchased illegally in the first place, so now there are only less law-abiding citizens with guns. Merkel used the migrants in Africa as her plea for great inhumanities happening that we must band together as a people and prevent. Now she's comfortably in her leather chair and burning Europe the the ground, and no doubt would Clinton have tried something similar.

If you're implying that sanctuary cities, virtue signalling, and "being afraid to apprehend a ring of pedophiles because you might offend the muslim community" is anything but a sign of a world ruled by (misplaced) humanitarianism and (false) compassion you've got another thing coming.

Do you even know who Charles Taylor is?
Don't even fucking mention west Africa retard, I happen to know quite a bit. American imperialism has started many civil wars and has overthrown many Democratically elected leaders, plunging African communities into hell. All so we can get at African resources.
You think that is love and compassion? And femininity? And killary Clinton happens to be one of the biggest war criminals around. Al gore isn't much better. Liberals and neocons are exactly the same.
We should stop destorying Africa and maybe there won't be so many refugees
Bitch please, get your brainlet ass off of this board and don't use logic as a buzzword.

>hurr timed tests are an accurate judge of academic ability

The absolute state of engineers.
Tests that rely on time for artificial difficulty are designed for the sole purpose of letting engineer Dunning-Krugerrands whine about how difficult lower-div math is.

>If everyone was calm and logical, they'd look at West Africa and say "no thanks" and we'd be fine.
Nigerian immigrants are some of the most productive members of society. You really know nothing.

Well maybe we're referring to different feminine values here. I agree that American imperialism has definitely caused large problems for other countries, but this has been beneficial for the US to some extent. So long as the acts weren't selfish and were of some value to the state I don't think you can say they were objectively wrong. I think you understand my point on humanitarianism. Individuals being caring to their neighbours or even strangers is hardly inherently a bad thing, just that false humanitarianism has become a common political narrative for modern politicians and crooks; it's an excellent way to sway people's opinions. Fighting for the oppressed and becoming a revolutionary against evil is something that captures the ideals of the susceptible voters, as if virtue signalling has become a currency. Arguably, these problems are caused by the more feminine values, though that isn't so say that all masculine values are objectively better. It appears we've got the worst of both worlds, with both countries rampantly militaristic and uncontrollably magnanimous. Perhaps the media's spotlighting and amplification of injustice is at fault for the latter issue, but both are ingrained in political cultures.

Note that not only is it militarism that upsets the balance of 3rd world countries, but also foreign aid.

>Nigerians are a good representative for the average West African wanting to leave their country
I don't think so.

The majority are Nigerian simply due to population logistics. It actually applies to all West Africans we take in. Plus you're just shifting the goal posts of your original statement. You talk of people being "calm and logical" and then ruling out an entire region of immigrants without analytics. That's the very definition of reactionary and impulsive.

The daily mail is dogshit of the highest order. That being said journalism isnt science and you often dont reveal your sources.

>But women have historically outperformed men in school
Women historically werent educated so this statement is retarded

> Left-wing hell
> burning Europe
>nything but a sign of a world ruled by (misplaced) humanitarianism and (false) compassion
Holy shit the state of American education lmao.

>So long as the acts weren't selfish and were of some value to the state I don't think you can say they were objectively wrong
Interesting user, tell me again how imperialism isnt selfish.

>I want to make life easier for women

beta af

True.

>American

I never said it wasn't selfish from the point of view of the state, I was just implying that even something as bad as pillaging other countries can be good for that state that does the pillaging, and therefore can be seen as worth doing. You're reading into intent that doesn't exist.

they don't enjoy working with you though, fish fucker

You mad?

That implies what is good for the state is good for us.(it's not, burn the state). That also implies you think sociopathic states are just. That may be the way things are but it isn't how it ought to be.

No they don't men have higher averages as well as a flatter distribution.

>"interview training"
??

>Soyford University
Who cares

Average IQ yes, but men have a wider distribution so the smartest (and dumbest) people are men. If you take STEM uni student they are a subsection of the higher end of the curve so, amongst the population in question, women have a lower IQ on average.

I don't care either way btw.

>muh logic

Prove from first principles that immigration is bad.

>Well creeps, any objections???????!!!!!

The fact that this would never happen if the roles were reversed.

/thread

Can anyone actually cite good evidence for this

America belongs to Amerindians the same as europe belongs to europeans. Time to deal with it, subhuman.

Nothing I was talking about was specific to the USA, nor am I from or in the USA.

And calm down fagglehorn. Land belongs to no sociocultural category. Lets be capitalists here boys. Fair and square.

How is it discriminatory if everyone gets more time?

>dailymail
Okay

nah, i want to get my masters at one of the ancient 7 of europe. if i can't get into Oxford, which other college should i shoot for? Trinity College?

St andrews bitch.

do they have an engineering program? doesn't look like it.

Because youre bending rules for someone.

>(((white))) men