Go back to HS after dropping out

>go back to HS after dropping out
>haven't practiced math in almost ten years
>last 4 teachers were garbage

And now I had to start again way into the program
but I'm having trouble even with simple shit.

I tought I understood inequalities but now that I tried to exercise by myself nothings comes out right,
and I have a test tomorrow.

>mfw A grades in everything but math

Other urls found in this thread:

stitz-zeager.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>go back to HS after dropping out
>>haven't practiced math in almost ten years

wat? You mean adult GED classes?

go cry then you stupid cry baby

hey nigger what are you trying to accomplish by posting this everywhere ?

You might be stupid. Just give up. "A diploma for everyone" is a stupid leftist meme.
Get a job installing ACs or something. You'll earn a nice 40k a year and feel much happier than someone earning 80k but slaving away behind a desk.

You probably do understand inequalities. I imagine you're probs doing something to the equations you have involving them that you're not thinking through fully.

Mathematics is unforgiving, there are no excuses you either pursue it or you do not

are you a burger? is this common in burgerland? Dropping out of HS?

I am yuropoor and I havent heard of anyone ever dropping out of middle or highschool
I know some really dumb people who had to resit the whole year but in the end they passed but no one ever dropping out

I find inequalities to be much easier once I connect it with graphs, although there are some parts of it which are a bit confusing. Also knowing the difference between AND and OR was a mistake I had for a while

No

I'm in the top 3 of my class, not much of an achievement, but still.

I'm european.

I do understand them,
I just get stuck sometimes because I don't remember procedures, or I don't see a way to simplify them.

ATM I'm having an hard time figuring out this shit.

It should be fucking simple but I get x≥ 2 U x< -5/4

Just keep in mind that squaring a minus number is the same as squaring the number and the sign error in the 5/4 is probs just something simple you overlooked solving the equation. Run back through how you worked it out and see where the minus sign came from.
You're like 95% of the way there m8 and you'd probs get most of the attempt marks for what you got, if that's how it works in the US.

1. Find the domain of the function (looks like you did this properly)
2. Solve it as a normal equation and find the zeroe(s)
[eqn]
\begin{align}
\sqrt{x^2-4} & = 4-x\\
x^2-4 & =(4-x)^2\\
x^2-4 & =16-8x+x^2\\
-16-4 & =-8x\\
\frac{-20}{-8} & =x\\
\frac{5}{2} & =x
\end{align}
[/eqn]
Double check for errors since squaring might give you extra false solutions.

Now you just got to plug in "test values" in your equation and see in which part it holds up. You can pick any values as long as they're bigger and smaller than 5/2 and in your domain.
[math]
f(x) = \sqrt{x^2-4}-4+x < 0\\
f(3) = False\\
f(-3) = True
[/math]

Since it's only true for -3 smaller than 5/2 we know that it has to be < 5/2

Well this is the only method i've been taught so far, no wonder i'm doing something wrong.

Personally I used stitz-zeager.com/ as precalculus book before I went back to university.

maybe important for you is that when you have an inequality problem and divide by a negative number the inequality sign change. e.g. when you divide by -8 in the last step, the < sign change to >.

Even Charles Darwin who is a famous biologist had trouble with Algebra 1. He hired a math tutor and dismissed him because he hated math.

Just keep trying harder.

>20/8 becomes 5/4

I'm a fucking idiot.

Take an IQ test. Of you're below 100, you will never need math in your life.
You will also never earn much of a living, but you wouldn't know that, because you sick at math.

in the age of internet on such an easy math topic watch fucking videos moron

>an adult
>hasn't had to do basic algebra on personal expenses or paychecks or banking
>somehow found way back to the school building without getting lost, presumably without mummy and daddy's help

Only thing hard about inequalities is remedy to flip if you multiply or divide by negative. The rest is just common algebra