DARK is the fastest thing of all things

DARK is the fastest thing of all things

based DARK

you're not 'fraid of the DARK are you Veeky Forums...? for you SHOULD be.

"Dark" is the absence of light, its not actually a thing.

watchu mean negro.

light can be on, and I can remove it to signal you.

Change in the steam of photons signal you, not photons themselves.

That is bullshit. Not only shadows can move faster than light, but also the area at which light is shined on. Actually darkness can move only with light speed through space.

How can whitebois even compete?

Black depend on light. just like in real life niggers depend on white for free gibs

>"Dark" is the absence of light, its not actually a thing.

True but for the wrong reasons. Something that has no reification cannot have posterior attributes with reification. How do you reify light as something when it itself is composed of other things?
>light can be on, and I can remove it to signal you.

Removing "light" would require you to remove change, something cannot be done because then you would have nothing. Light is always "there", there is no such thing as "emitting" light because light does not travel. It is a perturbation, loosely stated it's a ratio between "dark" (absence) and "light", expressed as EM "waves". You can block off and dilute it as much as you'd like, EM of some sort will still be there (this is what we call "space").

>Change in the steam of photons signal you, not photons themselves
Photons don't exist.

Ok, guys, this is an obvious troll who is trying to measure the speed of DORK, and his level of DORKNESS. image related

THE SON OF DARKNESS, MANE OF CHAOS, KNIGHT OF HIGH HOUSE DARK DISAGREES

you can use the exact same logic to argue that the end of a laser pointer can go "faster than light".
also can you tell me what site you saw that retarded "sciences and technology" article so I can block it so I don't accidentally visit it someday?

how can LIGHT boys even compete??

Darkness spread as light recedes. The speed of light is c => the speed of darkness is c.

Damn!

If you have a light year long pole that is of a small enough mass I can push it with my bare hands, since the other end would move at the same velocity I pushed the opposite end at at the same time, would that mean information traveled faster than the speed of light in this circumstance?

Looking at the "shadow racing" part, they probably mean the speed in which a shadow can project itself.

> implying lasers can't move as fast as dark
dark faggots BTFO again

>"Dark" is the absence of light, its not actually a thing.
WRONG!
Read Goethe

>since the other end would move at the same velocity I pushed the opposite end at at the same time
No... Where did you get this idea from? Did you think it up yourself?

Because your pushing on the rod would send a shockwave through it. The other end wouldn't instantly move. Did you really think that this had somehow avoided notice and that you discovered a glaringly obvious loophole in physics?

no, the push would travel down the pole at the speed of sound through whatever material it is.

Couldn't you also phrase it the other way around? Light is the absence of darkness.

>light-year long
>small enough mass to push yourself
not physically possible
I could postulate something equally impossible but more obviously false such as: "I have a chariot that goes faster than the speed of light, can it go faster than the speed of light?".

More of a semantic and ontological question
Define "thing".

WE

WUZ PHOTONS

The shadow rises

is there such a thing as a dark particle?

This is no different than saying a laser dot breaks the speed of light.

Point a laser at the moon, and quickly sweep it across the surface.

The dot appears to move faster than light, but the light that actually forms the dot is still travelling at c. Like how the sound of a supersonic jet travel will seem to cross the ground faster than the speed of sound in air, despite the waves themselves only moving at the speed of sound.

The exact same can be said of a shadow, but it's an absence of photons instead.