ITT: Books that had a major influence on you

Mein Kampf
Schopenhauer's 'On Women'
Gulag Archipelago

I'm redpilled too

Just add My Twisted World and you'll be perfect.

Why is
>Law, Legislation and Liberty
not
>Law, Legislation, and Liberty
?????

Discourse on the Method
Spinoza's Ethics
The Communist Manifesto
Heidegger's What is Metaphysics?
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
To The Lighthouse
The Sound and the Fury
Hamlet
Ficciones and El Aleph
V.
Mi Mamá me Ama
Felices Días Tío Sergio
And a book of all of Cesar Vallejo's poetry

Based Burke

Back to school

Been thinking about getting this. Any good?

Tao te Ching
Wittgenstein's "On Certainty"
A Canticle for Leibowitz
Machiavelli's "The Prince" I found it boring but I noticed a lot of my self serving tendencies

It is good, but it's one side of the argument with Rousseau essentially. Rousseau believed people were born good but corrupted by society; Hobbes essentially believed people were brutish psychopaths and if the state didn't crush them into conformity life would be a living hell.

I urge you to read both of them with a grain of salt as they are both right very much dependent on context.

Redpilled? No you're just retarded

The Individual and his property

Over and over again recent history has proven this man right. Back when I was in my right libertarian phase, before I had actually read Keynes, I detested him. Funny how wrong I was.

>/POL/
>makeameme.org
>image with impact font.
Oh for fuck's sake, if you're going to play at the meme league at least put some effort into it.

How does this compare to Heretics and The Everlasting Man?

Because legislation and liberty are subsets of law

Ignatius?

Was the first thing that came up on Google images when I searched for a cover. The edition I read was from Oxford World's Classics if I remember correctly.

pic related

newfags out

I am now a devout Catholic thanks to this book

friend :)

The ego and its own.

(pic related is to preempt the reply, he isn't even that edgy but most people haven't read it so whatever)

The Sun Also Rises

t. remorseful degenerate

moby dick
steppenwolf

reddit

In what way?

Great books

While it certainly isn't the best book for learning geometry, I read it when I was young and it was my introduction to first principles logic. Wouldn't be where I am today without this wonderful book of proofs

If anyone has any interest in studying herd/mob mentality this is a must-read IMO.

I fucking hate liberals.

Is Goldwater, dare I say it, /ourguy/ ?

Can you recommend an enjoyable (not necessarily faithful) translation of this? I'm honestly finding the most interesting parts to be his explanation of word etymologies (e.g. slogan), the rest of it is very dry and repetitive. For instance, all subdivisions of crowd types outside of "baiting" and "flight" can be reassigned as a variation on one of those two (e.g. the festal crowd is just a positive baiting crowd where death is eaten in the form of objective excess instead of itself killed in the form of another human).

I essentially spent an entire semester analyzing this book and it's crazy how influential this book is, probably because of how accurate it is.

It is but, what said is a good way to approach it.

Took a class on this book in college. Good choice.

This book is fucking stupid. I have a degree in economics btw.

Is that you Margaret?

Yes, indeed it is.

You know me and my taste in books so well, how come you never asked me out?

Because you're an old British lady who was prime minister in the 1980s and always carried around a copy of Hayek's Road to Serfdom. You're dead now, and in any event aren't really my type to be honest with ya.

>I have a degree in economics btw.

Does Thomas Sowell know what hes talking about?

Genuinely curious on how that book had a major influence on you.