For me, it's the classic american grilled cheese

For me, it's the classic american grilled cheese.

Needs butter on white bread with Kraft singles, yeah that's the grilled cheese or as some say grilled chee, personally I never figured out how many slices to use

Naw niggah naw

1. don't use slices, use shredded cheese, it melts more evenly and allows you to blend different cheeses perfectly
2. not white bread, use literally any other kind of bread
3. Use coconut oil instead of butter.

I bought some fancy cheese to make one recently but it just separated and got all gross. I'm still mad.

I usually make provolone with a parmesan blend on rye with sauteed onions and mushrooms. Served with a tomato bisque and red pepper flakes on top

whenever I see cheese pulled apart it always reminds me of this

>fancy cheese

Just use Colby Jack or something. That or like a blend of Colby, Jack, mozzarella, provolone maybe, it isn't rocket surgery, just toss some cheese on bread and grill it. Or get a panini maker and it does all the work itself.

Butter the outside of the bread and lightly season it with garlic salt tbqh lad

Looks like its been fried not grilled.

use mayo rather than butter and use sharp provolone and manchego but also make sure you use a creamer cheese for texture.

That's a melt, not a grilled cheese. Are you trying to piss me off?

That's a cheese ghostie.

Youre a fucking melt, user.

But I never called it a grilled cheese

Fuck. Beat me to it.

>use mayo rather than butter
What's the point of this? Convenience, since most people don't have soft butter available? I really don't like the smell of browned eggs, I don't even eat baked goods that have had an egg wash applied because of that smell.

You're a stupid fucking cuck, you know that, right?

There is no point. It tastes objectively worse than using butter.
>since most people don't have soft butter available?
Why the hell not? Just soften it in the microwave if you have to.

Mayo gives a different taste. I prefer that of butter but some people prefer the mayo.

This isn't an insult, it's a fact: you have autism.

Yeah the smell of browned egg doesn't smell good to me. The smell of the butter getting slightly browned is one of my favorite smells. You can microwave butter to soften it but it usually ends up melting a bit. I just put a little butter in the heated pan and then move the bread over it to soak it up if I don't have any soft butter ready.

I guess I can understand why because of the lemon, vinegar, or any other flavorings that are in the mayo.

Checked.

:)

>classic american grilled cheese
You probably mean grilled classic american cheese.

A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). This entire thread consist of "melts". Almost every "grilled cheese" sandwich i see on here has other items added to it. The fact that this thread is called "grilled cheese" is nothing short of utter blasphemy. Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese. I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, make your own thread entitled "melts" because that is not a fucking grilled cheese. I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them. Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. Shit, I stopped lurking after 3 years and commented for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" all over Veeky Forums and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this thread this morning I finally snapped. Hell, I may even start my own thread just because I know this one exists now.
Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your damn melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt.

>3. Use coconut oil instead of butter.

The rest is fine.

Use homemade engineered vegan butter instead of coconut oil :-)

:o)))

fuck off reddit

>Chicago Style

KILL UR SELF