Have you ever got hyped for certain food and thought it will taste great but in the end it turned out to be complete...

Have you ever got hyped for certain food and thought it will taste great but in the end it turned out to be complete shit?

Nevertheless understood the hype for Italian rice balls. Wasn't too crazy about it when I tried it

Bland from top to bottom

That's that place that won't allow you to order your sandwich without slaw the first time, isn't it? Fuck those yankee shits, I grew up in the south, I know whether I want coleslaw on my sandwich or not.

Pro tip: I don't, unless it's barbecue. The only other vinegar and cabbage I want on a sandwich is sauerkraut on a braut.

Had a kfc double down for lunch today. Massive waste of time.

Bacon
>t. ex-moslem

yinzer here, can confirm. primanti bros is way overrated.

I like bacon with a few things but it doesn't belong on everything. People stopped eating so much bacon when the "fat = bad" trend started taking off, but when that stopped they tried to push bacon as something AWESOME AND PUT IT ON EVERYTHING.

Pork chop just tastes better in every way and the amount of fat that sits on the bacon tastes dirty in my mouth.

The opposite actually. I try some foods expecting them to be awful and end up loving them. I tried sushi just because I was sick of hearing about how much people loved it and wanted to shit talk it and it ended up being alright. Some other shit I expect to be terrible but was great: braunschweiger, menudo, tartar, sashimi, raw oysters, bleu cheese.

If you buy cheap bacon it's going to have more fat and fake smoke flavoring, maybe try buying one of the more expensive brands if that's the problem. Or you could try a BLT sandwich if you haven't yet, it's good if you get peppered bacon and the tomato on the sandwich balances it out.

Pork chops are good but pulled pork is something else. A pulled pork sandwich with a decent BBQ sauce and coleslaw is really good.

Wine. The way people would describe it, and was totally let down. Same with champagne, fine and domestics. Rosé is the closest I can find to what I've heard described.

What's a good brand of bacon then? Is there a way to cook it so it doesn't have much oil on the top of it? I will try pulled pork some time, it doesn't seem hard to make.

sushi

all expensive food.
its Never worth the price, mom's cooking will always be better, and usually free

There is a place in Toronto that sells these Japanese cheesecakes. I love cheesecake. This place was hyped by my sister. Went on a trip passing through Toronto and stopped by the place. The smell was great and you can see them making the cakes. I tried the cheesecake and it was the most bland shit I ever tasted.

Japanese cooking puts more value on textures than flavor

thai place locally "lets try it out" waited like an hour and was the most bland thai food ive ever tasted, like devoid of flavor

Did not care for the texture either.

not a yinzer but the first (most recent) time I went to primanti bros they didnt have any ice for the beverages

granted this was in grove city about 1 1/2 hours away from my hometown

tried making an apple pie with my lover the other day. added too much spice and biting into it was like pouring a shaker of cinnamon and nutmeg directly onto your tongue

Some brands will sell both cheaper bacon and more quality ones. I think Hormel sells cheap bacon but their better bacon is called Black Label or something. Just look at the more expensive ones. After you cook the bacon you can blot it with a paper towel to remove excess grease if you want to.

I thought the texture of them were okay. Almost like a tres leches cake. But, you can get a similar texture with a ricotta cheesecake which also has more flavor IMO.

Takoyaki. I get why its likeable, I just didn't like it.

same.

>expected some octopus balls
>got dough balls with the tiniest piece of seafood

Depends on where you get it because every place put different size of octopus bits inside.
The good one is the crispy one with big chunk of octopus. But then again many places just slapdash it.

This.
It always confuses me when people try a dish once and then draw conclusions from it. Surely people realize that different restaurants make dishes different ways. Some do a good job, some don't. There are regional variations of dishes, etc. Trying something once and then making decisions based on that is silly.

fish in general
shellfish too

Everything from applebees

Disney Turkey legs
I worked at a shop that sold them, always smelled delicious, guests always went on about them
They're not awful, but not as good as I expected. Dry and lacking flavor honestly. Filling but not $10.75 filling, especially since they become a chore to eat after a while.