"the future of literanture is large focus on the representation of minorities in literature"

>"the future of literanture is large focus on the representation of minorities in literature"
>"you can't write minority characters if you're heterosexual, white, middle class, male because you don't know what their experiences are like and are appropriating their identity"

well fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Derrick_Hudson
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ignore those morons and write what you want.

i'll try my best

but how do i complain about libcucks if i do this

DEAD

WHITE

MALES

Parrote

>>"the future of literanture is large focus on the representation of minorities in literature"

Why?

Publish with a pseudonym that's ambigious

The legality of this is questionable and /will/ get you blackballed.

>the future of literature is [...]
This is when you stop reading the article/essay.

Nah

It's some next level shit.

There are 4 types of books being written at any given time.

Books that are popular with the public
Books that are popular with contemporary critics
Books that will be popular with future critics
Books that will never be popular.

Patterson and Picault are examples of the first
Beatty and Zadie Smith are representative of the second.

I cannot wait to read the third in 40 years if I am still alive.

I don't mean something like:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Derrick_Hudson
>poem was rejected 40 times under his own name, but accepted by Praire Schooner and was considered for inclusion in the 2015 edition of the Best American Poetry anthology series when he published it under the name "Yi-Fen Chou"

The incident alone reveals some real interesting things about the nature of lit selection, but that's just the way things are...

Simply select a name that's gender neutral

>I cannot wait to read the third in 40 years if I am still alive.

this. i am mainly interested in staying alive to see the future's retrospective understanding of my own time.

>tfw minority
>inbox is always cluttered up wi unsolicited messages from literary agents and publishers begging me to write something, anything

The grass isn't greener on the other side, lads.

lmao

Isn't it obvious? The goal is to make white men as irrelevant as possible.

write whatever the fuck you want OP, there is a market of at least 1.4 billion+ people outside of the west who don't give a flying fuck about cultural appropriation and indeed may even despise you for worrying so much about it

Popular literature used to be good though, like Dickens and Shakespeare

I like you Jason-poster

You jest OP. Even people going for hard eugenics and autocratic city states like Nick "Really makes you think" Land will always have a place to speak, as long as there is something for the capital to gain from that. As soon as social justice becomes too much of an economic burden, it's going down as fast as it has risen.

is there a lit equivalent to home movies

I have lots of problems with what you wrote.

Shakespeare is a bad example because his plays were popular, not as literature but as performed, and it wasnt for many years that he was given honors as literature.

Dickens WAS a popular author, and in my opinion, except for A Christmas Carol, a writer of long winded garbage that does not stand up to criticism except for small set pieces, like the end of A Tale of Two Cities or the introduction of Miss Havisham.

Finally, if you look at any given year of a "classic novel" using publishers weekly from the late 19th and early 20th century, you see piles of sentimentalist shit. FOr instance, consider 1961, year of Great Expectations.

Mary Elizabeth Braddon
The Black Band
The Octoroon
Frances Browne – My Share of the World
Charles Dickens – Great Expectations
Fyodor Dostoevsky – Humiliated and Insulted (Унижeнныe и ocкopблённыe, Unizhennye i oskorblyonye)
George Eliot – Silas Marner
Harriet Ann Jacobs – Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
Josip Jurčič – Pripovedka o beli kači (The Tale of the White Snake)
Balduin Möllhausen – Die Halbindianer (The Halfbreeds)
Charles Reade – The Cloister and the Hearth
Seeley Regester (Metta Victoria Fuller Victor) – Maum Guinea, and Her Plantation "Children", or, Holiday-week on a Louisiana Estate: a Slave Romance[3]
George Sand – Consuelo
Walter Chalmers Smith – The Bishop's Walk
William Makepeace Thackeray – The Adventures of Philip
Anthony Trollope
Framley Parsonage (book form)
Orley Farm (publication commences)
George J. Whyte-Melville – Market Harborough
Mrs Henry Wood – East Lynne
Charlotte M. Yonge – The Young Step-Mother

What is funny, and unexpected, is that even then there are plenty of "focus on the representation of minorities in literature", ie novels extolling the trials of women and blacks, even in 1861. I guess there will always be a market for the sob story of a nigger

*1861 Best Sellers

you're just using this as an excuse for your failure