Why are women looked down upon by agents while white men are praised...

Why are women looked down upon by agents while white men are praised? Should I just take a male penname for querying and if I make it, use my real one?

Other urls found in this thread:

jezebel.com/homme-de-plume-what-i-learned-sending-my-novel-out-und-1720637627
timesofisrael.com/shakespeares-works-written-by-jewish-woman-book-claims/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think in sci-fi going trans might be a smart business move.

Lazy bait bro

When your writing is so shit you don't ever get an email back acknowledging your submission. Despite being a brown 3rd worlder.

Where is this unfair advantage I am supposed to have when dealing with large western publishers?

I'm writing YA.
It's not bait.

jezebel.com/homme-de-plume-what-i-learned-sending-my-novel-out-und-1720637627

Why is your first instinct "I'm discriminated against" instead of "I'm probably mediocre"

Readers are sexist, not the agents.

What's your weight and where do you live?
If the answers are under 70kg and Australia, you can be my qt patrician gf if you want

social conditioning

Readers are also MORE sexist the younger they get, because muh equality hasn't been beaten into them and boys won't read books by women.

There's a reason Potter was written by J.K. Rowling, that's a name where the gender of the author is not at all obvious.

Again, it's not the agent, it's the audience that's sexist, the agent just sells what the audience wants, and that's male writers. Anybody that has looked into this issue and hasn't been completely brainwashed by /pol/ knows the truth of this. At the same time, it's not a societal thing either, society makes the boys less sexist over time, boys are just born little sexists. The Agents just are there to give boys what they want.

The more likely scenerio is that OP is mediocre by far, the overwhelming majority of writers are rejects male or female. Still since women are discriminated against in writing, especially with younger audiences, she has that excuse to make herself feel better about her own failure.

There is literally nothing wrong with sexism and boys don't read women for good reason: they cannot and do not write as well as men on all but exceedingly feminine topics, and even then only an a general rule

Shakespeare, the greatest English Author of all time, was a Jewish Woman.

timesofisrael.com/shakespeares-works-written-by-jewish-woman-book-claims/

>timesofisrael.com

Counterpoint: women write as well as men but no one gives a shit about an author's gender. I read a bit as a kid and never thought about an author's identity. OP is a hack writer and protects her ego by hiding behind "discrimination."

That's wrong, I am a man and I never read books written by women.

I'm not mediocre. Anyway, read the article.

Have you ever considered that you might just be so shit that your entire gender is being held down due to the intense sexism caused by women being associated with your horrible writing?

I don't understand why people are insulting me and calling me a hack when I haven't even queried agents before.

It just makes no sense to me that agents that are after diversity and riding the LGBT and mental illness train want more John Greens instead of actual diverse writers.

Contact a Western publisher

You're only diverse as a woman if you're also a minority, white women also need to step aside for the sake of diversity and intersectionalism, they've just been bamboozled into thinking diversity is about their interests.

>Agents riding the LGBT and mental illness train

No bisexual schizophrenics are just simply better writers, it has nothing to do with diversity.

I am a minority as well, but that probably won't help because they want John Greens writing YA. Female authors just don't have fanbases like male ones too. Are popular female authors ugly? idgi

Become trans and then you become more diverse and a male author.

Tell school districts they need to start teaching your book because the racism and sexism in society needs to be torn down with affirmative action.

Yes john green is to them the dream man.
Everything gains value if it is by someone you love. They feel like he is talking to them.
There are to little boys reading ya, no market.

Girls follow other girls though. I'm not understanding what a woman would need to do to get a John Green like fanbase.

>Learned helplessness

If tony Morrison can do it then anyone can. Quit making excuses-especially about things you can't control.

Fucking cut it out with forcing terrible 'diverse' books on liberal high schools. If I have to read another 'zeitoun' or 'The Chosen' level book I'm going to fucking vote Trump.

one woman vs tons of white men
hmmm

If you're a person of color and a woman and you still can't get published it means you're not a good writer.

I mean, women have been taking male pennames for centuries.

>not voting trump a priori

We have to make infinite jest world real, user. We're heading towards it but you gotta make your part

Inauthentic pennant

u should probably start taking t pills and give up being woman

Yeah but she did it without any talent whatsoever.

I have never queried a book before. I don't think being a minority woman would help though.
She is talented.