How the fuck do I cook this?

How the fuck do I cook this?

that's a weird looking hat

slice it in half, scoop out the seeds, put it in the oven cut side up at 375f with a bit of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until tender.

you don't, it's meant to be eaten raw
how is this not obvious

looks like a squash. peel it, chop it into cubes and roast. it might be hollow with a bunch of seeds inside. if so, take all the seeds and shit out of the hollow part

Good ideas, guys. Fuck, I love this board.
How do I eat the seeds?

coat them with about an inch of oil, put them on a baking sheet, put them in the oven for about half an hour or so, add salt about fifteen minutes in
they get all golden and delicious, they're wonderful

i don't know what this guy means by an inch of oil
but just put enough oil and toss so they're all oily
not an inch deep

make sure you rinse thoroughly though the shit around the seeds is way gross and not like the meat of the squash. you want to rinse and do a good job patting them dry with paper towers then

toss in a dish with oil and salt until coated bake around 375? until brown and let cool

Why can't I fry them?

Every vegetable soup:
Cut the meat into small pieces
Boil it untill tender
Add cream and cheese and whatever and blend

How do you know what times to add which so nothing is too soggy? Does too soggy actually exist?

If a fork goes trough the vegetable with zero effort its overcooked. You want to stop a bit earlier.
Its always possible to cook it more after blending since its a soup.

>dad always puts silicone cooking spray on squash before roasting
Stupid breeder doesn't understand silicone is only for butts.

>overcooked
But what does this mean? What if I like that texture? Is this a matter of nutrition, or a matter of preference?

i dont know why not but it just seems wrong idk lol uneven cooking? also the outsides would probably burn before the inside is done?

Lol. I thought that was some kinda giant burger with a powerade glaze.

Why did you buy something you had no idea how to cook? Couldn't even just look at a recipe first?

pretty much this

chunk it and fry it in a wok with a lid.

Cook it in the microwave until it explodes, then don't cook the next one for quite as long.

>about an inch of oil
Are you sure about that, user?

What? No, that is Jack-o'-lantern fruit.