Have you ever wondered what it is like to kill a someone?

Have you ever wondered what it is like to kill a someone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I used to wonder, but no longer.

What was it like when you killed them?

I have wondered whether I'd deal with it or be driven insane with guilt.

I'm pretty sure that everyone has at some point or another.

I actually used to think that killing someone wouldn't be that big of a deal, since I'm used to watching it in movies and reading about it in books. However, after reading the part where Raskolnikov murders that old lady and her daughter, it made me think twice.

Sister, not daughter

Nope. The guilt would break me very soon thereafter.

I actually think about it all the time, not in an edgy angsty way, or in Raskolnikov's pseudo-philosophical way. It's just an irrational fantasy that i know i would never do, and would be disgusted and horrified if i ever did, but that does little to stop me from wanting to.

Sure I have. But desu I can only kill insects guilt free. And fish.

Um, mother, not sister.

No; I went ahead and did it. You can wonder about it all you want, nothing is going to prepare you, to soften that keen moment of pure focus when you teleport behind him.

Just play video games. Soldiers with combat experience have reported that realistic FPS games mirror the sensation of killing in actual war.

Raskolnikov was more terrified of being caught than he was guilty that he killed them.

Yes, that's why he turned himself in at the end...

Thanks for spoiling it.

>1866 + 151
>hasn't already read crime and punishment
>on Veeky Forums

Hahhahahahahahahhahahahhah fucking autist

I said it ironically you brainlet. Rodya kills himself at the end.

>damage kontryol

When I'm mad at someone I imagine bashing their head with a blunt object. It helps a little.

>Rodya kills himself at the end
Then why isn't it called Crime and Suicide?
Then why isn't it called Crime and Relief, or Crime and Catharsis (which would be alliterative if didn't notice)

Read more Dostoyevsky you autistic sounding spastic

>Crime and Suicide
>Notes from Underground
>Brothers K
I've read Dost, and I'm asking legitimate questions.

The punishment is his state of mind throughout the book. When Rodya denounces god and severs his wrists and jumps into the ice cold river that just to end his mental burden. Hence the name Crime and Punishment.

Reminds me of RO2. Walking around your agonizing comrades crying for their mom really hits you.

youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio

I sometimes have edgy days when I think yeah maybe I could do it then feel no guilt, then I remember the intense guilt I feel if I'm slightly rude to somebody and think nah, actually nah

I'm afraid that I'd feel more fear of getting caught than guilt or remorse.

Some say that Nietzsche read C&P, if the story of him hugging the horse is real, do you think that he did it thinking of Raskolnikov's dream?

I doubt there's anyone who hasn't wondered what it's like to kill someone.

One-upping that, I presume a substantial portion of the population would, given no reprecussions, kill someone at the drop of a hat. We live in a society where there's sociopaths and generally evil people who abuse other people all the time. Most of the victims would get even if they could do it, win, and not get caught.

This is not the kind of murder Crime and Puinishment tells about though. Raskalnikov was simply mentally ill.

Did you actually read it?

I kind of have a fetish for it but I could never put it into reality because I could never get the actual act to correspond to the aesthetics of my fetish.

O shit dog, thats heavy

This is cheap in a sense, soldiers with combat experience have been in real, life-or-death combat situations and possibly actually shot someone.

Even if a game mirrors the experience, it's still artificial and removed, like a movie as compared to seeing a real dead person. It's not real.

Even 'real' experiences can be removed. I remember watching the educational (university) autopsy videos that were floating around the internet a couple of years back. I could watch those, but I doubt I could do an autoppsy myself,

His mental illness was called being poor, if I recall correctly.

>being this american

he didn't kill for money you absolute fucking pleb

What is the first commandment of the Old Testament, Moses era?

Any Catholics or Jewish peoples want to chip in here? I'm having a hard time remembering.

Every day

I am the Lord God/thou shalt have no other gods before me

That's not how I remember it.

all the time. the only way i get to sleep is if i think about killing people , its in a fantasy medieval scenario but at this point its just the repetition of the thought that helps me drift off.
i've also often thought that i wont ever fully appreciate life until i scrub out someone elses. but then again i do laugh at videos of people dying which is kinda unfortunate because all of this does make me sound like some twisted fedora wearing edglelord

usually scenarios loosely strung by survival.
otherwise, no.

Cool, thanks.

He only made 10 so it's only the first one that's important right?

Well maybe you should stick to simpler books.
You don't remember his great man theory?

Poor people come up with all kinds of bullshit. Maybe you should stick to simpler books if you can't even discern a basic plot point.

Not him but it's pretty apparent that Big D wasn't writing a fucking cops and robbers story.

He doesn't even keep the money...

Yes, and?
So what? People just sit around and one day are like "Hey, I should kill someone. It would be totally cool.What could possibly go wrong?"

In any case, that is hardly an object of philosophical speculation, just a plainly stated plot point.

This is good b8. Unironically though people feel guilty about much less serious offenses than murder. We're social creatures and that's in our nature. If you think potential legal repercussions are what keep people from murdering others you're the mentally ill one, not R.

>So what? People just sit around and one day are like "Hey, I should kill someone. It would be totally cool.What could possibly go wrong?"

Mentally ill people, yes

Wait, what exactly is your contention?
>Raskalnikov was simply mentally ill.
>Poor people come up with all kinds of bullshit
Are you suggesting that Raskalnikov was mentally ill because he was poor? Or that he was poor because he was mentally ill?

The only "mental illness" experienced by Raskalnikov is the anxiety he feels over whether or not he'll be caught. He was perfectly sane and cautious at the time of the murder. It was only after the murder (and the onset of anxiety) that he started to be careless.

The great man theory is correct and I don't see why you're dismissing it.

>The only "mental illness" experienced by Raskalnikov is the anxiety he feels over whether or not he'll be caught.

You're forgetting his clinical autism.

>The great man theory is correct and I don't see why you're dismissing it.

Well did you read the book?

What's the case for R having autism? Not that user but curious.

Uhh literally killing someone to test some abstract theory?

There are degrees of killing, it's not the same to kill in self defense, war, from piloting a drone from a base kilometers away or stabbing someone to rob them.

I personally think that over the years people (particularly men) have developed a culture over killing in war, so the feelings aren't really about guilt, unless you did it in some extremely specific circumstance, like that video of a WW2 Veteran that had PSTD over killing a German boy. I think most traumatic and guilty experiences develop in actually seeing face to face who you are murdering or if you have some personal experience with them.

I wouldn't develop that big of a trauma if I had to kill people that are hundreds of meters away because I pulled the trigger of a tank's gun, but if I had to kill my father figure with a knife a la Brutus I would never be the same.

Maybe we should narrow the question.

>read 3 books one time
>now here are my opinions

not yet

That's not why he kills her.

who /porfiry/ here?

It's exactly why he kills her. He wants to prove to himself that he is a great man. Read the fucking book.

Now I'm having dangerous thoughts, thinking about how I used to picture the first time of sex. I've had that, now my mind is making an arbitrary rule that my next step is killing. DOn't report me to the FBI

I should have listened to the earlier user who said your first post was bait.

not an argument

I use to think killing someone wouldn't make me lose it or anything and it wouldn't affect me emotionally too much, but then
>Saw a women get nearly beat to death in a parking lot
>Saw a kid have an insane seizure and I had to help him
Both of those things made my heart race and I honestly trembled like a bitch, so I guess it would fuck me up if I killed someone. It was really shocking how I was so use to seeing gore on the internet that never phased me, but when one person has a seizure in person, I finally get worked up. Seeing people suffer in person is very different then seeing it through a screen.

wrong, idiot.

The real question is who did Dusty kill to write this book

I feel like reading Jack Henry Abbott's description of stabbing someone answered that question for me, or told me as much as I want to know on that subject.

>Here is how it is. You are both alone in his cell.

Etc. If anyone wants to google it. It's not particularly awful, but reading it, I feel like it lets me know what it is like to kill a someone.

Someone posted a webm of a guy whipping a dog that had been rigged up to drag a little cart. He did this on a public street, with incredible brutality. Immediately made me think of the scene in C&P. Quite likely that Dos did witness a scene like that.

>tfw no Razumikin bro

You've just read the Wikipedia summary right?

>Are you suggesting that Raskolnikov was mentally ill because he was poor? Or that he was poor because he was mentally ill?
Neither.
>He was perfectly sane and cautious at the time of the murder.
I agree.
My contention goes something like this:
>not be poor
>never consider killing anyone seriously
vs.
>be poor
>want to kill someone
>"But it is bad!"
>come up with justifications
Something like that.

In any case as I said this is just a factual plot point and not an object of speculation.

>legal repercussions are NOT what keep people from murdering others
I'd like to see you go to India or the Middle East as a half-attractive woman you fucking mongoloid.

>The great man theory is correct and I don't see why you're dismissing it.
It's "correct" but Razzy was wrong in thinking that he could just kill someone and transition smoothly into it. He was an academic who disregarded all the emotional turmoil and disconnection with society it would have on him.

Nono Razzy isn't a great man, he is a vermin that needs opium in the form of religion

So how much land have you conquered?

I am a vermin too

It's no more than killing an animal, such as a dog

>India
>Middle East
Yeah, people are just inherently evil. Just look at how it has nothing to do with being poor. Pampered middle class people would totally start murdering people left and right if you just leave them alone.

Not mention middle class americans have a higher IQ and better impulse control.

>inb4 "get out racist"

Underrated

This.

I felt guilty for weeks for turning someone I didn't like down.

I can't fucking imagine the terror I would feel upon murdering someone.

No less either.

Of course, no one is happy about putting down their dog

Some people might be happy with it. History is blind absurdity.

I'd love to kill someone, especially a young white girl in a sexually motivated murder

one day I'll do it, I'll slit the fucking throat of a young fucking slut, and wont stop cuttig and hacking until the bitches head comes right off. I'd make a recording of not ony the gurgling, crying, whimpering, and pathetic begging as I put her down like a fucking dog, but the hours and hours and days beforehand made up of violent rapes, torture, stabbing, burning, confinement, bondage, and general wanton brutality on the worthless piece of fuckmeat

nothing seems hotter to me than completely destroying something so beautiful, for no other reason than my own single orgasm. snuff out her fucking life for nothing at all really. that's just how worthless these fucking whores are.

say hi to the fbi watch list

Does killing myself count? Because if so I've wondered about it for at leasr 10 years now and I've realised every possible outcome.

1.You are mistaking IQ for education.
2.Intelligence and morality are unrelated.
3.Emotional regulation is positively correlated with education.
4. A middle class person with basic education and poorer than average impulse control is unlikely to ever commit a serious crime.

>implying without the law class and wealth aren't based on brute strength
The pampered middle class people would be raped and killed by the poor, yeah. If you think poor won't start raiding and robbing the fuck out of the rich if there are no laws you're a fucking retard. The rich will either defend themselves by killing the poor, i.e. murder people, or put them in a prison, i.e. set up a legal system.
IQ and impulse control matters jack shit when people are lining up to raid your home you fucking mongoloid.

>source: my ass

I was basically agreeing with you but for different reasons, you fucking mongoloid.

>If you think potential legal repercussions are what keep people from murdering others you're the mentally ill one, not R.
Huh?

You're unintelligent.

>implying without the law class and wealth aren't based on brute strength
Law is based on brute strengh to begin with. You post just further demontrates this.

at first i start shaking, and then i was like HOLY SHIT, then i just giggled incessantly. after a few days, you question was it worth it and they haunt you

>tfw you can never be a real man without taking a life
>tfw you can never legally take a life except in service of the interests of israel these days
>tfw no commie bff to stab in the back of the head 30 times in self-defense

you have got to be the stupidest fuck on the planet. the only people more stupid are the retards that believe your horse shit

If law is based on brute strength, there is no need for laws because the ruling class would be the physical strong ones. Only when the ruling class are the physically weak ones would there be a need for laws.

Move to Swaziland and see how safe you are there you fucking negroid

And how do they enforce laws, genius?

>implying the police are the ruling party of our society
By designating slaves to watch themselves.

What are you going on about?

The physical strength of the individual is impotent versus the collective will of the majority. It's not the physically weak who would suffer in a lawless society, it's those who fall outside of the "norm" aka robots.