Al/ck/oholics Anonymous

Redditor alcohol aficionados belong on Reddit Edition

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HIrKSqb4H4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How does one detect a redditor alcohol aficionado via text only?

Oh, you'll know.

Ask him what his favorite IPA is?

I drink alcohol to get drunk

Coke doesn't do anything and it's fucking horrible for you, doesn't even taste good either

Back to the bottle for me. I just came to terms with the fact that I am not who my crush wants. She wants her best friend, and I can see that in how she talks about him. She tried to spare me from the jealousy and heartbreak, but in the end it was kinder of her to let me know. Still, the month or so that we were together was the happiest month of my life. My depression disappeared entirely, I legitimately looked forward to waking up, and I even stopped drinking. Now I am right back where I started, with my lips alternating between the throat of a vodka bottle and the barrel of a loaded gun.

they seized my fucking rifle

A little bit of carbs is needed to process the alcohol or you end up with asian flush symptoms.

>end up with asian flush symptoms
what's wrong with that exactly?

How old are you, 20? Dont ever let a woman do that to you. Falling in love with them is a young man's mistake.

red face, hot flashes, hard to breathe, sweaty

Why the fuck would you walk around drunk with a BB gun in the first place? Especially in yurop with all Muslim hijinks.

that's how you react if you don't drink coke with alcohol?

maybe it's cause you're fat from all that coke

Drink Coke Zero or something retard. If you're going to be drinking alcohol to get drunk it's not going to impede that and also means you can buy cheaper stuff and down more of it over the same period. If you're downing spirits 24/7 without some sugar to break up the alcohol you'll not only fuck yourself even harder, you'll find it tough to get them down as early as the second day.

i SIP but i DONT GRIP because I HAVE NO GRIP ON LIFE ANYMORE

not what i said, at all. i didnt say you had to drink coke with alcohol, merely pointing out that carbs arent something to avoid while imbibing alcohol. most of the sugar in the coke goes to breaking down the ethanol.

>Help me drink booze 24/7
>Eww no Coke, that's bad for you
What the fuck?

see:

Coke Zero has no calories. It's obviously not a health food due to whatever the fuck else goes into it but it's not going to make you fat as a mixer.

>respond to post
>links me back to same post

Yeah okay

23, yeah. I knew falling in love was going to hurt me in the long run, but I underestimated the effect it had on me while things were good. I always thought I'd be stuck with my depression, but for it to dissipate so quickly was intoxicating and it amplified the inevitable heartbreak when I lost the feeling.

cause you obviously need to read it again

sure, i can understand what youre saying. learn your lesson and move on though.

alcohol

Get back at her and fuck one of her friends. It always helps me get over women to know that they hate me.

You need to get your fucking logic checked. You want to drink booze 24/7, which is remarkably unhealthy, yet you're worried about Coke. You sound like a fucking retard.

I know, and I will. It isn't like I actively seek out relationships anywaye. Was just a rare thing.

Her friends are an odd mix between /r9k/ and /d/. That's just dangerous.

>you do something unhealthy so you're not allowed to be concerned about your health

I drink booze all day everyday because I have an addiction to alcohol and I enjoy the effects of it.

I don't wake up and eat a 20 piece bucket of KFC every morning, but apparently I should?

Can someone explain to me exactly how this thread is Veeky Forums related? All the posts are from people wallowing in self hatred and regret, with almost no posts about actual alcohol and drinks, and how they taste.

it's barely Veeky Forums related

seems the mods just tolerate it/don't care

Nah, can't be bothered. Plenty of other threads for you though.

Nobody owes you an explanation, or cares what you want.

>he drinks alcohol for the taste

Go back to Plebbit you fucking queer.

But I never even stated what I want. What I want is for things to be on-topic and for the shitposters to go back to their containment boards.

Maybe one day you'll finally become a janitor and someone will actually give a fuck what you want for once in your miserable life.

Seems to me like the only miserable lives in this thread are the ones posting about their miserable lives.

I like you

And nobody cares what it is.
90% of kitchen staff are alcoholic drug addicts, that’s why this started on Veeky Forums, now sod off with the passive aggressive crap. Hide the threads.

>zero calories soda as a mixer is the same as a bucket of chicken

That hyperbole. You're either a woman or a think. No way you're a man.

i want my rifle back

The fucking OP specified you weren't allowed in here.

>Al/ck/ has been a long standing staple of this board due to cooks and board culture
>He wants the longstanding posters to leave to their "containment boards"

Fuck off back to where you came from, queer

get a grip and use a consistent title so I can block you fucking idiots shitting up this board

I can't fucking sleep.

I'm trying to stay sober about 12 more hours so i can drive to see my mom for the first time in months, Despite living 17 miles apart.

Been trying since 11pm, Now 5am and I've yet to get 1 wink of sleep.

How do sober people sleep? I haven't slept a night sober in 7 years

You must be new here. This thread has been around on this board since it was created. Fuck off back to Plebbit.

Did Obummer take it? Go buy another one

>The last 4 out of 5 threads have used this title
>This tourist is demanding consistency

Dumb faggot. block yourself

Hm, yeah, maybe people were posting about drinks instead of their problems.

You need to get tired or tiredish. Exercise is key. Benadryl helps you fall asleep. On days where im still reeling from a bender I like to walk a few miles or bike a few miles. Anything to help get you tired.

>he thinks alcoholics are happy people

Hue Hue Hue

They're right though. This is better suited to /r9k/ than Veeky Forums.

It's part of the board culture. Cut it off and it spills everywhere.
What's with all the resistance in this thread? Is it cause it insults all the redditors that have come to Veeky Forums and they feel offended?

They enter the thread expecting discussion about the hip new liquors and IPAs and instead get bitter drunks and alcoholics trying to get sober. So they complain and try to get what THEY wanted.

>resistance
from alcoholics
hmmm....

anyone go to large protests or community gatherings with fight juice? i like being around people and outside

You're that same faggot that was bitching about drinking coke.
Stop saying "Hmmm", redditor. It doesn't make you seem clever, it just makes you look like a douche.

>tfw you'll never be a 19 year old NEET playing GTA SA until the early hours of the morning ever again

I spent so many hours on that and Unreal Tournament 2K14.

>he drinks fight juice instead of riot punch

not same poster, but thanks for the laugh at how angry such a simple post got you

Yeah, take the high road on your way out.

truth

>9693920
But then you have to have a party to invite the girl? What if you have no friends and no party, that'll be weird to invite her alone and have dozen of bottles each on the table...

Alcoholic thread, not alcohol thread.
Many in the industry are alcoholics. Also board tradition.
If you're unhappy about it, make a filter to hide the threads. Click "settings" on top right of page.

You're better at expressing my thoughts about this than me.

He talked about gendarmerie, he's not American.

vodka+water

>All the reddit butthurt in this thread

>vodka+water
this

plus you can add a bit of lime or strong cordial even

Thinking of getting a flask but it would be a step toward admitting I have a problem. I'd go for a water bottle and vodka, but I prefer the novelty of a flask. It isn't illegal to be drunk in public here, so it isn't like it matters in that regard.

>actually fighting on fight juice
me but only for the first 11 seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=HIrKSqb4H4A

>isn't illegal
where from?

Vermont. Public intoxication was decriminalized in 1978. Burlington has its own policies and often abuses the whole "for your protection" and "disturbance" thing, but it's Burlington. No one respects Burlington.

I'm always drunk in public and it's illegal here, I'm not blatant with the drinking though

Usually I'll use a waterbottle, something to conceal the liquid or drink in a public bathroom

Illegal here too. Coppers don’t give a shit. Alchies are absolutely everywhere in the uk

I want my brain to stop developing so that I can drink more

what riot is this from?

Just a normal weekend in any town in the uk.
Not exaggerating either, ask any Brit.

fuck it
I bringe drank from 17-21 and I'm fine

Love my new pukepisspot apparatus. I’ve further upgraded. The 2x3L jugs were filling too quickly, so I’ve now acquired a 33L bucket into which I can empty those. Toying with the idea of installing a water pump so it’s automatically emptied out of a window, or using an old chest freezer to store 33L lumps of assorted alchie effluvia for disposal when convenient. Kinda tempted to drag them outside at night, and build a piss igloo from the frozen bricks... because why not. The local homeless bunch will love it

>used to drink twice a week for 6 years
>started doing intermittent fasting
>now only drinking once a month, sometimes even skipping a month
Feels good, man.
I am drinking today and I don't even feel bad about it.

>too drunk and lazy to get up to go to the toilet
>installs dedicated indoor plumbing instead

>tfw have been binge drinking since the election
Fuck Drumpf man

Same man, what the fuck happened? It was #Her time! I can't stand this anymore!
>mfw people now laugh at me when I'm wearing my HillMissile-shirt in public

Get over her or at least don't be her friend/shoulder to cry on. Don't ever text her, if she texts you either ignore her or give very short vague responses. Be emotionally detached like this works on girls that try to friend zone you, then you finally hit it one more time and ignore them for real. Fuck roasties bro and GL.with your booze problem.

Oh wow, this heartburn is pretty damn sincere. I just curled over in pain because I swallowed some raisins. Legit felt like red hot blades flowing into me. Awesome! Fuck trying to eat like, ever again.
>changes pain-induced; sweat-drenched clothes

I get really bad acid reflux and its brutal, I can actually hear the acid bubbling in my esophagus

after binging on vodka for 4-5 days and saying fuck drinking is really hard for like the first week because my sleep gets totally fucked, on top of withdrawals and lack of sleep. learned exercise is key to getting back on track.
i get super anxious and little things spook me.

wow, twice a week?
youre hardcore bro

Just found this thread. I'm 30, shitty dead-end part-time job, I drink 1 to 2 packs of strong beer a day on average. Most of my days became unproductive and shitty. I try to fight the craving especially when I'm at work, but I'm not ashamed anymore to order alcohol on every lunch. The rest of the time I live at home, lost in my procrastination. I've been stucked in this mess for almost 6 months now.

drink a lot of milk or eat yogurt. It neutralizes the acid and helps with the heartburn.

just because you're alcoholics doesn't mean you have to be faggots as well

lol

this is a good one, also helps rebuild gut flora

Same bro except im 26 and work full time. This job is a dead end basically but can't afford not to work. Been drinking about a 750ml a day for the past 6 months. You're not alone but the answers you're looking for are probably not in this thread.

Can confirm, I live in Glasgow and sauchiehall street looks pretty much like that if not worst every weekend after 10

>worked a dead end job straight out of school
>realised it was going nowhere, so applied to uni when I was 21
>started uni at 22
>way older than everyone else, nothing in common
>drink alone at night because there is fuck all else to do
>zero social life
>course is pretty easy, get ok grades
>progress from 6 beers a day to a 70cl bottle of vodka / gin / whisky / whatever a day
>applied for a grad job at a small firm and got it
>starts september next year, I graduate in June
>tell myself I will quit the alcoholism between June and September
>will get myself in shape and really apply myself at work
It isn't going to happen is it

>drink a lot
>nothing in common
You couldn't find a bunch of other boozers at college?

same
>6 months
make that 2 years

I went along to a few parties but it was all high school tier drinking games, talking about sports, and trying to get laid. They went to the nightclubs really early and I fucking hate clubs. Too loud, queues massive, can't talk to anyone, I can't dance for shit, and drinks were really expensive.

I prefer to stay at home and stick a film on and slowly get smashed

>making your happiness this dependent on others
>fawning this hard over someone who probably doesnt think about you at all

how did you not get this out of your system at like age 6

if it has no calories it doesn't have carbs either

that anxiety is one of the THE most unpleasant things in the world

brb moving to Glasgow

if the booze is getting you through college then so be it, but when the time comes to transition to a career, you should visit a doctors office and talk with them about various alcoholism meds. i currently take naltrexone for cravings and it works very well.