A/ck/aholic general

Crippling Alcoholism General.

New thread, OP botched the last one by his first post

>missed another appointment because of your drinking edition

Other urls found in this thread:

legislature.mi.gov/(S(3l23et1ds5xo22ajofptfbur))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-436-1707
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>withdrawals because you're trying to turn your life around
I have an interview today and it is killing me. I need to drink.

I genuinely wonder what cashiers/waitresses/ retail workers think when they talk to someone at noon on a Monday and can smell alcohol on their breath.

if I cared I wouldnt be drinking at noon on a monday

went into bottleshop after 750ml of vodka at 10am last monday and bought another bottle

I barely remember going in, probably stumbled my way in and slurred every word

This. Went in the moment it opened, grabbed two bottles of vodka, left. I'm sure they realize by now that I'm a drunk. I get alcohol every other day.

Is there any law where you live that you can't sell drunk people more alcohol?

In the U.S. (at least my state), A cashier won't sell you alcohol if your already obviously drunk. The few exceptions to this are middle eastern owned liquor stores that don't give a fuck what you do and rarely even ask for ID

That isn't a law. It's a store policy. Just like how bartenders will cut you off in some places, but others won't.

Actually it is a law

legislature.mi.gov/(S(3l23et1ds5xo22ajofptfbur))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-436-1707

welp. Pussied out and the cider is on the go along with a morning coffee to level it out and feeling loads better already. Only problem is no more booze so I guess I have to go to the store. Oh well.. r.i.p the rest of the day. I'll drink to that.

What a nanny state.

I know I fucking hate this state.

You know to get a "small distillers" license you need a minimum of an extra 50grand of insurance on your property? Not counting the 2000 dollar permit

It's fucking absurd, It's like living in Utah.

Just do it in your garage, no one is going to find out

yeah there is

but they only use it for their discretion as a cover for something else i.e someone causing a disturbance etc

they dont give a fuck otherwise

>>working with heat and flammable vapors in a closed space
That's how people blow their house up, user.

You're right that nobody gives a shit unless you start attracting attention by selling it. But do it in your fucking backyard, not in an enclosed space.

OR just keep the garage door open a bit, you dingus.

I honestly considered it. But I can't go to jail again for something stupid, I'm too old.

All it would take is my neighbors calling the police on me for using air tools or playing loud music too late and BAM....On probation and having seizures because I can't drink. Not worth it.

It's crazy how easily people believe all the disinformation the ATF posts everywhere. Alcohol stills are actually pretty safe, Watch the mythbusters episode about them. Literally the only way they could get a still to "blow up" was to clog the worm and have alcohol spill on the open flame

It's laughable that anyone would even use an open flame in the year 2017, Let alone not notice the worm is clogged and pouring alcohol all over the top of the still...But mythbusters is a fake ass show anyway. They always to go extremes when shit doesn't work out the way they want it to and make good enough TV

"A bit" isn't very safe. Try "all the way open with a big fan running".

>vapors

There shouldn't be any vapor at all if you are using an alcohol still correctly, Or open flame.

So don't run air tools or loud music at the same time you have your still running. This isn't hard.

>>Alcohol stills are actually pretty safe,
I agree. But I also know never to underestimate the power of stupid people.

>>It's laughable that anyone would even use an open flame in the year 2017, Let alone not notice the worm is clogged and pouring alcohol all over the top of the still
You'd be surprised. I'll give you a real-world example of a still fire that I witnessed: buddy wanted to distill his own booze from bananas, so I loan him my still and we set 'about doing it. We're using an electric hotplate, no open flame. Buddy is supposed to be monitoring the thermometer in the column and gets distracted by his phone. Still boils over in a matter of seconds, splattering distillate everywhere. Instant fire. We got it under control fast and no harm was done, but it does illustrate how a brief distraction can cause an accident.

>>They always to go extremes when shit doesn't work out the way they want it to and make good enough TV
Clearly. I'm not sure how that's relevant though. It's still dumb for people to play around with heat and flammable vapors in an enclosed space.

>There shouldn't be any vapor at all if you are using an alcohol still correctly, Or open flame.
Of course.

But given how stupid most people are either, or both, can happen. That's why it makes sense to be safe. And an electric heater can still act as a source of ignition (sparks in the relay which turns the heater on and off).

Is it possible to go from 6-12 beers daily to just maybe on the weekends? Or is abstinence required to beat psychological addiction?

>Is it possible to go from 6-12 beers daily to just maybe on the weekends?
Yes.

>>Or is abstinence required to beat psychological addiction?
Depends on the person.

>distillers licence
lol

I peed the bed last Saturday night, haven't had a drink since. Love you guys.

I do this now. It's still bad and when friday comes around I feel like I need to make up for lost time. I was about the same. 6-12.

Makes monday suck real bad. I was exhausted but couldn't sleep because of anxiety and every time I dozed off i would burst back into reality gasping.

I need to quit, but I'm in a small town for job training and they would all see me going into AA or be suspicious if I quit drinking all of a sudden.

Do you think the rest of us distill legally? Keke

Woke up I bed with a shit ton of cans and a half eaten cookout tray. Shit.

You can distill with a hotplate or heating element with little to no risk. Also, a still doesn’t release vapour because all the alcohol that comes out of it is condensed. Also, you can ventilate a room.

is 375ml of vodka over 3-4 hours for a first timer a lot?

>tfw some asshole marine fucked up drinking for every military member in Japan for the indefinite future.

I made 1 week sober today. I've lost some weight already and I feel overall pretty good.

When you buy 70cl of spirits, just for how many days does it last for any you?

I am way too drunk for a Monday and I want to die, how is everoyne

lasted me two nights over this last weekend but I literally just started drinking.

>there are anons who posted in Veeky Forums‘s /alc/ threads who’ve died from alcoholism

Let’s have a moment of silence for those anons.

How bad is one 1.75L bottle a week of vodka. Sometimes it was the only thing that got me to sleep or to look forward to after work.

Not too bad but not too good.
Had to get a few cans of 4.2% beer to ease up the withdrawals after downing a liter of vodka between saturday night and monday morning.
At least I didn't do anything stupid while drunk.
Always scared I might message some old lady friend something dumb.

Ive been runnin my still on a propane gas ring like you would use for frying a turkey and have not had an accident. Just have to pay attention when youre doing cuts so you avoid overflow. I do run outside so I dont kill myself with carbon monoxide.

When in the thick of it: finished the same day with some beers thrown in.

When moderate: two days to half a week.

>Always scared I might message some old lady friend something dumb.

I feel you bro, was drinking around new friends today and went into a bit about my feelings with a lady m8

Not a wise move

I know our scenario is unhealthy but there's nothing to be done, the love of my life lives across an ocean

Not as bad as a full blown veteran alchy, but definitely potent enough to cause health issues. That's about how much I was drinking when I first got a kidney stone.

Everyone is different and I won't tell you what to do, but I'll let you know that it's pretty awful to have to walk back into the ER and explain in front of everyone that you are going into shock from pain and can't feel your hands so you need help with the suppository muscle relaxant.

I was lucky to avoid that this friday. We were left alone at the bar after our friends had left and before we went to meet up with her boyfriend.
There are no feelings like that between us at, we just trust each other with a lot of things, but it's easy to get confused.
At least I have more of a social life now then in a long time and I'm way less depressed than only a few months ago.
But the drinking has stayed and living a five minute walk from a store that is open until midnight everyday doesn't make things easier.

I should be able to do two or three weeks sober though. Done it before. Baby steps.

worried about what the guy at the bottle depot will think when he dumps out 6 60oz bottles in a row with some 2ls of coke thrown in
i put a milk carton and a can of ice tea in the bag though also some water bottles

>finish work, drink with work friends
>finish work, drink with work friends and strangers because want to drink
>finish work, just drink alone because fuck it, want to drink
>health issues
>get sober
>finish work, no drinks
>get new job
>finish new job, no drinks
>finish new job, no drinks with new friends
>finish job, drinks with friends
>finish job, just drink alone because seen how this goes, skipping even pretending to be social and just want to drink
Damn you habitual drinking

I buy a new SIM card every couple of years
if you're not in constant communication, you're gone

Had only 1 bottle of wine yesterday.
Zero day before
Going for zero today and for rest of week.
Wish me luck?

you can do it user

You got it, user.

Just try not to "reward" yourself on friday. I do this every week and always end up miserably sick and hungover on saturday, which leads to drinking that day and then a terrible taper on sunday.

the guy at the bottle depot really doesn't give a fuck

Thanks heaps anons.
I hopefully got this.

Still haven’t left my house. I’m not ready yet, idk why the anhedonia is so intense I’m still drinking as fast as I can.
Cold pizza and choking down 4lokos on purpose.
What’s up 4pm, let’s see how this goes.
How are y’all?

>There are no feelings like that between us

Makes life easier bro, my ex moved across the Atlantic 4 years ago and I'm still not over it

Every so often we'll have a moment and it'll rekindle everything

heck

Watching Christmas vacation pondering whether or not I should crack a few open

Alcoholism seems to help find 'pleasure' where there truly is none. That's why I'm an alcoholic, anyways.

I’m watching this “becoming Andy” thing with Jim Carrey on Netflix. It’s a doc about him really losing his shit while playing Andy Kaufman.
It’s kinda dark but dude I am enjoying it and it’s resonating a lot with my love of comedy.

Damn. Gotta see that. I wish I had Netflix. So much good shit on it now like vice principals and the new punisher series

Only have about 4 ounces of bourbon left. Trying to convince myself that I can make do with that just for tonight and I'll buy vodka tomorrow but I'm feeling the anxiety already. Wheee.

I actually got HBO just for Vice Principals and Silicon Valley. I don’t think that vice principals is actually on Netflix, though brah. All the Marvel Universe shit is amazing, though. Luke Cage got me pumped like nothing else.
Fuck, though. SV was so good. I’m really upset that TJ Miller decided to leave. I might rewatch, some of the more subtle “total fucking dick” moments in that show had me actually pause it to laugh.

HBO subscription through amazon prime is $15/mo.
Worth it, in my humble opinion especially considering I mooch someone else’s and we just split it now.

Dude as someone that’s fucked myself already if you can work up the nerve go get that vodka. You’ll be sweaty/ upset come nightfall. At least get some beer just in case you start to really hurt.

>HBO

You’re right. Idk why I thought VP was on Netflix.

Any other perks to having HBO? Do they let you watch the sopranos on demand or anything?

That, GOT, and I recently tore through The Wire (actually holds up to praise for the first few seasons, at least).
I’ll give the Sopranos a try soon, though.
As I said, I have it through amazon prime so everything is on demand. I actually do not have cable.

If you have an hbo subscription you can go on hbogo and watch all the series

>use water chaser mostly
>use same glass on bedside for almost a year
>pour 4loko in it so I can drink it faster
>feels like a sin
Anyone else just use the same shot glass/ cup for fucking forever? I’m not gonna die, I’m actually a little sad I have to wash my cup.

>drink
>fall asleep on couch
>wake up
>drink still in hand
>spill on laptop
>stops working
>have to dig out busted old laptop to shitpost

Alcohol is fucking ruining my life. This thing's screen doesn't work so I have it plugged into my tv and the fan revs like a chainsaw

I drink a liter of rum every day.

That's dedication to both booze and shitposting. Godspeed friend.

That reminds me of when my sister broke my laptop as a teen and hdmi was the only way it worked.
It has the majority of my torrenting dls on it and I’m too technologically inept to do that shit without fear anymore so the thing serves as a tb hard drive of every adult swim show/ tv show/ movie that I truly hold dear. I’ve called it “shit top” for years, as have friends.
>”go grab shit top bro”
It sounds like you’ve got a shit top, my friend. I still use mine every once in a while, it’s nostalgic.

About half a day.

Nah, I actively used a bunch of memory sticks to move shit off this heap and onto the new one. The only reason I kept it was becaue I was too lay to bin it

It's te MVP right now, but I'm going to be pissed if I can't fix my new one

Before some other asshole makes the joke, “put it in rice lemao”.

Someone already did on /r9k/

It works, but when the screen illuminates the fucking laptop dies and I can't for the life of me understand why.

Ah. I pretty much just treat mine as a huge thumb drive with a funny name, but to each their own. Glad you had a backup to come join us in the regularly scheduled misery, haha.

*i can't understand why

Fuck dude
I mean protocall is
>don’t try to turn it on
>take out battery
>actually leave in rice for as long as you’re able to
This prevents short circuiting (that’s why you NEVER try to turn wet electronics on).
That’s as helpful as I can possibly be.
And even that’s shit because you’ve already tried to turn it on.

>take out battery

Therein is the dilemma because the battery is not accssible

fuck the keyboard on this ancient PoS, which by the way is fucking nuclear explosion-tier hot

iktf

i spilled beer on my laptop and now a few of the keys don't work.

Luckily this is one of those stupid laptops that has the gimmicky touch screen so i can use that to type out shit.

I have a work PC but I leave it at the office for fear of breaking it.

>I have a work PC but I leave it at the office for fear of breaking it.

That makes no sense. If you don't keep it at home, how do you pretend to be sick but avoid taking sick days by periodically checking email

Haven't been into the office for thee consecutive days in almost a year

Anyone here tried this stuff?

>claims to be 36.25% Alc/Vol (72.5 proof)
>is $5 cheaper than 70 proof Admiral Nelson's

I think they're lying about the alcohol content. Last night was the second time I've downed a half a handle of this stuff in a six hour time span. There's no way I could do that with my usual Nelson. The handle also came with a pair of sunglasses.

One of the most beautiful parts of shit top was a Bluetooth mouse a tech savvy roommate put on it. We used the on screen keyboard SO FUCKING MUCH.
Sorry you have to touch the fucking thing.

Do they sell it in the EU? We can't lie about alcohol content, if they sell it here and it says 36.25 then that's what it is

Just forget it, it’s dead. I got so stressed breaking laptops and phones over the last two years. Trying to chase warranty/insurance/whatever is impossible if you’re properly ill because of booze. I haven’t broken any in a while, but I’ve gone through something like 5 phones and 4 laptops in 24 months. I bought a brand new thinkpad and sleep-pissed it to death within a week, and an iPhone 6s which I had something like 3 days before it stopped charging. I’ve got a cupboard full of dead tech that I’ve ruined because I’m always hopelessly smashed. I’ve got thousands worth of stuff to fix though should I ever sober up.

New job that I'm currently training for, so no room for that stuff yet.

I guess I'm what you would call "functional" to the outside world but I sure don't feel like it.

If I unscrew everything and remove the battery can it be salvaged?

I have stuff on there I need

Man I miss functional.

Ever since I started SSRIs I've been drinking every night instead of just nights when I wasn't working thenext day

Something is obviously rekt already. The longer the battery stays in, the more likely it is that more will become kil.

>Anyone else just use the same shot glass/ cup for fucking forever?
Yeah, but I broke it on Saturday, and to add insult to injury stepped on the shards and got to pull them out.
RIP favourite glass

poo

You might be able to retrieve some stuff from the hard drive if you take it out now then connect it to a different pc.

Man, fuck. I would feel bad for you, but you decided to spell favorite with that unnecessary “u”.
RIP in pieces your shot glass, bud. The holidays are coming around, either go pick a new chariot out right now or ask someone without shit taste for one.

Although holy fuck, about a month ago I got out of bed and stepped on an empty pint glass that was knocked over, I have NO IDEA how that didn’t turn into the bloodiest mess of my life. I remained unscathed and I have carpet so that would’ve made a day out of that fuck up.
Tybg^

>Anyone else just use the same shot glass/ cup for fucking forever?

yes but I'm pretty emotionless when it comes to replacing them

I'm in a cycle of just replacing like-for-like with 2L steins from amazon now

I have the same 2l stein on my nightstand too, but I use it as a trusty bile cup when dry heaving/wanna stay comfy. I know there will literally never be that much liquid in me.

>open 3rd 4loko
>notice higher abv than the first two
I feel betrayed, but things are looking up, dudes.

>4loko

why user?

im terrified of those and any other psych meds.

i already drink like shit, i really fear something like those or benzos would push me ovee the edge?

unrelated but does anyone else here have depersonalization/derealization? i fucking hate feeling this way

Just Japan? I was in Yoko when a couple Navy reservists raped a local in Okinawa and all of 7th Fleet was on curfew.

Have the shakes pretty bad today, I hate that shit.