So I made a huge batch of greek yogurt, and now have still a lot of greek yogurt and also a good amount of tzatziki

So I made a huge batch of greek yogurt, and now have still a lot of greek yogurt and also a good amount of tzatziki.

What should I make next, aside from more gyros?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just eat the yogurt

I mean sure, I can do that, but surely there's something more interesting I can make?

use it as a sub for anything that calls for sour cream? finished off a beef stroganoff with it the other day

more
gyros?

make chili, put Greek yogurt on top
bake generic "whitefish", put Greek yogurt on top

Tzatziki bread. Seriously. Fucking delectable. Courgette and tzatziki fritters. Potato salad, subbing mayo for yog or tzatziki. Spinach pie with either. Black eyed peas and tuna salad with veg of choice. Roast peppers, stuff with egg/cheese/tomato mixture, serve with tzatziki sauce. Aubergine boats/stuffed mushrooms - beef, tomatoes, garlic and onions served with a side of yog and mustard coated roast potatoes, and a tzatziki fondue dip.

>Tzatziki bread

Tzatziki *in* the bread? Like a flatbread (I think there's some Indian bread like that)?

not that guy
roti and (not in) raita?

oops I fucked up the order
roti is the bread, raita is the yogurt

No, no, proper loaf using tzatziki in the bread. Add courgette and it's out of this world. Also, consider making black garlic tzatziki if at all possible. Serious contender for the best thing I've ever eaten and 50% of the reason why eating that particular takeaway during my Greek holidays ruined takeaway for me here. It's been almost three years since I've ordered a delivery. There's hardly any point anymore.

> black garlic

In tzatziki? I always imagined it as being a bit like tamarind combined with burnt garlic, and I never really though of adding "dark" flavors to tzatziki before. What was it on?

Curry my nigga. Plenty of curry recipes call for Greek style yogurt.

Ranch:
>2 parts Greek Yogurt
>1 part good mayonnaise
>lotsa dill
>minced onion
>salt
>black pepper
>whatever else it's fucking ranch it's good

Taco/fajita/whatever spicy south-of-the-wall shit you could otherwise put sour cream on
>Greek yogurt
>Lime juice
>Chopped cilantro
>Salt
>lil bit of coriander
It's really good.

True, I could probably use that to thicken some curries instead of using coconut milk, at the very least.

On a separate note, I wonder if I could strain it again, then maybe emulsify an oil into it, to use in a cheesecake-like dessert?

Sounds bad. Instead when you use it to make curries put it in your meat marinade and then cook the meat on high heat, preferably grilled.

Ah, that makes sense.

I wonder if it would be good to marinade tempeh in it, then grill the tempeh on some skewers to go with curry...

Sure if you want giant man tits

tatziki is great for dipping fries in. also potato chips etc... I also imaging smothering some chicken in it and baking it would be good

> Worrying about phytoestrogens in soy but not mammal estrogens in yogurt

Do an indian dish with a yogurt marinade.

Because the mammal estrogens you consume don't react in your body the same way that phystoestrogens do when digested.

Op here

Will do indian dish with yogurt-marinaded, grilled meat/veggie next.

Pic related, last pita RIP

Greek yogurt in mashed potatoes is god tier.

Yeah, some of the phytoestrogens are anti-estrogenic in mammals whereas mammal estrogens are just straight estrogen. If anything, soy should be less likely than yogurt to give you moobs.

And yet it doesn't work that way in practice.

Funny how you're wrong.

!!

Definitely doing this for Thursday, I was going to do a roasted rudabaga and parsnip potato mash, I bet the yogurt would go well with the extra sweetness of the root vegetables

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
>The intervention data indicate that isoflavones do not exert feminizing effects on men at intake levels equal to and even considerably higher than are typical for Asian males.

At any rate, the whole question isn't very well applicable to tempeh because tempeh is fermented anyway which reduces isoflavone content, and grilling/cooking soy also reduces isoflavone content too, so the total amount isn't that high.