"Secret" benefits/side-effects of food

Which ones do you know, Veeky Forums?

>fish, meats, nuts, dark leafy greens are good against depression
>too much coffee makes you paranoid
>spicy foods are good against pain
>alcohol and softdrinks are 99,9% terrible, because they make you fat, are addictive and raise your anxiety
>milk and certain teas are good for sleep

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/health/alcohol-and-anxiety#overview1
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3976923/
helix.northwestern.edu/blog/2014/07/your-brain-capsaicin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nuts, fish, and soy will all give you beautiful skin

Also, peppers of any kind will prevent wrinkles

>alcohol and softdrinks are 99,9% terrible, because they make you fat, are addictive and raise your anxiety
Nigger wut?
You would need to drink a 6 pack of beer a day or a 2l of soda to get fat of it. The reason people get fat is cause they don't exercise.

>alcohol raises your anxiety
Then why do I always feel super relaxed when I have a beer at the end of a long day?

because you are gay faggot

>alcohol ... raise your anxiety
I thought alcohol was supposed to be good at steadying nerves? You know, dutch courage to ask the girl out and all that?

Prolonged veganism often leads to malnutrition & contrary to popular belief, actually raises the rate of Colon Cancers vs. those who eat a healthy, balanced, diet.

Um, maybe you're wrong? You know, like really wrong?

>Prolonged veganism often leads to malnutrition

My GF decided to be a vegan to fit in with her hipster doofus friends. She ended up in the hospital with an IV for iron deficiency after fainting & falling down several times.

She eats like a normal person now and is much healthier.

Diet is the major determinant of whether an average person is fat or not.

Will you stop typing like a 12 year old girl long enough to provide links? It's a common assumption, even the phrase "dutch courage" has been around for a long time

Not xir, but the jist of it is that it reduces stress and anxiety in the short term but can fuck it up in the long term.

>healthline.com/health/alcohol-and-anxiety#overview1

>milk is good for sleep
So you'll tirade about the fattening effect of alcohol but recommend people chug a glass of full fat milk before they go to bed as if it's not equally as caloric eh.

Why don't you bring up courage from the inside like a real man instead of drinking shit?

I bet you own guns for protection instead of using fists like a real man too lmao

Yes but neither alcohol nor soda have such a high caloric content that they will on their own throw off a diet. Sweets and high calorie foods have more of an effect then soda and alcohol ever will.

Interesting it's also a depressant, ironic when people have a drink when they feel down.

lol. I'm not even white or the poster you're talking to, but listening to some little liberal faggot try to talk tough unironically is good comedy.

>soda have such a high caloric content that they will on their own throw off a diet.

Highly dubious. Many fat people are drinking their calories and not realizing. Soda is the worst.

Alcohol has a very high caloric content. 7 cals/gram. It's nearly double that of carbs or protein. Sodas contain a lot of calories too, assuming we're talking about the normal sugar-laden type rather than "diet".

you seem to be confusing a CNS depressant with psychological depression. They have nothing to do with each other.

When someone talks about alcohol being "a depressant" they don't mean it makes people psychologically depressed. They mean it functions as a central nervous system depressant--i.e. it slows brain function, makes you tired, reduces anxiety, etc.

all depends on how much you're drinking. one drink or one can of pop a day is fine. but a lot of people don't limit themselves to one.

I know a lot of them, but I'm not sharing.

Sauerkraut will paint your bedroom in a warm earth tone.

Meat and dairy gives you heart disease and cancer

Kek veganism is safe as tits. Just take a miltivitamin if you're too lazy you track your micronutrients.

It's a nervous system depressant you dumfuck tween

This.
I told you about those natural oils man.
I told you.

>fake story
Your girlfriend is probably literally retarded. Iron is found in almost every plant. She was probably eating oreos and corn flakes every day. What a moron.

I have never believed things like this, don't know if I should

>Iron is found in almost every plant

>lacking nutritional knowledge
Fuck off back to /pol/ brainlet

You don't die

>but a lot of people don't limit themselves to one.
On a related note, most people who drink do so only a couple days a week.
Like I never drink the day before work, only on my Saturday, so when I do I usually drink 4-5 drinks.
A lot of people don't account for that, say by eat lower cal foods on days they will be drinking.

> Iron is found in almost every plant
In microscopic amounts.

>Needing to eat multiple cups of specific vegetables every day just to meet the minimum recommended amount of iron
Enjoy wolfing down 8 cups of broccoli

>he doesn't take a multivitamin

>My diet is so fucked up I have to take pills not to die
>But it's so healthY!!@

Millions of people take multivitamins that have an otherwise healthy diet. Everyone that doesn't live in the tropics should supplement Vitamin D

Yes but the point is those people don't NEED to take it, they just do because they're idiots.
Your ENTIRE DIET revolves around you relying on multivitamins because you can't get the necessary nutrients from your plant based garbage.

you have never believed science? Did you not go to school?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3976923/
Winston A, Hardwick E, Jaberi N. Neurosychiatric Effects of Caffeine. BJPsychi Advances. 2005.
Smith, A. Effects of Caffeine on Human Behavior. NCBI. 2002.
helix.northwestern.edu/blog/2014/07/your-brain-capsaicin

>7 cals/gram
That's 100% alcohol, though, not the standard 40%.

What makes you think they don't need it? Do you actually think vegans are the only ones who are keeping the vitamin industries afloat and that only vegans need vitamins?

>your entire diet revolves around it
Now you're just being obtuse because you have no argument, unless you sincerely believe VEGANS need to supplement Vitamin C

>plant based garbage
How fat are you?

The infographic isn't useful. Veganism isn't associated with common unhealthy dietary habits that contribute to heart disease, such as regularly binging on sugar or alcohol, or being obese as fuck. It's expected that people that watch what they eat closely enough to exclude dairy and eggs will have less heart disease. I bet super attentive calorie counters that eat whatever they want have pretty good heart disease rates too. Show real data or find some more interesting data to sell your pitch. 6/10 good use of greentext. implied implication. See me after class ;)

Fuck you! The only reason you are alive today is because of alcohol

I wonder what % of the population is vegan/vegetarian compared to meat eaters... Obviously these statistics are skewed

The average omnivore has 8 vitamin deficiencies.
The average vegan has 3.

The only thing you NEED to supplement is B12. But you're supplementing B12 through a meat-tube. Animals factory farmed today don't produce B12 due to sterile environments and processed feed.

>inb4 b-but i get all mine grass fed
If you're not paying 10x the price, it's not grass fed. 99% of animals are slaughtered in factory farms. Literally.

Its weird how carniecucks whine about what's natural while driving their car to the grocery store to get their food

>ur dumb because u can't get ur vitamins from food
>t. meatcucks

it's the day after, alcohol depletes you of GABA leaving you anxious afterwards

>soy
not even once

because alcohol is both causing and relieving your anxiety. its addiction 101

>I'm scared of 1000 year old food because some whacko nutjob talk shows told me to be afraid

LMAO, you know very well the term that describes you.

Also causes premature ageing

>all these alcoholics triggered
go back to your containment thread. Veeky Forums is milk-drinking country

Coffee doesn't make me paranoid, it makes me anxious and depressed.