Dinner

So I'm currently buying some ingredients for Chicken Adobo. What are you guys having for dinner?

there's no food left but flour and yeast so i am having bread
fuck you

So long as you have butter and jelly with it.

all i have in my house to make food with is bleached flour salt and yeast

do you think i have butter or jam
fuck you

Going to the store in a bit, going to make linguine with homemade tomato sauce and meatballs. My trick for very tender meatballs (besides handling the mixture gently so they aren't overworked) is adding some ricotta cheese to the mixture. Makes wonderfully tender meatballs.

Go stop in a fast food place that serves breakfast and steal some jelly and butter packets. Or any other condiments they have available.

i can't afford food
do you think i live somewhere where it is safe to walk to the fast food place
did you assume i have transportation
it's below freezing outside too
i want mcdonalds

If you're going to be an asshole about it, then fuck off. People are just trying to help you with suggestions.

Tell me more about your meatball recipe, pls.

Drumsticks? Also did you buy ginger and bay leaves?

Yep. Just added the white vinegar.

I know that feel. All I have is some oatmeal, rice and a can of corned beef. I never thought I'd ever get this poor.

If you're using vinegar then use a tea spoon of sugar, a cup of water and oyster sauce. You should have already added the soy sauce right?

It's just a basic good meatball recipe with a few tweaks.
>1 lb ground beef
>1 lb loose Italian sausage
>about 6 ounces ricotta cheese, you have to use your judgement on the amount
>1/2 cup or so grated parmesan or grana padano
>2-3 eggs, depending on size
>1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs (sometimes less or more depending on the consistency)
>finely minced onion (1 small onion, or 1/2 A large onion)
>several cloves garlic, finely minced or mashed into a paste
>oregano or basil
>parsley
>black pepper
>red pepper flakes
>salt to taste

Gently combine all the ingredients. If you try to use just the tips of your fingers, it will keep the mixture from being overworked. I also use a medium sized food scoop to make the meatballs uniform. I like to bake my meatballs, but you can pan fry them as well. Then I usually freeze some for later, and add the others to the sauce to finish before serving.

Cook that rice and use it to make a hash with the corned beef, add whatever complementary seasonings you might have. Or make corned beef patties and serve over the rice.

Yep just added oyster sauce.

Looks like something out of medieval times.

And it's done!

T-thanks user.

Overall 8/10 I love this dish. It's very savoury and has a lot of exotic blending favours. Anyone else know what other Filipino dishes I can make that's relatively easy and cheap to make?

Try making pancit. It's like a more stringy and veggie version of chow mein. All you really need are some greens and other such various vegetables with soy sauce, rice noodles, some type of meat (can be mince, poultry just not lamb and beef), sunflower oil, onions and garlic and you're set.

Potato, garlic and green bean soup. I'm not a vegan, I just want something hot and light.

Thanks! Going try this later this week on my day off.

About to make some spring rolls

T-Bone, roasted garlic and baked potato.

So, it's wish-sandwiches.
Two pieces of bread and wish you had something between them.

rice AND potato?
besides looks pretty good.

I have a rehearsal for jazz band this evening, so I’ll probably just get Checkers on the way home.

Not OP, but my parents also made adobo with potatoes in it. I like it.

I just took Mexican lasagna out of the oven and it's all for me