Who is literature's ultimate final boss?

Who is literature's ultimate final boss?
In my opinion:

>T.S. Eliot
or
>James Joyce

any one else?

Reporting in

The Bible.
'I am the Alpha and the Omega.'

Joyce isn't "difficult" if you ignore Finnegans Wake. For example Pynchon has him beat there.

Any book where you are reading intelligently and wisely and not because it's hard and therefore a highbrow consumerist product to boast about to your supposed friends.

>the novel
Willam H. Gass
>poetry
Ezra Pound
>short fiction
R.A. Lafferty
>genre fiction
Gene Wolfe
>history
Anatoly Fomenko

Bottom's Dream

How am I supposed to understand the genius of The Wasteland with someone beside me explaining every litte detail and refrence?

>with
without

Why, o why, must you post these scarcely clothed mademoiselles? Why is it necessary to start a thread with these fallen women, when I come here to forget about their lusty bodies and can focus on literature and writing. It bothers me that you are willing to pollute this board with their aphrodisiac figures, it does not serve any purpose other than disturbing my thoughts.

Is there a more recognizable quote out of a book?

'Let there be light'.
'Turn the other cheek'.
'To be or not to be'.
Then again I'm brazillian, maybe people hear different stuff elsewhere.

10/10

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.

It is possible I already had some presentiment of my future.

I am a sick man... I am an angry man. I am an unattractive man.

(I restricted myself to opening lines only, otherwise I'd be here for 5 hours)

>Attention grabbing?
also looking at girls is always pleasing even if this is just an image.

There's no final boss, if you come to an author and say "ah, this is it, the end of literature," then you're approach to reading is totally vain.

*should always be

>then you're approach to reading is totally vain.
>you're

spicy

each reader personally is the final boss of literature in that the only thing they have left to do is to create a masterpiece

(either that or kierkegaard)

The final boss is transcending the need for validation through consumption of high culture and just reading Japanese light novels for fun.

I am sick and tired of this. Every day I come to Veeky Forums, and every day there is at least one thread up with an OP image of an attractive woman dressed scantily and posing seductively. It's probably the same one or two people who do it honestly. Let me tell you something, you faggot pieces of shit who are doing this: you are the poster child for everything that is wrong in literature, art, and society as a whole today. You are incapable of coming up with anything creative, thought provoking, or of substance, and you lack even the smallest modicum of intelligence, so you use "style" and "flash" and pizazz in place of it and to draw attention to yourself, because that's the only way your SHIT "creation" and ideas would ever get seen by anyone. And before you say anything, this has NOTHING to do with the fact that I don't have a girlfriend. Anyway, I will be petitioning the owner of this website to ban your asses, so enjoy being able to post here while it lasts, because it's not going to last long, just like you that one time you convinced an obese girl to let you fuck her.

>if you just exclude the most difficult work the author wrote, then the author doesn't really count
you like to cheat in video games.

Calm down, virgin

You don't have to waste your precious big-brain energy on this board, you know. Maybe read a book sometime

>Gass
what in the hell is difficult about that perverse cottage cheese imp? his literature is incredibly simple. name one piece he wrote that is genuinely difficult to comprehend, nay, a sentence.

those are only recognizable by people who read...

these

pretty much any human being know it and where it is from, or at least has heard it

True, I just wanted an excuse to post some favourite quotes

Why? I really enjoyed some parts of it. The vast majority was so fucking boring and repetitive but not difficult.

There is no final boss after Finnegans Wake.

>I will be petitioning the owner of this website to ban your asses, so enjoy being able to post here while it lasts, because it's not going to last long, just like you that one time you convinced an obese girl to let you fuck her.
hurr durr
Henry Miller was a strange looking, frankly uggly looking guy and see how he was able to write bout women?

Read T.S. Eliots """""""""""poems""""""""" and tell me that is not at minimum as difficult as Joyce.
>also
Just because you "read" the book doesn't mean you understood it nor truly appreciated it.

Elliot a fucking crossword puzzle. Oh look, he took this from here and that from there. Wow!

>Just because you "read" the book doesn't mean you understood it nor truly appreciated it

Good to see 2deep4u is still a viable meme.

>Good to see 2deep4u is still a viable meme
Just cause I looked at a painting doesn't mean I understand it.
Not "2deep4u" but what differentiates Augenblickskunst from real ART

He's not the challenging kind of final boss. He's there for thematic purposes.

Pessoa is exit-level