What is the greatest line ever written about love?

What is the greatest line ever written about love?

To be or not to be, I have an erection.

>and then I told him that so far his has the biggest dick of all the men that I selected for sex; he was happy

Corinthians 13

The note, letter or text one passes to the other.

The magic comes from within the reader, not the script.

R&J, baby, I.ii 140-42

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."
This, also

Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins.

Let us say in passing, to be blind and to be loved, is in fact--on this earth where nothing is complete--one of the most strangely exquisite forms of happiness. To have continually at your side a woman, a girl, a sister, a charming being, who is there because you need her, and because she cannot do without you, to know you are indispensable to someone necessary to you, to be able at all times to measure her affection by the degree of the presence that she gives you, and to say to yourself: She dedicates all her time to me, because I possess her whole love; to see the thought if not the face; to be sure of the fidelity of one being in a total eclipse of the world; to imagine the rustling of her dress as the rustling of wings; to hear her moving to and fro, going out, coming in, talking, singing, to think that you are the cause of those steps, those words, that song; to show your personal attraction at every moment; to feel even more powerful as your infirmity increases; to become in darkness, and by reason of darkness, the star around which this angel gravitates; few joys can equal that. The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves--say rather, loved in spite of ourselves; the conviction the blind have. In their calamity, to be served is to be caressed. Are they deprived of anything? No. Light is not lost where love enters. And what a love! A love wholly founded in purity. There is no blindness where there is certainty.

“I gasp, and I'm Eve in the Garden of Eden, and he's the serpent, and I cannot resist.”

Is this OC?

“So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.”

"Love Stinks"

Claire what are you doing in Veeky Forums you don't even read

love love o love
thou art comprable
to a dove
i should take you by the rear
and feed you my seed
and you can step on my balls
until they spit spat and bleed

I love bad bitches that's my fucking problem.
-Coelho

holy cow thats bad

It is me and the truth.

I am paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?

baby don't hurt me

I'd imagine it's somewhere in Symposium desu.

So she's a cheater and into bestiality?

>no odi et amo
>lit is this pleb

love is a dog from hell -bukowski

She was excessively pale, and her pallor made her dark hair seem denser and heavier than ever. Perhaps that, or the fact that she had wound several rows of amber beads about her neck, reminded him suddenly of the little Ellen Mingott he had danced with at children's parties, when Medora Manson had first brought her to New York.

The amber beads were trying to her complexion, or her dress was perhaps unbecoming: her face looked lustreless and almost ugly, and he had never loved it as he did at that minute. Their hands met, and he thought he heard her say: "Yes, we're sailing tomorrow in the Russia—"; then there was an unmeaning noise of opening doors, and after an interval May's voice: "Newland! Dinner's been announced. Won't you please take Ellen in?" ----- from the Age of Innocence. You have to have read the book. But those lines always get me.

>...and it was leapyear like now yes 16 years ago my God after that long kiss I near lost my breath yes he said I was a flower of the mountain yes so we are flowers all a womans body yes that was one true thing he said in his life and the sun shines for you today yes that was why I liked him because I saw he understood or felt what a woman is and I knew I could always get round him and I gave him all the pleasure I could leading him on till he asked me to say yes and I wouldnt answer first only looked out over the sea and the sky I was thinking of so many things he didnt know of Mulvey and Mr Stanhope and Hester and father and old captain Groves and the sailors playing all birds fly and I say stoop and washing up dishes they called it on the pier and the sentry in front of the governors house with the thing round his white helmet poor devil half roasted and the Spanish girls laughing in their shawls and their tall combs and the auctions in the morning the Greeks and the jews and the Arabs and the devil knows who else from all the ends of Europe and Duke street and the fowl market all clucking outside Larby Sharons and the poor donkeys slipping half asleep and the vague fellows in the cloaks asleep in the shade on the steps and the big wheels of the carts of the bulls and the old castle thousands of years old yes and those handsome Moors all in white and turbans like kings asking you to sit down in their little bit of a shop and Ronda with the old windows of the posadas 2 glancing eyes a lattice hid for her lover to kiss the iron and the wineshops half open at night and the castanets and the night we missed the boat at Algeciras the watchman going about serene with his lamp and O that awful deepdown torrent O and the sea the sea crimson sometimes like fire and the glorious sunsets and the figtrees in the Alameda gardens yes and all the queer little streets and the pink and blue and yellow houses and the rosegardens and the jessamine and geraniums and cactuses and Gibraltar as a girl where I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.

Op asked for lines not pages.

>tfw no gf

It's so bad that it's actually good.

He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she was the sun, but he still saw her, even without looking, like the sun.

lel I was in jail for two weeks in Baltimore earlier this summer, and most of the inmates were obviously black and they all read books like this... there's actually like an entire segment of genre fiction marketed towards poor, ghetto, urban black people. The books all literally have titles like "Pimp Chronicles, Vol. IV", "Tales of a Hustler", "Hoes on da Street", etc.

Wouldn't you like to know?

Honestly, I feel like this little phrase has some power to it at this point. It succinctly ties up so many feelings into a nice little package we all can empathize with. I wonder who the first person to ever type it was.

Not my proudest fap.

I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.

>First, it started falling over. Then, it fell over.

I always liked that line from Anna Karinina, about hiw Levin felt about Kitty in crowded room.

Something like, she was like the sun, where he couldn't look directly at her, but was always aware of her presence.

I should have scanned the thread before i posted. This was the line I was thinking of.

It's okay man, I had forgot where that was from. You helped at least one person today.

Looking forward to reading this once I finish War&Peace.

They had us spend a month reading ghetto lit in highschool

It made me who I am today

What's /her/name, Veeky Forums

love loves to love love

:^)

darya

Don't do this to me man

It is gay

It's fine. I have it memorized after repeating one day in a hospital room, weeping.

I should start War and Peace soon.

>I love you.

Sansa?

What did you do?

Amore, che nulla amato amar perdona

Varium et mutabile semper femina.

Hey baby I see you have braces, i have braces too.

I think the following line of "my sin, my soul" is equally moving.

Joanna...
I know she wants to forget about me. I won't forget her for a while.

" since he made you his sole heir, he must have loved you a lot, didn't he?"
That word "love" among these words that had no ulterior intent pierced yuchi's heart as silent tears streamed form his eyes.

in the context it moved me a alot

25-year old Theodore Roosevelt wrote this single line in his journal after both his wife and mother passed away within hours of each other.

I don't know about "best line," but this is up there.

Also, this

Dude. Feels.

I recently saw this line from the good part of Cligés:
>You cannot know all of Love's games until you have tried them

end of the divine comedy
end of shelley's epipsychidion

Habent omnes uolucres nidos inceptos nisi ego et tu quid expectamus nunc.

Jessie.

>“It ought to make us feel ashamed when we talk like we know what we're talking about when we talk about love.”

"Nothing can to nothing fall
Nor any place be empty quite
Therefore I think my breast hath all
Those pieces though they be not unite
And, as broken glasses show
A hundred lesser faces, so
My rags of heart can like, wish, and adore
But after one such love may love no more

>Je t'aime aussi..

The ending of Ulysses is just about the best section in of prose I've ever read.

I'm all out of love
I'm so lost without you
I know you were right
believing for so long

My mom found a capsule of heroin on me and called the cops. I got charged with "Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance". I probably would have just gotten probation, but I fell asleep in court and the judge thought I was high. I ended up serving two weeks and getting 2 years of probation.

James

maybe there's a god above
but all I ever learned from love
was how to shoot at someone who outdrew ya

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
--Nietzsche

LMFAO so randumb XDXD

You're onto something user.

And who shall I say is calling?

Asia. Sound stupid in english, since its like the continent.