Most patrician drug to read on?

I love to read but my depressed state of mind prevents me from doing so. What's a good drug for this situation?

SSRIs

Would rather not have to see a quack

Amphetamines and/or marijuana.

>a quack
Oh you mean a well educated professional? God forbid, user, just buy some fentanyl from Tyrone.

kratom

>well educated professional
>t. never met a psychiatrist in my life
been in the mix for going on 21 years. it's all guesswork in a labcoat, my friend.

>it's all guesswork in a lab coat
How do you think pharmaceutical r&d works? It is exhaustive, rigorous and has well defined metrics of efficacy. You are just convinced you're a special snowflake and your brain is somehow different (in spite of the fact that you've been doing something for 21 years can't really tell what you mean) I am currently on an SSRI and NaSSA combo, my subjective happiness is at a great baseline, lots of energy, improved salience and motivation. If you're willing to take time to work with a doctor you can really have a better life. I have also tried almost all other drugs illicit and legal and its best to simply do what is prescribed if you have depression. OP stop being a self-sabotaging cunt.

I'm not OP, and you're poisoning yourself.
Besides, you said it yourself, 'willing to take time and work with your doctor' let me ask you, what did this time amd work manifest as? was it a) doctor arrived, we did push ups, and he prescribed me the exact medicine i needed after giving me several tests
b) i met the doctor and over the course of several months or years, countless different drugs, and months of secondary therapy through a therapist or psychologist
or maybe it was c) my doctor gave me various drugs, confidently prescribing life altering chemicals upon our first or second meeting totaling 30-40 minutes of interaction between us

it's fucking guesswork, even the newer saliva tests they have gives a large list of potentially less side effect ridden drugs for your particular genetic reading. I would generally agree that the pharmaceutical aspect of the business (that's what it is, a business) is far more intensive, however, what do you think research is? making guesses, seeing their results, on a large scale. guesswork in fucking white labcoats. Just because you got tossed on invega after a month and you haven't felt the tardive dyskenesia shakes coming on yet doesn't mean you can take the holier than thou approach. god what a little bitch.

soda?

guys... easy on the drugs

kratom
gaoshan oolong and cigarattes

what Prince Charles said
pic related

Piracetam + Choline L-Bitartrate + Coffee + Cigarettes

>you typed so hard
>and got so far
>in the end
>it didn't even matter

"Medicine is poison" you are retarded.

>how can you believe in evolution when it is just a theory (a guess?)

Pretty much. There are metastudies on how SSRIs are on par with placebo for depression. Long term usage tends to destroy your feelings and cause sexual dysfunction. Bonus if you take quetiapine, it destroys the sleep receptors over time among other fun things. Just a warning, do as you wish.

>i'm a fucking retard
yes. you're literally trading your physical health (liver and kidney functions, tremors, seizures, etc.) for the illusion of mental health through brain chemical hacks. You want to pretend that there are no drawbacks, that it's all as easy as 1,2,3, but you yourself even claimed to have tried "almost all the legal drugs" and how did you do this? alone? i doubt you prescribed medicines for yourself, so it took the arduous task of guessing, testing, months on months of hoping a medicine works where one didn't, or that one has a less severe side effect.

Those studies are most likely not as cut and dry in their conclusions as you're portraying them. In many people SSRIs are not effective or no more effective than placebo, obviously, but there are a lot of different kinds of pharmaceutical therapy. Telling op to let his depression go untreated for >reasons is fucking pleb shit. Quietapine is for sever psychotic types and I agree it is overprescribed. If you tell your doc you refuse to be on atypical antipsychotics they won't give them to you.

Yeah I don't see your point. Is it something like "if I don't get immediate satisfaction then why bother"? Also I don't know where you're getting all this information about renal/hepatic toxicity from and what it is even in reference to. Chances are you consume things or engage in behaviors that are just as damaging to your body as my psych meds. Or do you just completely avoid processed sugars and preservative agents? Really I don't get it you seem bitter for no reason. There is documented evidence of medicine helping millions of people live their life in happier more productive states but I guess you think all those people are just deluded sheep. Must be fucking lonely at the top.

No, it's a drink that looks like a sludgy green tea and it can help with opiate cravings. My girlfriend uses it everyday. I drank a bunch of it one time and it made me spin. Not really a drug though, but anything that can keep you off naltrexone or methadone is good in my book.

no one said the guy shouldn't turn to depression treatment through the mental health system. i'm saying that to trust drugs implicitly is a fool's game and that because a psychiatrist requires education does not give the ability to be correct. they guess often. exercise and healthy eating, meditation, and cognitive therapy works wonders on one's mental health. obviously drugs are often required even with all of these things, but so often do people rely on just drugs that may even only have a placebo effect where a daily jog would have served them a thousand times better.
you say that it's better to just trust the prescriptions, i doubt you followed that advice if you 'tried almost every drug'.
this guy knows. a cute picture of a baby snipe for you.

Anyone who takes everythinf psychiatrists or doctors that aren't in a very specific field (Radiology, Oncology, Anesthecists, Surgeons etc.) say as an absolute truth is a retard that has never had the chance to speak to doctors outside their office. The field takes way too much time and pays too little and there are so many conditions etc. that most of them don't have the slightest idea of what they are doing. They just prescribe the shit they are told to prescribe. Look at the painkillers epidemic and benzo problems many americans are affected by. Maybe 1 in 10 doctors actually does research and is heavily invested in their field.

Same antibiotics way to overprescribed.

My councillor couldn't subscribe me SSRIs, had to see my GP for that.

>i don't know that drugs have side effects
>i'm being dense on purpose to evade the central point of the argument that psychiatrists guess. a lot.
jesus christ, get your head out of your ass.

powdered leaves from the kratom tree that provide a nice, mild opioid buzz

Fair enough, just wanted to point out that more often than not modern psychiatric treatment is just giving you some pills without solving the underlying problems or warning about side effects. Unless you want something that could give you a buzz like benzos, even though they are excellent for anxiety attacks or alcohol wds. They have serious long term issues too though.

CBT, meditation and diet/exercise are also parts of my therapy. I don't trust drugs implicitly, but the benefits far outweigh the risks. I tried to not be on drugs for a long time. When my addictions were in remission I continued on with a therapist and my typical meditation; started working out and I've always ate fairly well. The point is that my ahedonia persisted, the lack of clarity/attention span persisted, to the point where i didn't even want to live any more. I'm not even saying any of this applies to OP, but to distrust drugs implicitly, to rule them out as "poison" is ridiculous and dangerous for many people. I kick myself for not giving them a serious effort sooner. Anyway this is all anecdotal. Best recreational drug to read on in my experience is hashish; a close second to low doses of heroin and LSD; but for the most part I think drugs should be enjoyed for their own sake.

Oh my god I should just avoid anything with side effects. Even side effects that are statistically negligible. Better never fuck because I might catch AIDS. Brb going to kill myself to avoid possible reactions.

What qualifies you to make such statements?
>inb4 just a fucking wank of an opinion

are you stoopid? side effects in sris are not uncommon.

have you ever experienced tardive dyskenesia after blindly trusting your doctor even after you told him about the tremors? no? well i fucking have. you're a dunce and there are extreme dangers in the psychiatric world. quit being a fucking little bitch.

Sorry that happened to you but it doesn't mean it is common or typical.

None at all.

My mother experienced it, Several dozen people I have met in my six seperate mental hospital visits have experienced it. It is not an uncommon side effect. Fucking big pharma shills are deep on Veeky Forums i guess. How bout you go suck a cock you dipshit?

Dimethyltryptamine
thank me later :^)

Wow I'm glad you've found the secret to happiness user; you seem quite happy you know and of course not paranoid I am definitely being paid by pharmaceutical companies to tell people about psych meds, you're really smart.