is it a
>leek
>green onion
>scallion
>chives

All four are accurate.

this is a scallion or green onion.

leeks and chives are different things.

Green Onion, spring onion, scallion. Leeks are different, they're the huge fat version

chives are the tiny ones, leeks are the huge ones. is right

n-no user

Those are green onions, and this isn't a matter of where you live, all four are different things.

Those are all different things.

Only scallion or green onion is correct, leek and chives are part of the same species, but are distinctly different.

Scallions and green onions are the same thing, geniuses.

Shallot

Yes but scallions typically refer to plants that have been allowed to grow bulbs

Hello Sarah.

whoa, get a load of mr. elitist coastie here. I bet you just said that because they're insanely obscure foods and you know nobody around here has had chives or leeks so we can't say anything about it

here in the real america we just call this stuff "mexican garlic" and it's only sold at weird immigrant and hipster stores

bought one once and it was really weird smelling. I threw it out before tasting it. definitely not worth it.

Scallopes

That's a spring onion

Shallots are completely different.

>chives and leeks
>insanely obscure foods
gg

trump_wrong.gif

>implying theyr'e not
not everyone shops at overpriced yuppie luxury grocery stores, stephON. some people here actually work for a living

user called it Mexican garlic and you're taking the post seriously? You stupid?

scallion, green onion, spring onion

leeks are different and chives are in the garlic family

Green onion.

This is the right answer. Bing it.

naganegi

That's the only name it goes by in my country. It doesn't make my statement incorrect, it just depends on where you live on the planet.

Yep. This is correct. Everyone else is just mad.

baby spic onion

Leek soup is pretty much one of the poorest thing you could make.

That's a spring onion, you nigger

look

Well it's none of those, it's a
>spring onion

Although in some uncivilised places they're also called green onions or scallions. Leeks and chives are completely different things.

Leeks are a traditional part of the diets of peasants and poor folk in many parts of the world, particularly Europe. They aren't as widely cultivated in America, but you can still find them in the produce section in most grocery stores. Could you possibly be any worse at trolling?

Spring onion

Pic related are spring onions.

No those are Cipollini onions or more commonly Salad onions.

You're fake news.

It is a green onion/ scallion (name is geographically dependent, but refer to the same item) about 12-14 inches long and up to 1/2 inch wide. Very common in grocery stores across the United States.
Chives and leeks are a different species, but are also very common
Chives are very thin and moderately strong in flavor with a garlic/onion flavor.
Leeks are quite large (18-24 inches long and upto 1-1/2 inches in diameter) with a fairly mild flavor

Pic is chives, spring onions, green onions/scallions from left to right

Pic is green onion on left and leek on right for size comparison

Spring onions are known as salad onions or Cipollini onions also..

They're spring onions. "Salad onions" seems to be a blanket term for any type of scallion or spring onion. Never heard of cipollini before, but they appear to be a different variety altogether, or more simply the Italian word for small onion, which I suppose could also apply to spring onions, as spring onions are simply small, early harvested onions.

if i'm right the ones that have bulbs are spring onions.

Yup.

Hard to tell from the small pic, but those appear to be scallions, not spring onions.

The spring onion is mislabled on this pic. That is a green onion/scallion. The spring onion has a narrow stalk see in the center.

Scallions do not grow bulbs.

Correct. Scallions never develop a bulb. Spring onions do. They are from the same species though.