If people had to kill and clean their own animals, or even if they just had to tour a chicken house or pig farm...

If people had to kill and clean their own animals, or even if they just had to tour a chicken house or pig farm, we would have 50% more vegans

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCs_t4Om5siqqFtVGd639Z0Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everyone saw the hunting and butchering process back in the olden days but they never went vegan

Yeah back when it was meat or starve/get some fucked up disease from not eating meat

So like 1% of the population instead of 0.5%?

If everyone owned their own coffee bean plantation slave we would have 50% more decaffers.

You mean to say 0.75% instead of 0.5%.

I doubt it. I kill and butcher 2 deer, 10-20 rabbits and squirrels, myriad crappie, bluegill and catfish and the only sentiment I've ever felt was slight sadness at terminating the life of a creature as beautiful as a deer, but that just makes me use every bit of the meat and bones for food as a token of respect.

>see a chicken house
Industrial chicken farming is literally the only cruel thing about chicken eggs. It's easy to keep maybe 6 or 7 chickens and give them a really good quality of life. Mine are basically pets. Angry, dinosaur pets. They tried to kill a pigeon once, was jokes. Best eggs you'll ever eat too

People nowadays gets scared, offended, and disgusted a lot easier than never before...

As someone who is strongly against industrial slaughter, I have respect for you and all hunters like you. This is the correct way to harvest meat.

>If people had to kill and clean their own animals
This is literally exactly what people did before there was a meat-packing industry.

Somehow, shockingly, there has never been a society of vegans in history ever.

>if people were force to spend lots of time in something they have no time to spend in they would do that a lot less

Ive seen plenty of documentaries and videos and images of all the horrific shit animals go through. I still love meat and eat meat.

How many animals do you think died this very second? And this second? And also the next second? Because its thousands. Thousands every second. Not even by human hands, but by natural cause (or even because of other animals/attacks from animals).

Anyone that thinks theyre stopping anything from dying is a retard, pure and simple. Animals die and get birthed every second thousands at a time. Some faggot that released a chicken coop full of chickens didnt save shit.

t. Silent majority

Or maybe they'd be so disensitized to death because they need to eat and people would be more humble in regard to their own existence and grateful for the sacrifice that there would be less waste and less animal cruelty and we would collectively become a better planet afterwards.

>richfags
>doing hard labour
t. Buttblasted poorfag

Nope.

Butchering large animals was a community event back in the day, and it would actually help our society if more people worked together with their neighbors to provide food for their families the way we used to before industrialization inadvertently started fucking shit up.

Millions of hunters say you're wrong.

>Somehow, shockingly, there has never been a society of vegans in history ever.
India comes pretty close, which is probably why they're stupid and live in a complete shithole.

OP probably would say that we need to learn from them. I say they need to stop shitting in the streets.

Fucking this. It is incredibly easy to butcher an animal when you know it had a good life and you take the effort to kill them quickly and (mostly) painlessly.

I hang my chickens upside down when I butcher them, the blood rushes to their head and they're basically passed out so they don't realize what's happening when I behead them.

Indians also eat eggs, and OH MY FUCKING GOD do they drink milk.

There's is a reason why there are occasionally vegetarian societies, but there are NEVER vegan societies.

Might be true but only because people don't know how to butcher. Here's help:

youtube.com/channel/UCs_t4Om5siqqFtVGd639Z0Q

You do know society did this for thousands of years, right? Only in the past century did it move to factory farming,so......

Kind of true, but I think there might be some adaptation after some time.

Hunger is a really powerful motivatior after all. Its a nice question.

>people who have lived there life without ever having to butcher animals might not like having to suddenly start butchering their own meat
>what a surprise
why do farmfags get entitled about butchering their own animals? what is your goal? to get everyone in society to start raising their own animals and kill them?

People would be vegans just because of the ease of it. If you had to go through the bullshit to make a vegan burger or whatever the fuck, people would just go with what they prefer.

But as recent as 80 years ago, when many people did raise slaughter their own animals, practically no one was vegetarian or vegan.

I'd be vegan not because I felt bad, but because it would be a huge pain in the ass to kill and process every meal I ate.

It’s just nice for us to know that we are better than you. In a dire or necessary situation, we can function as normal. You, on the other hand, would be lost.

fortunately I grew up rural. you wouldn't be able to shit post right now if some pajeet didn't put down his shovel and stop fucking his sister to develop the software on your $100 chinkphone. get back to work you inbred barn dwelling retard.

This though

i feel like i would only devour more flesh if i had to kill and gut my own animals. i feel like i would go totally primal and rabid, and revel in the carnage.

>we would have 50% more vegans
Maybe, but then veganism is going to be pointless one cultured/lab-grown animal products are available in grocery stores. Unless they consider them vegan because there's no death or animal "slavery" involved even though they're still technically animal products. I really want to see what happens once these things are available, it's going to be interesting.

Vegetarians are only like 1/3rd of the population in India anyway, though as I understand it this varies wildly across different areas

yeah, hunger changes that real fucking fast.

Fucking people today can't stand the sight of a roast pig or even fish with heads on. Even horse meat is something that scares people. Like what the fuck?!

Space brothers is a good anime

People who watch anime need to get gassed.

^^^
This

Says the goy on an anonymous cooking imageboard on an anonymous anime weebsite with a .gif from an anime as the required thread start image. You need to go back.

explain the Amish

If people had to synthesize their own tofu crumbles and milk their own almonds, we'd have 50% more omnivores.

Man it's almost as if the average person doesn't have to go out and kill their own game just to survive the next week anymore or something. Whoa.

Maybe for a while, but then once you hit a generation that grew up with having to kill their own, most of them would still eat meat. It's something you just get used to, especially if you're raised that way. I grew up on a pig farm in the South and my family made me participate in the slaughter once I got enough, btw.

*old enough

>the only sentiment I've ever felt was slight sadness at terminating the life of a creature as beautiful as a deer
Deers are fucking disgusing, their just a bigger version of rats except more retarded and they all have mange and worms. They'll jump out in front of you and wreck your car too. Fuck deer, they should be put into concentration camps and slaughtered with the most painful inhumane nerve gasses on the market.

eh the logic here is kinda fucked
people are so far away from the process these days they don't have to think about it, but if it was every day common thing everyone would be used to it and wouldn't think about it that much
though I agree, there would probably be more vegans and way less meat consumption in general this way

Some research suggests that 6% of Americans are vegan as of 2017.

People did not have nearly as much access to meat and rarely dairy before the big industries. People consumed a lot more veg actually - their bodies thanked them for it.

If everyone saw the slave farms in china they'd stop eating veg

what the fuck is wrong with vegans? what the fuck are they doing? lol

You do realize that back in the day average people barely ever saw meat?

I once killed two puppies so I guess that's close enough lol

Did you learn that from a video game, cuckboi

It becomes a lot easier the more you do it, ask your grandma and every one of your thousands of ancestors before her. I grew up next to a few 50 thousand chicken sheds and kept some as pets, plus many calves, and some lambs too when I helped on my gf parents farm. I wonder how many of these vegan fucks have ever actually raised an animal

Sure thing, tell that to the plains indians of the 18th and 19th century, tard.

The weak ones would go vegan, Like the bacon eating nu male redditors. But I feel that most people would just calm down and accept the fact that if they want some succulent meats they would need to work for it. Plus skills like cleaning and butchering while hard to master are easily learned.

I have butchered my own meals at one time. It didn't change my dietary preference and that's why I'm not a starving anemic eating grass.

Doubt it. You get used to doing it quickly.

Also modern pig farms are actually really hygenic. Cattle farms are grosser by comparison. Not sure about chickens, but I really doubt I'd stop eating my favorite protein over it.

A thread died for this

this sums my shit up

I won't really mind that much if i had to cook my fish.

if people didn't kill all the large predators and built cities with infrastructure hundreds of years ago we would have 99% less people

weak blood lines are allowed to survive, simple as that

WOW ... relly made me think....

I used to be squeamish when it came to cleaning stuff that I killed hunting or fishing. That lasted about 2 kills before I was sticking my bare hands in the guts and ripping out a digestive tract.

>"""""Some""""" (((research))) """"""""""suggests""""""""""

only because in the modern era no one wants to be putting up with that work

Like farming vegetables ain't hard work? I'm assuming any scenario where people have to kill their own meat, they'd have to grow their own crops too.

More like we would have less squirmy little bitches.

they called them savages for a reason

Those are not average people faggot.

>Bring syphillis, gonerreah and various plagues to a world untouched by filth
>systematically eliminate indigenous populations by virtue of the sheer numbers of walking pale vermin.

Lol, who was the savage again?

Reading about the native's "mistreatment" is the greatest source of comedy known to mankind

Uh, the indians were. Pay attention.

Not if they'd started young. Do you think the farmers themselves are all vegan?

NO that is just a vegan fantasy.

Ok first of all if he had a tiny brain his skull would not fucking scrunch up around his brain fuck this brainless wojak shit meme

no, because they are animals

None of the things you describe are savage.

To be honest I'm cool with the idea of being forced to kill my own meat. I would probably only eat chicken and fish but I'm comfortable with that.