Chicken Hearts

Got some chicken hearts from the store on a whim with no plan. What should I do with them?

Use as catfish bait.
Eat catfish.

Eat them all raw

>attach to large fish hook
>catch catfish
>cook catfish
>eat catfish

throw them from a high building
youd be surprised how bouncy these things are

1. Cook them
2. Eat a couple
3. Realize they're not that good, like most offal
4. Throw the rest out

I've been wondering, do chicken hearts/livers/gizzards work in a stew? I kinda want to try making one, but I suspect they might get all rubbery and unpleasant. Also might taste and smell weird.

Fried with butter

chicken heart yakitori

This is why the way I've eaten heart before. It's not that good, but tolerable.

boil with onion, carrot, and celery, salt and pepper
eat with a toothpick

This is how my dad used to do it.

1. Fry with butter and garlic.

2. Cook in a stew.

They're pretty good whole in a meat pie.
I find that parsley goes really well with heart. And a little garlic of course.
Or something like pic related.

just get creative

unlike claims, they are quite delicious
a bit like liver, but not as strong
texture and shape can be offputting, you can slice them if you don't like it though

is the right track

how I like them:
>heat pan
>put some butter into it
>add shallots cut into rings
>add hearts cut into rings
>when everything starts to brown a bit add some sprinkles of flour
>deglaze with any booze
>add either pear or apple cut into small pieces
>turn off heat and let it rest until the pear/apple is soft
>season with some pepper and a bit of salt

Marinate them, skewer and grill them on some charcoal or use a cast iron skillet

season to taste and grill them. i fucking love heart.

they work wonders, try it. just cook the stew in low heat for a long time.

This is the way. Skewered chicken hearts are juicy af after being grilled. Ate them in China regularly from ethnic streetside vendors.

In my experience hearts are rather good, but gizzards taste absolutely awful and are rubbery enough to make tires out of. Leave gizzards out.

Sous vide then grilled or blowtorched is great
nice with a really salty or spicy marinade
or just quarter them and cook really low and slow in a stew or curry

eating an animal's heart allows you to absorb its courage.
Unfortunately, the standard Hen has notoriously low courage, so your gonna have to eat a few hundred to really feel the affects.

That is not true. Gizzards a staple treat in my country, you just need to know how to cook them properly.

I'll give you my personal recipe that I made up after experimenting. The base is what is commonly used in my country to cook gizzards.

>Get a pressure cooker pot.
>Sauté onion and garlic in extra virgin olive oil
>Put the gizzards on and let them fry SLIGHTLY
>Add diced eggplant, let it fry SLIGHTLY
>Add red pepper paste, be generous
>Add either a diced tomato or tomato pulp, but not too much
>Add beer (pilsner, not stupid shit meme dark ales), salt and pepper; stir and give it a taste to check if the seasoning is correct
>Close the pressure cooker, and put on minimum heat
>Let it cook on minimum heat for a long, long time.

If you do this correctly, with tasting in between to ensure you're not under or over seasoning, I guarantee they will be very soft and super, super tasty.
If you don't like any of the seasonings just take them out or replace them with something else, although I would argue that onion, red pepper and beer are absolutely essential. Eggplant was something that I came up with after having eating big hearthy stews from Angola (Muamba), where they stew chicken with eggplant inside. It makes everything thicker, since the eggplant falls apart during cooking, and makes it a bit more complete nutritionally.

Skewered, seasoned and grilled is the way to go. I cook them this way all the time

I marinate with pic related, grill on medium high heat for a few minutes each side and they come out surprisingly tender and juicy

These ones were slightly undercooked as you can see, but still very tasty and cheap protein