NEW AL/CK/ GTF IN HERE

Discuss your sorrows. I relapsed after a year.

Day 4 of a semi-bender, only beer. some of them have been 8% and higher though. got a few pint cans of 5% beer left. gonna use those to taper. Thankfully it wont be a tricky withdrawal, since it was mostly 5% beer. but still I feel like shit. god bless you fellow sufferers.

OP here yeah fuck you it's a new pic
>inb4
>inb4

>I relapsed after a year.
i made it about 4 months, though 3 of those were in inpatient treatment

3 fucking months of inpatient???? shit how did you not neck yourself with a bed sheet? did they let you go to the zoo or trader joes?

never done more than 2 weeks at a stretch

i have spent probably 16 months total in inpatient treatment. still havent been "cured". lol. every time, its just "hey, try AA, this bullshit program that sounds like a bad joke. do it!"

i still remember sitting in inpatient in Cincinnati watching a faggy ass documentary about AA which was about the saddest, gayest thing i've ever seen

did a year sober after that but, yeah, then relapse

yeah we could fuck off basically at will as long as there wasnt a class going on

>general

o ok thats not so bad...still rough though
i assume they made you draw pictures about your feelings in the classes like i had to do?

howd you manage a year?

haha no we just did some of the AA steps, writing, and listened/watched videos

fucking hated myself really bad for relapsing...ran like 8 miles a day, just wanted to punish my body and brain for being a piece of fucking shit...was in grad school and needed to finish and get a job or i would literally be homeless...

i think the genuine anger at my alcoholism was the key. but it wasn't sustainable. i got a job and a sweet apartment and then had a giant fight with my gf and work troubles and just stopped giving a fuck

>dad passed away this year
>he helped me get a job in his machine shop, was supposed to inherit his position at the company we both worked for
>instead they give it to some scrawny tweeker
>didn't inherit any money or possessions either, his wife stole it all and the court is on her side
>marriage with wife isn't working, doomed to fail

At least I have booze

there are infinite situations that cause relapses. its so frustrating.

yeah i stayed till i got a job, then left pretty soon after

yup. my biggest trigger is girl problems. second is boredom / insomnia. third is anxiety.

divorce wife, rip the bandaid off
sabotage the tweeker in the most sinister, Machiavellian way possible
get drunk

problems all solved

This man is your ally, he fights for you!

dude, the boredom and lack of feeling good that comes with sobriety, totally sucks. it feels like a bad dream when you sober up. its so boring and sad and everything is a grind.

the anhedonia passes or so i hear

ive heard that, too. i dont buy it, though. i think if a person has pickled their brain, its fucked. game over. theres no fucking way i could ever be a happy-go-lucky guy, not in this life.

How does one go about sabotaging tweekers?

seriously? they're the easiest. call the cops on their drug habit when you know they have shit on them

Fiancé left me cause of boozing
Just smoked some crack
Gonna try to pan handle for booze money tomorrow

Kill me

get a fucking job jesus
where are my other white color 50K plus alkies here
literally wearing an omega speedmaster as i type this on my pier one sofa

>inb4 50K aint shit, i know, that's why i drink

>Trying to cut back
>Shithead neighbors let their toddlers run up and down my ceiling all fucking day
>Knocking over toys clattering on their vinyl floor
>Cant get a moments fucking peace without getting wasted so i stop noticing the noise
Cunts

u posted this before
maybe murder the whole family?

Dude. Come on. Cocaine is the worst fucking drug out there. It lasts so short and the comedown is fucking horrible. And its expensive. At least do opiates if you need to be a degenerate.

Like heroin?

yeah. the withdrawals are easier than alcohol and the high lasts longer than cocaine.

I filed another noise complaint and they've shut up for today at least. Im trying to convince a friend to let me live in their garage.

at least H give you an afterglow

My buddy used to live below a family like this, the little punk kids used to wait until he was outside with his family and his baby and then they would throw their toys out of the window in an attempt to hit him or his baby.

Had to talk the dude out of going up there and kicking the shit out of the parents a few times and honestly I wouldn't have blamed him if he did.

Hey guys, I was watching some MALT LIQUOR! videos and it really got me yearning for my malt liquor days. I saw some guy laughing though, saying how only negroes and retards who can't do math buy malt liquor because it's not worth it for the ABV:price ratio. Well, I am kind of retarded when it comes to mathematics so I was wondering if you could tell me whether that's true or not?

I'd just really like to get a nice couple of bottles of some kind of 8% or higher brew.

a popular 40oz beer called "king cobra" is only 6% abv. some are 8% or higher. you just have to know which is which. that king cobra shit is a fucking prank though. only idiots buy that shit.

45k here

just buy sierra nevada torpedo, it's not that expensive and it's like 8000% better filtered and less hangover-y/barfy

I always thought malt liquor tasted like piss, plastic, and some kind of sickly sweet shit. I'd rather drink a bottom tier high abv beer like natural ice before malt liquor.

amen

Ah well, I can get an 8pack of 6% strong beer swill for 12 bucks.

For comparison's sake a "pint" of cheap vodka or whisky is around $13.50~

you must live in a scandinavian country, based upon how expensive booze is for you. a pint of cheap vodka here costs 5 dollars or less.

thanlk you

Leafcuck land.

Cheapest fifth of vodka is $20. But whenever I buy that for the value something terrible inevitably happens.

Hmm. Well, there is one suggestion i have for you. I have never tried this method, because i just dont give a shit, but you can pour cheap vodka through a water filter. A Brita pitcher, for example. it's supposed to turn rotgut, bottom-shelf piss into high class stuff.

man, im sorry though. you pay out the ass up there.

mythbusters(yes i know...) did the vodka through a filter test and it did improve it the more times you run through it but wont turn it into top shelf stuff

613 fag here

i didnt know that. interesting. its funny... all the years i spent drinking vodka, i never once tried that method. i should have. i just stick to mostly beer now, occasinally wine. liquor produces hellacious results. not a fan anymore.

oh my issue is that if I buy that fifth because it's cheaper, I'll drink at least 3 quarters of it in a few hours and black out and maybe throw up and probably do something like losing my house keys or other valuables without ever leaving my house.

hah

Liquor is something to avoid if you are an alcoholic. Stick to hopefully beer and sometimes wine.

I don't consider myself an actual alcoholic, in spite of what you may think of me having just read that. But I thought this was al/ck/.

>Liquor is something to avoid if you are an alcoholic
anyway thanks for the advice, really makes you think

Im just being honest. Liquor takes people down hard as fuck.

i'd go to beer but don't like how long it takes to get loaded
also all the calories

Right, understandable. Theres a conscious choice to be made here. A trade off. Less painful aftermath with beer, but also less loaded while drinking.

This is the exact advice that's kept me(relatively) physically and mentally well over the last decade. If you've got the al/ck/ gene, stick to beer or a bottle or two of wine.

On my way home buying my trusty 8 pack of 6%, guzzling one of them on my walk and I happen to turn around and 15 feet behind me is a fucking coyote doing coyote things. Then comes another from the field adjacent to the path following behind it. I stomp my foot and it doesn't even react. Second time I've seen these fuckers slinking around coming home from a beer run.

>tfw an al/ck/ user dies not from alcohol poisoning or the slow downward spiral of alcoholism but from a coyote attack

Playing fortnite and drinking fistmas beer and getting high. Comfy

coyotes are awesome. i think you are lucky to have the irl experience around them. i wonder if they are rabid, or something, since they dont seem to fear you. if not, maybe you are a coyotebro

Where I live wild foxes are the menace, every week you see some poor family putting up a lost cat poster from when they forget to let their precious kitty back inside for the evening and foxes grabbed it, took it back to their den and literally tore it to shreds.

Have you considered not doing that?

yep. foxes definitely do that. theyre cute though. i love them. when i lived in fort collins, colorado, they came out at night in huge numbers. adorable little critters. i wish i had one as a pet.

I think they're just desensitized. And maybe displaced. I mean this is basically the middle of the city it's just highly residential with some urban greenery. I saw what were probably the same coyotes a week ago, too. And a few days ago I heard their cacophonous cackling coming from same general area off in the distance. Sounded like a lot more than just two, though, which is worrisome. Prowling the night killing wild rabbits that are around, I suppose.

>some poor family
>forgot to let their cat in
>and having outdoor cats
no sympathy for the family desu

I always wondered how rabbits become meals for predators. I mean, they are fast, and they are very alert. how the hell do coyotes and foxes even catch them?

Holy fuck. Stay there or you are doomed.. where I am I Great Lakes a quart of cheap vodka is like 8 bucks.

Dude city yoties don’t need to hunt at all.

I don't know anything about "city yoties" or their diet. I just know the urban parkland and fields and whatnot they're running around in is full of rabbits

I have handled a few wild rabbits, just for the sake of conversation. My mini schnauzer is good at cornering them, and i pick them up. Theyre cute little shits. but they scratch the shit out of you trying to get free.

If i ever find out who you are I’ll kill you in your sleep

why are you retards obsessed about keeping the exact same OP image? Is it so when you're loaded it's easier to find?

No. It's not that. The reason for black and white siluoueetettettte pictures is that they are non-obnoxious in the catalog, and the ck mods arent tempted to ban them.

Why can't you idiots wait for the weekend to drink? Don't you have jobs?

Carry deli meats in your pocket to give them as a treat next time.
Become king of coyotes

Your rhetoric suggests theres something special about the weekend. like its a big party for working slaves. i tell you what, bucko, everyday is friday for an alcohlic.

The way I binge its physically impossible for me 2 go longer than a 2day binge as the dehydration kills me. How do you even manage.

Drink water while you binge dipshit

i dont drink liquor, i drink beer. stay relatively hydrated. its a conscious choice because liquor is devastating. i avoid it like the plague.

What's the point though? The more you drink the less water you can absorb? Also not to mention wine and beer already have a bunch of water in it.
>you avoid Liquor like the plague
Isn't all alcohol liquor? I think you mean spirits?

i dont mean spirits. where i have existed, both in time and space, liquor means distilled alcohol like vodka and whiskey. perhaps i am wrong. but i didnt mean spirits.

good, use any fucking pic who cares

>tfw you live in a city with a fairly large homeless population
>tfw you also have a few big chinese families that live on your block with elders who go out every day and collect empties

I can just bring my empties out every night in a bag and they're gone in the morning. I am truly blessed.

there you go, turn that rotten piss into lemonade. life is good.

and how has not going to AA worked out for you so far?

talking myself sober is a sick joke, so AA is off the table. if you are suggesting im a fool for not buying in to the program, i would point out that AA has a huge failure rate.

Fentanyl

yeah dude I live in Canada too and an eight pack of pabst (cheapest 8pack) is like 13 or 14 bucks

I love living in BC for many reasons but the alcohol and tobacco prices are not one of them

weed is one of them though

ive watched trailer park boys a lot, so i feel like i have a good, basic understanding of canadian life. but yeah, you guys are taxed to hell. it would be *hard* to be an alcoholic there.

Coyotes and foxes are also fast, user. Plus they're a lot bigger and sneakier and have sharp teeth. Rabbits are so fast because they need to be to escape wild dogs.

I think any sort of treatment for alcoholism has a huge failure rate because it's a horrible drug.

nigger

Alcohol being legal is a big problem. As an alcoholic, I would prefer if all drugs were illegal and punished by death. People aren't capable of using many drugs responsibly. Alcohol included, obviously. I would prefer if my state became a dry state overnight. Out of sight, out of mind.

we make do

also I think nobody is a hopeless alcoholic. not trying to be a saviour or anything but we all have the ability to be healthy again, no matter how far gone we are (unless you're like seriously fucked-up gone, like late stage shit).

there's always hope

Oh yeah your right.
What's so bad about liquor? You believe it does more damage to the body?

a few things about vodka and whiskey etc that i dont like. one, it doesnt contain a lot of water, so its very easy to get very dehydrated by it.

two, it seems to cause a more severe physical dependency than beer or wine, due to its concentrated strength. vodka addicts have the worst withdrawals. the kind where your whole body shakes and you hallucinate and sweat like a water fountain and puke nonstop.

im doing ok these days. found a drug called naltrexone that makes it easy to not drink when i take it. the down side is that it completely blocks my opiate receptors, so i dont feel joy from regular things like walking, eating, laughing, etc. because the drug is bound to those receptors in my brain and blocks naturally occuring endorphins from acting. so its a kind of damned if you do, damned if you dont situation.

AFAIK spirits also means liquor, user

I find it comes down to the fact that liquor/spirits are much stronger and once you're a bit far gone you an gulp them down pretty fast. I'm purely a beer/cider/wine drinker and I've fucked my life up plenty and I think if I drank vodka I'd be dead by now.

even going sober for a bit without other drugs is a depressing experience. Alcohol messes with your brain and makes you not feel pleasure as much for a while after you stop taking it all the time.

Weed helps a bit

ive heard that and i believe its true. i get anxious on weed, sadly. used to live in colorado where you can buy legal weed. the irony.

And junkies should stick to marijuana. Maybe an aspirin now and then.