Thoughts on pink Himalayan salt?

Thoughts on pink Himalayan salt?

Other urls found in this thread:

drmcdougall.com/misc/2008nl/aug/salt.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know literally nothing about it, but I've never seen a recipe call for it, so it strikes me as a meme ingredient.

Overrated, both as a lamp and as a condiment

Huh, sounds strange when you put it as a sentence like that

I use it. Extra beneficial minerals? Lower sodium content? Same great salty taste?

What's not to like?

Tastes like salt. I'd only use it if you were finishing something and wanted the pink salt crystals to look all fancy on top of it. I have some in the pantry that I bought a couple years ago, used once and haven't bothered to use it since.

It's cheap as fuck and works fine

Did you just watch the Live PD episode of the guy with the pink himalayan salts?

the extra minerals in it are in the same concentration as the radioactive ones
miniscule
has no benefits over other salts other than being pretty

Yes

Wuuuuut that's crazy. I'm 99% sure that dude had some sort of research chemical in crystal form.

Haha.
Idk. A lot of potheads I’ve seen are good hipsters that eat unique foods.

It's a possibility but I dabble in research chemicals and the baggy it was in and the pink crystals are a dead giveaway for a certain specific chemical.

Better is better. The fuck is your point?

I would recommend not fucking with research chemicals

I prefer sea salt it but either works.

it's not better
at all, those miniscule amounts of minerals are going to do absolutely nothing for you
the minerals in your food are in actual substantial quantities and are what is going to be giving you what you actually need to sustain yourself
take a person who tops their food with pink salt and another who uses table salt
how different is their health really going to be?
seriously, stop being ridiculous

It doesn't have plastic in it.

I wash my face and hair with it

I bought the trader joes pink salt and hated it. Either the salt was shit quality or the grinder sucked, either way it was really grainy and almost sandy.

>it's not better

Spreadsheet says otherwise.

"Minuscule" or not, it's better.

Kindly fuck off.

stop being a retard

Stop being a contentious fucker and just accept the facts.

What are you, a liberal?

did you seriously just bring up politics?
fuck off with that shit
if you wanna say that salt is better because of the absurdly low concentrations of good minerals then you must also agree that the minute effects of the radioactive isotopes in the salt make it bad and dangerous
if the tiny amounts of good things make it better, then the tiny amounts of dangerous things must make it bad too
because they both have the same effect on your body, none

>did you seriously just bring up politics?

Liberal detected

so you have completely abandoned the topic at hand?
you wanna talk about politics?
kill yourself you retarded piece of shit

That wasn't me, but yeah... you're a liberal.

Lol, we're done here.

when you lose a debate, call them a liberal
genius

>lose a debate

Lol, nigga... I provided facts. A spreadsheet of facts. What did you provide? Conjecture?

Fucking lol...

your spreadsheet didn't provide anything but laughs
the salt has decimal points of beneficial nutrients
and when you take into account the decimal points of negative minerals in the salt it negates anything you could of even called better in the first place
and those tiny amounts, like has been said before, will provide no beneficial effects what so ever
it's not better

>it's not better

If your name CNN? Because that's some fucking fake news.
You can say better isn't better all you want, but at the end of the day, better is better. Numbers don't lie.

Good fight, good night.

you're straight up retarded

>Ad hominem

LOLOLOLOLOL

>all this salt about salt

not ad hominem
i am calling him a retard because he can't see the facts
if that's a ad hominem then so is this

The only time I use it is when I'm finishing something that's white so I can see how much I've used and the color adds to the presentation.

i've been using pink salt for a couple years now, and i just enjoy the way it tastes. it is a subtle difference. not as salty as standard iodized table salt. very light and airy in my opinion.

there's also Real Salt which is the best salt according to how it is sourced.

i don't taste any difference between sea salt or pink salt or Real Salt so i just use either sea or pink.

it's not a huge cost difference but it does add a nice little element of class when you use pink because it just looks nice...back when i was gainfully employed, i went to this mid-tier sushi/oyster bar and they would have a simple red snapper sushi finished with pink salt grated on top. it's just one of those things people do to look cool and fancy and luxurious but i do taste a difference in that i like how it isn't as salty as standard salt.

in terms of the trader joes grinder, yes it is inconsistent and sometimes it grinds it too large or too fine, but i don't mind it being too large because it adds a nice unexpected crunch sometimes.

that being said, i wouldn't pay 2X more for pink salt, and i am always wondering if they just add food coloring to it. all pink salt is sourced from pakistan. can we really trust the pakis to deliver actual pink salt from the foot of the himalayan mountains? i don't know for sure.

to each their own.

It's cheap stuff from the world's second largest salt mine and offers no benefits besides looking different. Don't fall for salt woo.

You'd do better eating a single bean each day.

The undertale of salt

It's just as cheap as table salt and has a slightly different taste. Learn to use it correctly, mabye.

People have constructed a whole mythos around rusty salt.

i only eat artisanal salts and this obviously isn't artisanal

It's just fucking salt. If you need your salt to look different for some reason then by all means use it, but if you think it's healthier or anything like that you're retarded.

Maybe it's just placebo, but I think it tastes marginally better than regular table salt.

Salt is yummy. I like to eat more than none so I don't have muscle cramps.

drmcdougall.com/misc/2008nl/aug/salt.htm

I have a lamp made of it sitting on my dresser.

It's good for presentation where people can actually see the salt. I usually use it to salt margaritas.

Yeah but what about the whole
>if tiny amount of good thing makes it good overall, tiny amount of bad thing makes it bad overall
part

Do you find it to be effective at deleting airborne particulate? :-)

I like it. I'd use it or sea salt but I prefer Himalayan since you can be fairly sure there isn't any pollutant shit in it.

Isn't natrium chloride the same all over the planet?

I caught the bf licking my salt lamp

>Anything within spitting distance of China not having any pollutants
>Implying they don't give every export a liberal dusting of SUPER A1 HAPPY FUN TIME LEAD BASED LONGEVITY POWDER, now with extra cadmium

salt lamps make me thirsty

I remember when it was just called road salt.

you don't use it for a specific reason, it just replaces salt. That's like saying "I've never seen a recipe call for grass fed beef, so regular beef must be just as good"

never seen so many memes in a single table