I'm in charge for dessert for the christmas dinner...

I'm in charge for dessert for the christmas dinner. I want to make something that i can do ahead and that i can serve portioned. I thought about tiramisu, zabaglione, white chocolate mousse and panna cotta. Which would be your favorite? Any other ideas? Also, what alc do you like to mix into the coffee for the tiramisu?

Additional info: my dad will make a fruit salad, so i thought i'd go with something that's more on the heavy side to balance it out.

Mouse sounds legit.
Otherwise consider a creme brulee

tiramisu buche de noel

I've heavily considered it, but there are atleast two people that don't like caramel. Yeah, i know...
Maybe i still make it as an option, since i love creme brulee.

What's that? Googled it and it looks like a tiramisu roll? Nice idea...

Panna Cotta is as complicated as you want it to be so it bends itself if you suddenly have to work on budget or for more people or want to look fancy with berries on top.

Cinnamon rolls!

>tfw asking for seconds as dessert
Just eat a spoonful of sugar if you want something sweet you fucking child, dessert is a colossal waste of everyones time

Mousse is a much more acceptable dessert where I live.

t. 1st world inhabitant

Those crispy French custard things are good. I don't remember the actual name though.

Soufle

>being this much of a tastelet

>soufflé
>crispy
Fucking idiot.

>buche de noel

is a sponge cake that looks like a log
tiramisu is already similar, but you can make it more christmasy

you mean burnt cream

Im making dessert also and I bought a bunch of Christmas tasty cakes and I'm just saying that I made them

sugar is sugar no one cares

>soufflé isn't crispy
Dumbfuck

I looked it up. Canelé de Bordeaux.

If you're soufflé is crispy you're doing it wrong.

Panna cotta is very easy. I also only have to make dessert for 17 people, i'll manage. Budget is no issue either.

Thought about baking something, but the issue is that baked stuff usually tastes the best when fresh out of the oven, so it's not exactly the best option to prepare in time. Otherwise i surely would consider cinnamon rolls.

I'm sorry for your sad christmas dinner without dessert

If you mean souffle, then that's definitely not what i'm looking for since you not make them ahead.
Or do you mean prussiens (pic related)? I sometimes make cinnamon prussiens, that might be an idea, althoght tmagain, they are way better fresh from the oven.

Haven't considered making a roll, maybe i'll do one with chocolate and raspberry.

Hm, never had those before. What are they like?

The outside is crispy and a bit chewy. The inside is soft. The texture difference is the best part. Have it with coffee or drinks after dinner.

>crispy and a bit chewy
its either crispy or chewy
cant be both
nigger

Mousse is the best choice for many people, zambagliobe isnt good if left to sit, and creme brulee is overrated

rude

>Mousse
isn't that just chocolate pudding???

a fuckin kids dessert??

I might do a batch to try them. Thanks for the suggestion!

I made the white mousse last year and it was requested again, so i'll def do that one.
I've never made zabaglione before, but the tiramisu was also requested again. Might stick to those. I prefer a version of burnt creme that's a bit different than creme brulee, not sure what the name is outside of my country (pic related, it's more a cream than a flan, has no crust on top and generally smells more like caramel than creme brulee). I prefer it over classic creme brulee any day. I think the classic one just smells like eggs.

>doesn't know the difference between pudding and mousse

I'm so sorry user

Stop acting so childish
nigger

Dude... have a drink and relax a bit.

there is no difference

Maybe some profiteroles or a mille feuille? For tiramisu alcohol the classics are a good sweet marsala wine, but I've seen a lot of Kahlua being used as well.

If you're souffle isn't crispy ur a gay faggt go blo black dik

what is your main course going to be?

Fondue chinoise

I didn't realize there was a chinese style fondue. Do you just use chinese spices in the cheese?

Make banana pudding and put it in individual plastic cups.

This is the patrician's choice

do tiramisu for me, OP. I wanted to do some this year but settled on something else plebbier for my pleb family

This, but ice with an egg nog icing.

>make anything
>don't forget the creme freeesh

Tiramisu is my favorite dessert.

But make it green tea tiramisu to really blow some minds.

>Pudding
No

Just make passion fruit mousse, it's simple and literally everyone loves it. It's also sweet enough to satisfy people with a small portion.

I think that sambuca is perfect for tiramisù, just don't use too much

Do a charlotte royal

How about Risalamande? It's a Danish desert with a pseudo french name.

It's based on rice and whipped cream, with chopped almonds inside, served cold with cherry sauce.
The only people I know who doesn't eat it are either lactose intolerant or have allergy toward almonds, everyone else loves it.