Making duck for my solo Christmas

>making duck for my solo Christmas
What is everyone else alone on Christmas planning to eat? I need side meal ideas

I made sufganiyot for Hanukkah. Not everyone is a Christian, user.

We usually have goose for Christmas but duck certainly works too.
You'll want to make a nice rich gravy from the drippings and of course make some caramelised potatoes. It's sometimes difficult to find nice small potatoes this time of year so don't be too proud to get the canned ones. They're not that bad.
Something sour on the side works nicely with the richness of the bird. Pickles, pickled red cabbage, picked green tomatoes... hell, picked okra if that's your thing.
My mother likes a little handfull of crips, chips if you're American, on the side too, for the texture, but I don't feel it's needed.

Sorry didn't mean to be non inclusive. Just looked sufganiyot up and it looked delicious, hope you enjoyed Hanukkah!
Good idea, the recipe I looked up also included fingerling potatoes, so I'm definitely going to try and find them.

shut up you foreskin stealing gremlin

Kart dinner at this rate

They should be.

Is it REALLY that bad? I'll spot you five bucks for a chicken if you PM me your paypal address in the Veeky Forums discord. Nobody should live like that.
>Ucx7c8z

Come on, I'm just want a comfy thread for for the lonely people during the holidays, can we just be nice?

Duck is great for Holidays! Render some of the duck fat and mix up a side of roasted fingerling potatoes. I will be stuck with family lasagna.

That is very kind of you to offer that guy. I am sure you are a good person.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS AN ANONYMOUS NORWEGIAN KITE FLYING DISCUSSION GROUP YOU FUCKING NAMEFAG?

I just ordered some chinese food and not doing shit tonight. maybe watch a movie or something

You should post a Craigslist ad inviting people to join you. I feel sad for you user.

Does that say NC?

could you do this without people expecting sex?
it seems that the only reason people do things anymore is for sex,

Yeah, but I figured if someone else was willing to join the discord and message me to scam me out of five bucks he'd be pathetic enough to deserve it too.
Nobody did, by the way.

That's the only reason anybody has ever done anything.

I got duck for mine too. How are you planning on cooking it? Thinking I'll roast it surrounded by whole peeled clementines sprinkled with thyme, then try to make some sort of orangey cranberry & red wine sauce with the juices.

Here in Brazil anseriformes are very expensive and hard to find, so my family always makes a turkey or a chester (a very fat rooster, exclusive to Perdigão (Big Partridge), a meat brand).

Why? Duck really isn't that expensive.

I'm not really going to pay attention to dinner, but I'm going to do a bunch of baking of things I've never tried before. Though, I'll probably give a bunch of it away.
Polvorones, roscos de vino, cheesecake cookies, and orange-chocolate chocolate chip cookies.
>t. fatass

Talk about over paying. I buy a whole duck for 7€and quarter it myself, instead of buying the duck breast for 15€/kg, and I get the thighs and the wings, and extra duck fat that I store to add to my rice or fry potatoes in.

Make a jew thread then, jewy jew-jew...

If your in an experimenting mood, try making some palmiers, they're fun/frustrating and look really festive.

Sea bass.
Challenge mode:

>No lemon
>No spicy

These were the requests of my guests. Puts me in a bind because every single recipe I looked up either has lemon or chili to counteract the fishiness.

>eve
>meatballs
>mashed potatoes
>peas
>lefse

>day
>ham
>more mashed potatoes
>more peas
>more lefse

my family is kinda boring tbqhfam. lefse is dank AF tho

Hey man!

I plan on searing then baking it, and roasting fingerling potatoes in the duck fat. Will be making croissants and stuffing as well, cant think of anything else to add to the feast, if you have any suggestions I will be open to it!

Try using vinegar

>What is everyone else alone on Christmas planning to eat?
>my guests

You can be alone on Christmas and still be a Jew. You are the reason people are anti-Semitic. I feel sorry for you

Plenty of starches.
Nothing green?

Was planning on getting shithoused by myself and watching old Christmas movies but my mom called about a week ago to tell me she and my stepdad were coming down and they made reservations at Benihana. Am I going to have fun, Veeky Forums? Is the food halfway decent?

Your parents sound like utter faggots. And no, benihana sucks gremlin asses.

just moved into a new apartment and im hosting christmas this year, everyone else is bringing the sides all i have to do is the main.

this is what i have so far:
2.5kg pork loin
thyme
rosemary
garlic
lemons
balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper
olive oil

how do i turn the picture on the left into the picture on the right

You got massively ripped off. An entire fresh duck at any Asian supermarket is like 12-15 bucks. Even a frozen one can be had at Aldi for less than 20

Good idea. People seem to rave about not wasting the duck fat, I should buy some spinach to toss the the fat after the potatoes. Thanks!
Hmmm, I assumed that was the case, as I usually only pay 2-3 dollars per pound for chicken., First time doing this though, will go to an Asian restaurant next time, thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I got a bulb of garlic. When is the best time to use it during the process?? While making the duck, of right before the potatoes?

>counteract the fishiness
Is that before or after scraping the living hell out of the skin with steel wool until the entire thing is white?
Mom does that to remove the fishy taste from catfish.

Hannibal celebrates christmas too

Tamales tomorrow, rib roast for Christmas. Pretty typical white family shit but it will be great.

I've got pork and chestnut stuffing and I'll probably make a traditional bread sauce too, spiced with cloves and mace.

If you are white, why tamales? Merry Christmas though!

Duck is my favorite thing to make for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but this year the relatives wanted prime rib. Good luck user, don't forget to score the skin to allow the fat to drain and make a nice crispy skin. I'm sorry you're alone, but glad you're here with us. Merry Christmas, user.

also alone
I plan to get drunk and high, watching movies then cook a duckbreast with an orange sauce and potato croquettes on the side

>NC
You flyovers are active tonight.
How's it going, Joe?

>9th most populated state in america
>flyover
Are you retarded?

What is it with you assholes today? Merry Christmas!

What?

The OP was posted more than 2 days ago you retard.

>Merry Christmas!

You've got to be shitting me. Are you a southern or midwestern flyover, perchance?

I am dinnering alone potato souffle and baked pork tenderloin

You should have made yourself in the oven, dodger.

About to start cooking, wish me luck!

I did a roast leg of lamb stuffed with apples leeks fennel and garlic rubbed in applewood smoked sea salt rosemary thyme and sage. Roasted parsnips carrots brussle sprouts and turnips with whole garlic cloves and sauted kale and mushrooms with butter.
It turned out amazing the lamb was flavorful juicy and fall apart tender.

>not buying a whole smoked duck from the asian market

merry christmas, user!

>Making duck
What are you! a fucking duck. Duck fuck.

No one gives a fuck about you or your people. Baby dick sucking, sub human scum.

Whole duck is like £8 in BritBong land. Also... why is your duck a cube? That's not aerodynamic.

Top kek

>dude I am so unique and special lmao
kys man

>a jew whining
wtf this is unheard of

More like it's not very big of a DELICIA here.

Jews aren't heretics, at least not from the standpoint of the Christian inquisition.