Whisky Bread

What are you faggots drinking tonight?
Try any dank drams lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BP51NnoVErA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing. I've got really bad rhinitus since I broke my nose so not only can't I smell or taste it properly, it makes my headache even worse.

I love my $60 750ml of rubbing alcohol with burnt oak
Truly nothing compares right my fine sirs and gentlemen?

After reading that Ben garrison vietnam copypasta all I drink is Johnny walker black

natty light cuz still broke

Is jack daniels (and jd honey flavored) a meme drink?

I wanna drink whiskey, tenesseee whiskey but i dont know shit about whiskey.

Home for the holiday and had some Makers Mark with my dad. Pretty comfy.

Have you drank any type of whiskey before?

meant for

Lagavulin 16 this evening / morning. It is a shadow of its former self, really disappointed. Ardbeg 10 is miles better, I will be drinking that from now on. Still, it isn't bad and I have 2 bottles to get through.

go back to your sip threads underage faggot

This. Who doesnt enjoy a nice shot of rubing alcohol with a hint of wood

>he likes things that I don't like

>he posts pictures from tumblr

Delicious cold vodka that tastes as pure as spring water.

Japanese whiskey is dildos.

Wild Turkey 101, & maybe a couple of beers.

Michter’s Rye

Who /Eagle Rare/ here?

Jim Beam - Gut Rot

Chasing it with lemon flavored Powerade, because I ran out of beer.

Jack Daniels is very bad for the price. Probably worth if you can get it half off. The honey one mixes very nicely with black tea.
Why do you want to drink Tennessee whiskey in particular? Dickle would be a solid place to start.

I had some Wild Turkey 101 and Laphroaig 10 earlier today. En route to my folks' place where I will probably stick to beer unless someone got me whisky for Christmas.

The best $11 you can spend.

I drank a few glasses, but never really got into it.

Never heard of this brand. Is is worth it?

Gimme the basic gestalt on this bottle right here, boys

Good lad!

youtube.com/watch?v=BP51NnoVErA

Who here has had the Yamazaki 18 year?

This hurts.

got some of this on offer....not impressed, quite astringent finish.......not a great flavour

I bought this just yesterday, is it any good? I just want to know opinions, since i'm most likely not going to open it in years.

>whisky bread.

FAGGGOOOOTTTTTTT

I had a ten year Ledaig today. But I'm not really a whisky drinker, more of a brandy person. Been on a screwdriver tip recently though for some reason

Why are you saving a cheap bottle of scotch like it's something special? Just drink it.

Is it true that Jack Daniels was made by niggers and white slave owner stole the recipe?

>sour mash

Yeah, it's a meme.

Just copped a Laphroaig 10 on offer at Waitrose for bretty cheap.

Planning to make some whiskey sours, anyone got any tips? I know its probably not the ideal whisky for sours but I wanted to cop something that I could still drink straight for after xmas.

I love Laphroaig but I'm not sure I'd like a whisky sour made with it. Please let us know how that turns out.

We Wuz Distillers

A decent blended whiskey for a good price.

>Scotch whiskey
>Whiskey sours
Wat. Does not compute.

just made it and yea it just tastes like a whiskey sour that is extremely smokey. its a bit bizarre not necessarily bad but i think probably goes against what people like about whiskey sours. maybe if it was some sort of sour derivative with more flavors and depth. idk im a bartender not a scientist

what does jap whiskey taste like? is it a distinct flavor, like the difference between bourbon and scotch? or do they copy other countries' styles?

i assume suntory is a meme

How is Toki compared to Hibiki? I want to spend less and also the bottle looks cuter.

It's basically Scotch. Personally I usually like it slightly better than Scotch.

>i assume suntory is a meme
Whoa, everyone back off, we got a whisky expert here

U weeb

Between scotch and Irish whiskey

Vodka is fucking awful

Good shit

is scotch and soda a good drink or a waste of scotch

It's a waste if you use nice scotch. For something like or red label it is perfectly fine. That is assuming that you mean sugary soda. If you meant carbonated water then you could make something decent with nicer whiskies.

Are there health benefits to whiskey? I believe there is an acid in it that helps stave off Alzheimers.

I want a reply for my wine-o aunt, when she tells me my scotch is unhealthy over Christmas dinner, and that I should drink more red wine for heart health.

i mean like johnnie walker black and just soda water

For the weekend

Its fine.

>I want a reply for my wine-o aunt, when she tells me my scotch is unhealthy over Christmas dinner, and that I should drink more red wine for heart health.
Thank her for her concern, pour a glass of red wine, toss a jigger of scotch into it, then down it in front of her.

nope
only water or more scotch should be added to scotch :D
so soda water is fine

Mixing whiskey and wine. That's a fucking cardinal sin.

Just pretend that it's a boilermaker while you drink it with your pinky extended. It's to make her regret pestering you, not to please the liquor gods.

Usually like a speyside. There's a fair amount of variety but even the peated stuff is pretty mild.

The 1.75 liter is $27 at the cheapest liquor joint in a 30 mile radius for me in Jew York. But I that's my drink, Evan Williams.

Muh boy.
I've been saving this bottle so long I had to dust my hands off after taking the picture.

Ouch. The highest I've ever seen it is 24 in the Midwest. Sales and it can go down to 17 or so. Are your other liquor prices inflated to?

That's pretty good stuff OP. Not as good as the nip nectar that I'm drinking tonight though. Nikka Coffey Grain. Fucking incredible and easily the best whiskey for the price. My current whiskey selection

>Pretty sure my wife got me a bottle of Glenlivet 15 for Crimbus...

enjoying this especially as £16 a litre plus christmass promo discounts and loyalty card discounts even cheaper

I didn't mind the bottle of Grants I got from Costco for super cheap. It isn't Earth shattering, but it's alright.

yeah I am poorfag so to me its great next best is Aldis Highland Earl but it not got that slight hint of smoky peatness
I am a Islay fan but cant afford those malts

just got a bottle of this yesterday, hard to drink but for what it's worth it's ok

After watching Ralphy's mini review, I want to grab a bottle of Teachers Highland Cream and give it a try.

Grants is solid for the price desu

Why? You don't think it's going to continue to age in the bottle do you?

I'm gonna end up drinking wine. Might sneak a bottle of whiskey to sip because it's my favorite but any time I drink hard stuff, family just moans incessantly "alcoholic".

It was about $24-25 for the longest time, but they increased the price to $27 a couple months ago.

I walk into all the liquor joints around me just to check the price of Evan Williams, and the price is even higher everywhere else.

When you look at the price of the big bottle of Jack, you know you're getting a bargain lol

A wee dram now that the bairns are a bed.

Just like blacks built the pyramids and cured AIDS before de white debbils stole their shit.

>the they don't sell nikka in my state

Tfw

Anyone heard of this shit before? I'd never seen it before I moved to Taiwan. Here it's in every store. Still haven't tried it. Is it any good or is it a "let's dump our swill on the dumb bastards who don't know what they're wasting money on" whisky?

WHO'S EXPECTING A BOTTLE OR TWO FOR CHRISTMAS!? BET I'M GETTING PIC RELATED!

>tfw a few bad apples in the family mean alcohol is a no go for any kind of gifts

liquor fag (in the biz) reporting in.
Jack is fine. Overpried beacuse of name brand. The flavor are sweet as fuck. Good for a shot, or even a cocktail. But not all night. Good for girls.
They got some prey good shit mein brethren.
not too shabby. but like most bourbon is getting outta hand with the price
Jacks cheaper cousin. Never fails. Best egg nog in the biz too.
> I drink cheap shit
Admiral Nelson :better than captain
Philadelphia: best cheap "whiskey"
Castillo: Best shit rum
>vodka
>gin

rip hibiki 12

Pogue Master's Select. It's pretty good, but not really worth what it cost. Probably won't buy any more.

i like my whiskey cheap and mixed with coke. that's why i buy shit like jim beam, JD and occasionally gentleman jack when it's on sale.

nothing wrong with being a frugal drunk

>bourbon is getting outta hand with the price
Very true, but at least in bourbon there's still a quality product at a decent price. Pic related.

t. Kentuckian that's traveled everywhere

tried that shit last night, almost half a bottle. tastes like cheap whiskey mixed with flat beer. it's okay.

my present
its fairly nice but nothiing spectacular

>wife
Don't make me depressed user

>im a bartender
And you're making mixed drinks with single malt?
>not a scientist
No fucking shit.

If you're gonna drink cheap shit this is best choice.

the taste of sadness and regret

Singleton is a brand by one of the big companies that owns multiple distilleries, or something like that. The color of the bottle should correspond to where it was made, and it should also have text saying where it was made on the bottle/package. As far as I know they are all legit distilleries. It is a marketing ploy to try and bring in new people to scotch. I think the idea is to get you in with the Singleton and then upsell you to the other products by each distillery.

What are your nip whisky prices like? For me the Coffey grain is around $60, so I'm extremely hesitant to buy it over the plentiful better-priced scotch offerings.

I think it's 50/50 whether or not I get a bottle of Ardbeg.

60 is about right for the Nikka. I got the Toki on sale for 35. But believe me the Nikka is worth the price.

So anons, did I fall for the Ardbeg meme by not buying Uigeadail? The regular 10 year tastes like they burned down a peat bog covered in bandaids and bottled the smoke. Compared to everything else in the pic it tastes like smoky crap. (Just finished off the Glen Deveron last night which is why it's empty)

If you don't like it, just let it oxidize. I haven't had any of the others in your pic, but I assume that most the speyside and highland malts would be significantly less peaty. The uigeadail would probably be more pleasing to you though.