Reading The Canterbury Tales while listening to this. It's pretty comfy desu

Reading The Canterbury Tales while listening to this. It's pretty comfy desu.
youtube.com/watch?v=HpUwgruPHco

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6WhTgdbEVeo
youtube.com/watch?v=cYLe_FweguY
youtube.com/watch?v=iYiTGq-dGa8
youtu.be/UEPiqK-jqTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, what music is Veeky Forums listening to today?

One of my favorite albums desu

What does this have to do with the Canterbury tales?
Why wouldn't you just listen to early music?

Well it's obviously a concept album about The Canterbury Tales so if you weren't an autistic friendless pedant you might've picked up on the connection earlier.

You think naming tracks after chapters of the canterbury tales with generic dungeon synth is a 'concept album'?

Yeah pretty much

Not that user but it would be a concept album by definition, yes. Perhaps not a very good one, which would ultimately depend on the listener, but still objectively a concept album all the same.

Boy nitpicking really does sap the fun out of everything, don't it?

Yeah he kinda ruined the thread, shame desu because I really like that album and the Tales

>try to gently tell op that his taste in music is bad and that the album he's listening to is low effort music with a practically nonexistent connection through having a painting and title of a famous work of literature to chaucer
>somehow I'm the bad guy here and not op for creating a terrible, unhistorical thread
I even provided him an example of what he should be listening to instead, early music which involves an academic reconstruction of what the music might have sounded like based on medieval manuscripts, not on spurious, cheesy runescape music.

Ben King doing Spanish Harlem.
>tfw no recording of someone whistling it and I can't whistle for shit
[sad cat shannon noises]

i feel u my dude, i listen to like 20 seconds of ops shit and found it inauthentic

if i wanna hear some old medieval shit i just put on the apple music "early music: from medieval to renaissance" playlist, and if i get through all that i put on the baroque one whatever it's called

oh btw can any of u fags recommend me some dank solo harpsichord shit

agreed

The guy who made the album is a major in English literature you moron.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6WhTgdbEVeo

jfc

sorry i didn't realize this was a cringe thread

>unironically thinks music from Chaucer's period is "early music" in any way, shape, or form
>tries to play patrician tastemaker
You should unironically kill yourself, and stop samefagging as wel

Explain your first point please, I'm interested.
>stop samefagging as well
I'm not? I thought those posts were meant to satirise me, or maybe it's just because I'm a insecure contrarian.

youtube.com/watch?v=cYLe_FweguY

Wow, I guess that settles it.

Are guys who are into medieval history capable of having short hair?

Bretty good desu.

We have recorded music from as far back as Assyria and Sumer so it's a misnomer to call music from the 1300s "early"
Hell, there's """classical""" (shit term btw) music from before this as well

What the fuck is dungeon synth
And why on earth does it necessitate it's own name

I understand that, but I'm going off of the definition of 'early music' which is used by enthusiasts of early music which is usually taken as the medieval age to the renaissance, I don't know where you got your definition from.

youtube.com/watch?v=iYiTGq-dGa8
I'm trying to fix my sleep schedule and i haven't slept in 25 hours
pls send help

Should I take a course on Chaucer? I know the professor and he's terribly challenging, which might be good.

do it faggot

Note that the alternative is a sociology course (required 'social science' credits). I essentially have to take a senior level sociology course for my major (the other options are trash), so I am aiming for a course on mass communication, which requires this course and another I'll be taking anyway.
But, I at least one literature course for my English minor.

i listen to scatman while reading pynchon its pretty cool desu

youtu.be/UEPiqK-jqTc

supreme shostakovich

You reading in middle english or in translation?

Does anyone know of an edition that has middle English on one side and modern English on the other?

I don't get it. The Canterbury Tales is a fun fabliau with ridiculous elements and religious humour. I'm flicking through this album and everything sounds so brooding and serious.

You can get educational editions which have descriptions and glossaries every other page to make you understand. I'd recommend Cambridge Eductional/School editions.

Just read it mate, you probably know enough to get through. Chaucer is familiar Middle English.

This
The guy just goes through and handwaves through the text in order to justify his music, 'english major' my ass.

lmao how clueless.

>I essentially have to take a senior level sociology course for my major

Fucking cultural marxists.

It's either one of a few sociology courses, a 'global studies course' which would be fine if there were any being taught to anybody but a few able to travel every term, or a politics course. I could just take a sex and gender sociology course, but that sounds miserable, so instead I'm taking a mass communications course.

Not a big deal.

joanna newsom
nico
dorothy ashby

shit taste die in hellfire holy fuck

?
Nico is patrician buddy.

fuck you