Hey guys I've seen this a few times (picture) but how could would it really be...

Hey guys I've seen this a few times (picture) but how could would it really be? I've obviously never tried it but I kinda want too. Anyone who's had it wanna explain what it tastes like/what's the appeal?

Is it really just rice, raw egg, and soy?

Do you mix it all together or try and get egg with each bite?

Is it just a meme? Idk it looks gross but also like it could be really good.

It's 4am here and this has been bugging me all day

Jap ex-wife would do that. Raw or half raw egg white on rice.

You can buy the half raw egg white eggs in a pack of six in the supermarkets and prolly conbinis too. I never tried. Prefer cooked egg white Ty.

No yoke? I always see it with yoke.

And I have chickens I'd rather use those eggs

It could would be sesame and not'nt soy.

Raw egg whites are fucking disgusting

It's good. The hot rice slightly cooks the egg. But it's still slimy. If you like slimy food, it's good. If you don't, you won't. Super simple stuff.

This is making me want to just make ham fried rice. Good, flavorful, and not slimy

It's actually pretty good. You're using hot rice right out of the steamer, and a room temperature egg. The rice and toasted sesame seeds give it a bit of a nutty flavor, and the egg adds a savory component. When break the yolk and mix it all together it just becomes like an eggy rice porridge. It's simple, but filling. Not a bad breakfast at all.

I only eat raw egg whites when I eat anything egg related.

*half cooked egg white and fully raw yoke.
Sorry, I thought that would be clear but if you've never bought it I understand it's not.

Yes.
No.

Why? You're not eating raw egg whites, youre eating it mixed into stuff and its texture is great.

Raw egg is chemically the closest taste to human cum that is widely available. Try it and compare

The yolk is the appeal. White rice dipped in salted egg-yolk is pretty good. Depending on where you live, it's relatively low-risk too, as long as you check the eggs for freshness (

I do this with rice or noodles but usually cook the egg half way. It is very good.

I don't trust raw eggs but it adds an extra creaminess with the noodles. I love making sauce from oystersauce with lots of ginger and then add an eggyolk raw on top.

Yes it's a meme, shits gross man

Is the hot rice supposed to lightly cook the egg when you put it in? That's the only way I can see this being good.

Yes. Use white rice otherwise the texture is off. I like doing this but if you're not a runny yolk kind of guy, you're probably not going to care for this.

This desu
I think lightly poaching the egg would be an improvement. Just to barely cook most of the white before adding. Or if you can sous vide, a 63° egg would be the best choice.

two nukes weren't enough

people eat this in mexico all the time minus the soy and sesame. no big deal. very delicious. maybe carrots and peas in the rice too yeah

I've made it before. The egg will cook into the rice in a slow but sure way, so the flavor is kind of evolving with each bite you take. Your rice or noodles just have to be hot though.

I guess you could do raw egg and cold rice, but, whatever.

It would taste like egg yolk, sesame seeds, and rice.

Weebs need to be gassed, I swear to god.

I had it once, with some finly chipped chives and a TINY bit of soy sauce. I actually enjoyed it quite a lot. I wonder why I never did it again.

The trick is to use freshly cooked rice that's still steaming, and mix it nice.

i made this back in april. it was pretty good but nothing mind blowing. it's a poverty meal that you can dress up to taste.

rice, egg, msg, mirin, soy sauce, bonito flake, shredded seaweed.