If anyone from Carls Jr corporation reads this please save yourself the embarrassment and stay out of La Porte Texas...

If anyone from Carls Jr corporation reads this please save yourself the embarrassment and stay out of La Porte Texas. This be Whataburger and Chic-fil-A country.

here is what happened for the curious
>opened near what a burger, chicfila, taco bell and walmart
>everyone hated it even with coupons
>overpriced disgusting burgers
>closed in 6 months
>now they want to reopen?

Hey Texas guess what, Whataburger is just another average fast food burger chain.

60 to 80 employees for one spot? Do fast food restaurants do this?

ITS APART OF TEXAS CULTURE REEEE. I agree in-n-out has better burgers but there is something about going into whataburger at 4am after riding a motorcycle and getting a coffee and biscuit and gravy. I'm not one of those fanboys who think they are best thing in the world but they deserve some of the praise.

Texan here, you are correct sir.
Nice local newspaper Facebook post.

A lot of those people will be working one shift a week

why are you so mad?

La Porte posters.

It means the door in french

It means niggers in Texas.

They always over estimate to make it sound more appealing. Really it's about half that unless they are open 24 hours and depending on the area and foot traffic. Busy city, you could easily need a staff of 10-15 people at any given time that are cross trained. You don't want people working more than 30 hours so they don't have to pay for Obungocare as the new "fulltime" rate for calculating the number of employees, so you let them each work 3 days a week to keep them under 30 hours even with overtime in necessary. If 24 hours you'll need 3 different shifts of 10-15 people a day... so you are already at minimum of about 30... then split that across the week into 3 day shifts... you could easiliy hit 60 people no problem. Sounds like this will be 24 hour in a fairly busy area.

flyovers get this asspained about their frozen sysco slop

I never understood why this chain had two names, Carl's Jr and Hardees. I believe the name depends on what location you're in, but I've only ever seen them on the road so it's hard for me to remember exactly

either way, I agree. I don't think this place is anything special. there really should be more chick fil a locations instead

Carl's jr. is alright, but the only reason I ever go is because there's one literally one block away. Most of the menu is overpriced, but the California classic burger is alright, especially at $2.50

They don't put nearly enough mayo on their spicy chicken sandwiches so they're super dry. The $5 meal boxes seem like an alright deal, but I don't really want a chocolate chip cookie from a fast food place. Everything else on the menu is too expensive for fast food, so I haven't bothered.

>flyover
>houston
>on the coast

Don't you know it. I can't count the number of times I've heard people saying they're headed to Houston for vacation. But does it matter if the reason I can't count them is because it's 0?

Dunno if op is ronnys burger kid, or what, but I feel obliged to remind Veeky Forums

Hardees got bought out by Carls Jr, and they slowly just replaced the menu items and logo and such. They're the same joint, for all intents and purposes

also this

>driving through Alabama back to Yankee country with dad after Christmas this morning
>dad wants a biscuit
>Stop at Hardee's
>biscuits make me sick so order the only non biscuit thing on the breakfast menu, a breakfast sandwich and some hash browns
>thirty one mother fucking minutes in line
>not a single thing I'm the bag is correct except the hash browns
>double check the receipt, it's right
>hand the cashier back the bag of completely wrong food
>she disappears for another five minutes
>comes back with her manager who proceeds to read back the receipt to me after I've already told her friend four times why it's completely wrong
>they disappear for another five minutes
>they come back with food
>dad said the biscuit sucks
>the bread is either stale or hard from being under a heat lamp for half an hour straight
>tasteless cheese sauce and a single slice of deli cut ham
>hash browns are unsalted
>pull into the parking lot because now I have to piss
>line of ten people waiting inside for their food as well
>could wait another half hour for a refund but it's not worth my time

I will literally never ever set foot in a Carl's Jr or Hardee's for the rest of my fucking life
Awful
I wish there were whataburgers in north Carolina, it's the only thing I really miss

That's not true at all.

Hardees is the original chain that started on the east coast. Carl's Jr. is a Westward expansion project started by the original owner's son in law who wanted a stake in the business.

You're literally wrong.

Hardees
> the first company store was opened in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, in May 1961

Carls Jr
> In 1945, the Karchers moved the short distance to Anaheim, California, and opened their first full-service restaurant, Carl's Drive-In Barbecue
1941 if you count a hotdog cart.
>The company incorporated in 1966 as Carl Karcher Enterprises, Inc (CKE)
>In 1997, CKE Restaurants acquired Hardee's, a restaurant chain with 2,500 locations in the Midwest, South and East Coast regions.

Carl's Jr was first, and bought out Hardees, and slowly rebranded them to be effectively the same chain.
Took me like 15 seconds on google to figure that out, you dumb retard.

so flyover is somewhere that is not a vacation destination now?

It's anything that isn't LA, SF, or NYC.
That's how insecure those people are.

>LA
>not flyover
good one

>being so fat you're offended a fast food place is opening up
Do non-Californian Americans really do this?

Carl's Jr. has the worst french fries
Criss-Cuts are decent though

yes we stay in our home state instead of running to others only to end up ruining them.