Post your scores faggots

post your scores faggots

lets see if anyone here actually reads or if it's all shitposting

51 here. perfectly average...i hope

>using the fake news chart

I haven't visited this board for a while, did that recent english translation of Zettels Traum really cause you guys to meme it onto your 13th place? I can only assume that push of Finnegans Wake had some connections to that aswell.

Also, why do you guys keep bothering to implement anything past the ~50th place? Those have vote counts in the single digit range, I once samefagged an obscure favourite of mine onto the top list of 2013 or so.

Also, where is Der Einzige und sein Eigentum? Did Stirner posting die down?

stop promoting your shitty discord

tfw no Lolita.

that shits old news. try to keep up grampa

I've read 14 but this list is fucking shit lol

0. I win.

I would say you lose the least.

This is hardly a list of quality as much as it a list by popularity combined with some feigned pretension of taste. Nevertheless I have happened to read a few of these. But not as much as someone would guess if they knew me. I have a large library of books, but here's the rub: I don't read books just because they are on the goodreads top 100. I read what interests me plain and simple. For quite some time, as an example, I was reading heavily into early German romanticism and read quite literally hundreds of texts on the topics, none of which are on this list. To read without enjoyment is asinine, and slogging through a top 100 list sounds like torture. Should I start from the top? How ridiculous that would be!

r/books is the other way friend

Used this one for reference. I've read 25.

>actually reads
>genre fiction
Self-serving, false confidence-chasing queen

>genre fiction

the only genre fiction on there is the bible idiot

Stop posting this fake list. Lack of vote counts = unverifiable.

My score on this (real) list is 53.

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums has read and comprehended Finnegan's Wake.

17 so far but I'm working on it!

>BCE
>CE

really hope this is a troll chart

pages left in Mason & Dixon
before end of the evening
>>???
>>Profit

>No Lolita
Every time.

>Alan Moore's Jerusalem over Shakespeare's Hamlet

Dear God

Which genre brainlet?

The other chart is so much better it hurts.

I started reading in april

>>No Lolita
>Every time.

every time

What does Veeky Forums think of Vonnegut? What are some similar books/authors?

>23

I don't read much literature in english (which is very present in the list) compared to other languages, so i was a bit surprised by the number.

I forgot
I'm 19

Why is the bible so high up there? Serious question, not trying to provoke a religious argument.

if you haven't read the bible, you won't understand most of western lit at all

Ulysses is indeed my favorite. And I've read Portrait, Dubliners, Exiles, and Chamber Music.

But anyone who thinks Finnegans Wake is something other than schizophrenic gibberish has fallen for a meme.

is that really true? I mean, I have a general knowledge of the stories and themes it covers, that's really not enough?

How long would it take one to read all of them?

you could easily do 90+ in a year if you just sat down and converted all normiebook netdix shitposting gayming etc. time to reading time

some meme shit like finnegans and zettels and the bible arguably need more time and should be read slowly but those are the weird outliers

What will I have gained by reading all these books? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but your answer will help motivate me in the long-run

Absolutely nothing of value. Reading is only harmful for plebs, especially reading fiction. What you should do is take up farming instead.

I'm at 29 on this one

holy shit this chart is bad

23, but I also spend a significant amount of time reading nonfiction, theory, and contemporary poets so. It makes sense. Still need to read more of these.

that comfy feeling you only get from reading a good book

Age 21
Yeet

>its the same fucking list

is this jewish psyops?

i live in a country where books can be really expensive so it's not so bad at all

how many shakespeare plays justifies counting the complete works? all of them?

what country

I remember this thread. it helped me to establish a base for decent backlog. I think the first book I read from browsing Veeky Forums was The Pale King. I saw it in stores when it was relatively new. a dumb idea and also great preparation for tackling on the mass of complete fucking bullshit that is literature. I also believe I read Naked Lunch some time ago having enjoyed the movie. How in the world do people recommend such trash? i.e: You gotta read Naked Lunch, it is a good book!