pnas.org/content/99/7/4692.full.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mushrooms are earthy.

Because they have dirt on them?
I wouldn't describe a mushroom as earthy

>palpable

>musky
I don't get it.

What does "Earthy" even mean? That it tastes like dirt? Have you tasted dirt? I don't imagine it tastes very good so an Earthy flavour is not a desirable quality in a food unless you're a shiteater, which you probably are if you use the term "Earthy".

Metallic, gritty flavor. Earthy isn't a taste, it's a flavor.

generally do not listen to retarded people when they spout off on what they describe.

I'd describe Haitian dirt biscuits as earthy

Melty

>mouthfeel

How is melty not obvious, my retarded friend? It means the cheese is not solid, but rather between solid and liquid.

is honey melty

>I don't understand it, so it must be retarded!

I can easily point to a few tastes I'd describe as earthy. Green tea? That's pretty earthy. I get the same thing when I make a smoothie with fresh greens like spinach or kale. Some beet (and frankly other root) dishes give off some of the same flavors.

Illiterate: the thread

That one actually is pretty stupid, it isn't even a word

Flavor profile

Why? It's distinct from texture. Carbonation is mouthfeel, spice is mouthfeel, the acid on pineapple is mouthfeel.

do you think dark beer is earthy

>Earthy flavour
how else to describe the taste of fresh radish

Organic
"British Cuisine"

>zesty

I have to claim ignorance here. I'm only familiar with Guinness as a dark beer and I wouldn't describe that as earthy.

Any statement describing food flavors that starts with "hints of". 99% of the time whatever follows "hints of" is nonsense. Wine tasters are the most notorious for this type of fraud. They always list off all these various flavor "hints" but when a normal non-retarded human being tastes it, it just tastes like wine.

>internet trend
youtu.be/aiVFOnWd-lE

>red wine taste like hints of white wine

>foodhack
>epic

>ethnic food
>exotic food

as opposed to non ethnic or non exotic? has western culture saturated the world enough to think anything that doesnt come in cow, chicken, pork on white bread is weird or not normal?
mention that hamburgers, pizza, and hot dogs are ethnic foods and you get butthurt feelings from white people because ethnic to them can subtly mean less than.

doesn't it?

Hints of parsimmon, sandalwood, agave.

get out britfag

Drinkability

See, the drinkability of bleach isn't very high, but still higher than Coors.

I think that elk and deer taste pretty earthy. Have you ever tried that OP?

Peaty whiskeys you fucking idiot

i love this becaause i hate you and you finally understand why

To me, earthy means it kinda tastes like dirt in a good way. In the right context, anything can be good.

This is real. I once made a supreme pizza but minced all the ingredients before putting it on the pizza and baking it. It tasted ok but the texture was so off putting it was terrible.

dirt tastes good

Smell on a cat's head. That's the flavor.

I think you're mixing that up with gamey (or gamy).

In the end, that's the problem with using words like this. However descriptive, it'll be difficult to grasp for people that haven't experienced the flavor. How do you describe blue to someone born blind beyond the scientific description of light and wavelengths? You can't just say "the sky, the ocean" etc. You can't use the dictionary definition. They need a proper context that simply can't be provided without the experience itself.

If I sat OP down with prepared foods that shared an earthy characteristic, I might be able to get him to understand that flavor, and also why a rich variety of words is always to our benefit when we're looking to be precise. Earthy might be similar to a dozen other flavors or characteristics, but it IS unique and thus deserving of its own turn.

But that would entail learning and would rob him of the opportunity to denigrate something he hasn't attempted to understand.

Tips fedora mlday

'Earthy' is a weird mixture of savory, bitter, and aromatic/herbal. Some things in this world have this flavor, such as teas, mushrooms, certain chiles to just name a few. It's a complex flavor, something that it sounds like you have a hard time grasping.
I can only suggest trying more foods. New, strange foods, wonderful foods to expand your horizons. They're calling for you, user.

I used to mock these words. Then I quit smoking and could taste them. So now I get it.

I'd call those grassy. Things with that chlorophyll taste

And Veeky Forums is gonna get mad at the "grassy" description.

What's the point? There's no nutrients in dirt that a human can use.
Eat grass or something that might give you at least something usable.

Umami.

I cringe everytime I hear it in a recipe or food aritcle.

>shit, I don't have a counterpoint but I have to get the last word in
>ahh, my trusty friend the ad hom
k

BL Lime is fucking abhorrent. I have no idea how anyone drinks that shit.

>I have no idea how anyone drinks alcohol + sugar.
Really, no idea at all? I agree it's gross and I'm not defending it, but you're hopelessly clueless if you can't wrap your mind around a sweet "beer" alternative.

Savory?

The mistake you all made was bumping a thread made by the type of retard who has Sam Hyde pictures to post with.

Savory is fine in my book. Throwing umami into the mix just comes across as pretentious

Doneness

What the fuck does it even mean.

The quality of a certain ingredient being cooked to the preferred texture or state, e.g. a steak being cooked to medium-rare, to some considered to be the perfect "doneness".

Are 'sweet', 'sour' or 'bitter' pretentious to you?

>a sweet "beer" alternative

RIP

Haiti is fucked up.
They cut down all their trees to make charcoal for export, the soil washed away and now they are starving, surviving only on food parcels.
All this after murdering the whites and taking control.
Dominicans have to guard their trees with machine guns

Didn't the WHO slaughter all their native pigs because there was a risk they might carry disease and replace them with ones which cost more to feed that a family earned in a year?

Should have spent more than 30 seconds searching...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creole_pig

Where are Haitians originally from? Are they like escaped slaves or something?

what the fuck? Is this actually a trend or did somebody trick this faggot?

That furfaggot putting them on a pizza probably got a lot of upboats on reddit but he thought poisoning himself for a few shekels would be worth it.

Yes they were slaves taken out of Africa, probably Angola. It was originally a wealthy French colony and a paradise on Earth.
The slaves revolted and killed all their captors.
They've developed their own unique culture around voodoo and black magic. It's an interesting place.

So much this.

>there's no nutrients in dirt
Whew, lad......

You try living on dirt and see how well it goes.

means "stale" as in forgotten gym bag reopened after a week "stale"

To be fair, "palpable" is as vague as it gets if you're actually trying to use it descriptively.

niggers are retarded

Moorish. What? it comes from Constantinople?

beetroot is the definitionof earthy.fucking tastelets i swear

the zebras ate all the grass and the lions ate all the zebra. all that's left is dirt.

zing

Wow, that actually makes perfect sense. Thank you, user.

Now I know why it's an aphrodesiac because I love smelly old gym bags. (no homo)

Not surprised this never took off

>musk
This made me crave for musk sticks (Aussie candy) which I haven't had since I was a kid so I looked to see if they still existed and, yup, they do. Checkingt he ingredients i noticed that they're coloured with 'Cochineal'. I didn't know what that is so I looked it up and it's bugs. fucking crushed bugs, and it's in pretty much anything that's coloured red, including lipstick and other make ups. We're eating bugs, people. Rubbing in our faces and eating the fucking things.
I don't want to live on this planet any more.

>vegans drinking caffeinated milkshakes
Does not compute.

>crisp

Whatever you do don't research the demodex.
A class of mite which lives on everyones eyelashes, and other facial follicles. It doesn't even have an anus, when it dies it just decomposes and leaves a lifetimes worth of shit on your face.

U M A M I

Specifically how its used in advertisements

took off big time in Europe, mix of beer and fruit juices is sold everywhere here. Perfect for hot summers, proper lager here is too strong, no amerpiss

Umami is documented the same way as sweet, sour, salty and bitter. The receptors react on L-glutamate. Read a book for shitsakes
pnas.org/content/99/7/4692.full.

radish, beet root, dark beer, pu erh tea, grilled mushrooms, lentils. certain spices or herbs like caraway seeds or bay leafs. all those things are earthy.

Beetroot is epitome of 'earthy' to me.

my beetroot nigga

I'm frustrated because I have a poor understanding of the English language - the thread

Umami isn't real, it's just made up japshit ya mong. Take a shower and have sex ya weeb

>niggers

I got this thread, >toothsome.

>al denty

Take yer head out of yer arse

None of those foods are even related in flavour

radish and beetroot arent related in flavor? are you fucking retarded?

poorfags don't know flavor exists hahahaha

yeah cause obviously every single food feels exactly the same in your mouth, retard

Last time I ate a beet it tasted like coins, not at all earthy.

What on earth are you talking about? Moors we're from southern Spain and Morocco.

>a weird mixture of savory, bitter, and aromatic/herbal

This. It's just a 'dark', deep, rich, complex flavor that hits certain flavor targets (like being savory) while also having a subtle otherwise unpleasant flavor (like being bitter) that complements it.

No, umami is literally pic related