Hi guys, Veeky Forums here. It's my first bulking season and I need lots of protein...

Hi guys, Veeky Forums here. It's my first bulking season and I need lots of protein. My plan is to get none of it from powder/supplements, relying solely on beans, chicken, fish, milk, eggs etc.
Obviously this means that I need to prepare large amounts of chicken at once. So far I've been pan-frying my chicken and I've gotten decent at it, but:
>only have one pan available so can only fry ~ 600 g of chicken breast at once
>only 4 burners on stove, 2 taken by pot with pasta and pan with veggies / sauce, respectively
>don't really want to spend literally twice as long in the kitchen frying the chicken breast 600 g at a time
>don't want to cook each day
What's a good way to prepare chicken breast in the oven? I like mediterranean cuisine. Once in a while I just make chili sin carne and add the chicken in there, too.

Thanks, I love you (no homo).

I'm sure you've probably fallen for the retarded fit meme of eating 2-3 times your daily protein requirements. There is no reason to do that, and you really will only need at the very most 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Even that is high, should be more like 0.8-1.2 grams per pound. There's no way for your body to process amounts of protein higher than that, and maintaining a diet with crazy amounts of protein will eventually only make you unhealthy. You shouldn't have a problem getting your daily protein requirements through rice and beans, chicken, fish, milk, eggs, etc. If you need to make up calories eat a couple extra cups of rice.

To answer your question though, one of my favorite ways to make chicken breasts is by covering them in a honey-siracha sauce, or stuffed with blue cheese and covered in buffalo sauce.

Veeky Forums agrees that 1 gram per pound of bodyweight is enough. Incidentally, what's with mixing metric and imperial units? Goddamn burgers.
>You shouldn't have a problem getting your daily protein requirements through rice and beans, chicken, fish, milk, eggs, etc
That's literally what I said I am doing. I do NOT use protein shakes, I do NOT use protein powder, I do NOT use supplements.

I'm pretty new to cooking in general, I've only gotten gud at pan-frying my chicken because I've been doing it regularly for 4 months now. Do you just lay your chicken pieces on a baking sheet, spread the sauce over them and put them in? What temperature? How long?

Do it in batches, but sear all your chicken titties, put to a baking tray, and then finish them off in the oven. How long? Idk, until they're done?

Oh. Sorry I thought you were implying you'd have to start preparing and eating crazy amounts of those things to be able to get enough protein. I get what you mean.

Get a little olive oil on the chicken, salt and pepper, and bake 4-6 boneless chicken breasts in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, take out and cover with the sauce, bake for another 10 minutes, take out and put more sauce on!
I like spicy so I usually do some version of that, but there are literally millions of ways to bake chicken breasts. I'm sure you'll find some that you like!

The temp can be whatever, but I'd say 400-450 maybe? I don't cook chicken like this at home, only at work and we use a 650 degree pizza oven cause they refuse to fix the other oven in the store.

Gotcha, thanks for the advice! I'll assume the temp is in °F.

What kind of sauce you using?

Yeah, shit I wish I had an oven that had 400 centegrade. I could cook tendies in 10 seconds.

>My plan is to get none of it from powder/supplements
Idiotic. Man up and just buy the powder.

What I've been doing so far is just spicing the chicken breast with salt, pepper, basil, marjoram and oregano, then throwing that in a pan lightly covered with olive oil. ~15-20 minutes per side, done. I usually have a second pan going where I either go
>diced onion + garlic, broccoli, tomatos + more of my herbs
or
>diced onion + garlic, kidney beans, tomatos + whatever is in chili sin carne (I don't know the spices off the top of my head)
Mix all that together in a bowl with rice or wholegrain pasta.

No. 50 € per kg, fuck that.

When you said sauce I thought you meant like tomato or cream, but that makes more sense. Like I said, sear the sides a bit before chucking it in the oven, you'll dirty a pan, but it adds flavor and reduces the cooking time a bit, though depends how many you have to sear before putting it in. We throw the chicken in a watered down marinade after cooking it so it stays moist for a few days.

>chicken
Red meat has more nutritional value

Alternatively, if you just cook it in the oven, you'll free up another pan that you can cook extra veg in.

>I just make chili sin carne and add the chicken in there, too.
So you make chilli con carne

If by nutritional value you mean higher energy content due to the higher fat concentration, yes. It's more expensive than chicken, it's got lower protein per calorie and at low price points, chicken tastes better.

Searing should be a quick process, right? Like 2 minutes at most per side. I guess I can do that, I just dislike how long my current process takes (40 minutes or so for 500 g of chicken breast -- 5 minutes to heat the pan, 15 minutes per side, 5 minutes to clean the pan; rinse and repeat). In the oven I should be able to cook 1 - 1.5 kg in the same time. Again, thanks for the tip.

I'm not a native speaker; I always assumed chili con carne strictly referred to chili with ground meat.

More saturated fat and trans fat for those heart disease gains too

Eh, I think technically chili con carne is like traditional Texas style chili which is just peppers and chunks of beef. But when most people think of chili they think of one with beans in it, so I guess a lot of people would assume chili con carne is a bean chili with meat in it. Usually when chicken is in a chili, it's referred to specifically as a chicken chili.

>he falls for memes

>If by nutritional value you mean higher energy content due to the higher fat
No, i mean it has more stuff in it that your body needs. Meat is more than just protein.

>unironically tricked himself to believe meat and dairy are healthy
darwin award goes to you

What nutritional purpose does saturated fat and trans fat serve? What need is there for them?
2018 and people eat meat for protein, might as well kys yourselves, retards.

I'm fat and trans, you got a problem with that shirtlord

Good. The faster degenerates like trans people die the better.

I don't even have actual chili peppers in mine lmao. What would you call
>kidney beans
>lots of tomatoes (pieces + ground)
>red hot paprika
>ginger
>caraway
>chicken breast
?

Your focussing too much on the fat. Red meat has more vitamins and shit.

Meat IS healthy you unbelievable shitfag.

>shitfag
Whoa calm down kiddo, you don't want me telling your mom you used bad words on the internet. It's probably past your curfew as well.

whey protein = natural yoghurt

deenz and eggs aka fishermans eggs