I boil eggs an then explod

I boil eggs an then explod..
Why??

Probably because you microwaved it. Dont do that.

No i did in metal pan over gas fire

Hmm. Too hot? Try steaming eggs on a steamer insert over rolling boil water for 13 minutes. Works great.

"As the egg heats up, the air inside the bubble expands. As the hot air pushes outwards, it puts pressure onto the shell, making it crack. You can prevent this by making a pin-pick in the bottom rounded end of the egg. This will let the expanding air escape.

You can also prevent cracking by letting eggs come to room temperature before cooking them. Add the eggs to tap water and then apply the heat. Do not add eggs directly into boiling water."

If the shell has a microfracture in it it will split as the white expands while cooking. The best way to avoid this is to start your eggs in cold, salted water, put them on the stove, heat them to boiling with a lid on them, let them boil for 2 minutes (3 minutes for very large eggs) then kill the heat and leave lidded for 10 minutes to finish. Starting them this way lets you put the eggs gently into cold water, which will cradle them and prevent microfractures in the shell, instead of having to drop them into boiling or hot water and risk the crack. Also the come out very tender and without all that green shit on the yolk.

You put the eggs in boiling water instead of bring them to temp with the water didnt you?

Aah isee they were soon from the the fridge
thank you
Yea,I now know not to do that.
A big thanks all of you!
Tge eggs were not wasted btw,justa bit less good

Put the eggs in, bring to a rolling boil, remove from heat and let sit covered 10 minutes. Pull out and plunge in icewater for 30 minutes. Perfect hard boiled eggs every time.

this homies

real talk, is the one on the left a mini potato

Why do American eggshells are white and in Europe they are brown?

It depends on the color of the chicken. It is like milk. The black cows make the chocolate milk.

>USA
>white
>Europe
>muslim shitskins
really makes me think

Question; does steaming make the eggs easier to peel than boiling them?

I boil eggs for 17 min on high heat, run pot under cold water for a min, then peel while they're still warm. Comes out perfect every time

mfw people eat hardboiled eggs EVER when soft boiled eggs are 100x better

>plunge in icewater for 30 minutes
two or three minutes would be plenty ...

Mostly need them for certain recipes. Picled eggs, deviled eggs, egg salad, cobb salad, etc.

Also much longer fridge life. I do love me soft boiled or poached though.

>Really makes me think

No it doesn't fuckwad, you're just another racist child on Veeky Forums, I bet your two tooth daddy is proud.

>does steaming make the eggs easier to peel than boiling them?
No. Eggs are hard to peel when they are too fresh. Let an egg sit a week or ten days at room temperature and it wll be much easier to peel. It will also taste better, at least if you have a non-American, unwashed egg that keeps outside the fridge.

I used to only do a few minutes but they peel even easier if you get them cold to the core.

the fact is that the temperature changed too quickly, you need to bring he egs to room temp, or start heating the cold water w/ the eggs init SLOWLY

Symbolic of white supremacy, eggs be raysis

In Sweden every egg is printed with a quote from the quran

How do I make boiled eggs easier to peel?

As someone already said the easiest way is to let them sit around for at least a week before boiling them. The older the egg the easier it is to peel. Also if you need cold eggs give them an ice bath after cooking instead of letting them cool at room temp(keep in mind that they will also continue cooking if you just leave them alone after taking them out of the hot water)

Too hot, too quick.

Steam them next time.

a little baking soda in your water before boiling will release the shells a treat

Press and roll it on the counter, or do

you dont

I crack them like I'm about to crack a raw egg, but I then gently squeeze the egg under water to get water between the shell and boiled egg inside.

It works super well, big pieces of shell flake right off.

too much water

Simmer with a splash of vinegar and a fair bit of salt.

Immediately immerse in iced water when cooked. Once cooled, gently tap the air pocket (smaller end) until it lightly cracks, then gently roll it until cracks are all around. Carefully peel under running water.

everyone here is an idiot OP

just heavily salt the water and be careful with the eggs

you sir are a revolutionary

killing egg pleoples no god, no mor

>mfw this is actually true

I always do this, but I don't use enough water to cover the eggs. Is that why mine come just fine?

who knew that there was an application for foods cooked at certain temps...absolutely wild.

>ten days
HOW TO MAKE EGGS EZ 2 PEEL IN LESS THAN TWO MINUTES:
>pour out boiling water from your egg kettle
>let eggs sit for 15-30 seconds in the kettle so the leftover water evaporates from the shells
>apply cold water (the colder the better)
There you go.

You bought cracked eggs or you ctacked them

This is what I do but sometimes they still don't peel easily, the membrane layer or whatever between the egg white and shell is stuck and I end up losing like 20% of the egg white. Last time I made boiled eggs I just cracked the shell harder and it seemed to help, so that might've just been the issue.

did you use water?

How hot was the boiling water?

i poke a hole in them