Cast Iron Pizza - 2 days of fridge

This story began 3 days ago when the dough was formed. Today we took out the refrigerator half that had been part of the original.

Will the dough hold up after being cooled so much? Will this become an al/ck/ thread because I've had 8 natty lights?

Find out on this episode of cast iron pizza world, Florida edition.

>pic related from 1st run

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/01/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe.html#comments-35866
slice.seriouseats.com/2013/01/the-pizza-lab-the-worlds-easiest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza-slideshow.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The dough had been in a large container to give it room to rise. It has been 2 days since it was put in a cold fridge.

The above freezing temp has allowed for a slow rise in fridge. The bottom of this thing looks like coral which should be good. Additionally, i have allowed this thing to rise for 8 hours at room temp *68f.

I vaguely remember this. There's been a lot of al/ck/ and football shitposting in the meantime. Keep going drunk pizza guy.

god no christ not another one jesus please god just make normal pizza fuck

Prep area.
Greens are beyond an after thought this time.

Pepperoni increased.
Picante provolone added.
Garlic remains.
Marinara choice.

We are going in the oven at 500f+
14min this time, last time we finished on stove top to ensure good crust. I think more time in oven will work better here.

We had the same day, user.
Hope your teams won if they were also mine.

That's a lot of 'roni, bro...

Pizza dough is best after it's been sitting in fridge for several days. Looking forward to seeing where this thread goes. :D

14mins at 500f+ and we are out!
I am again letting the stovetop work it a bit more, but looks flippin great my friends.

Silicone spatula is essential here.

looks fucking delicious

Maybe better than first run.

My body feels ready.

FUCKIN A JAGS

I want to share this with all you anons. Even the memelord contrarians, but no doggo. Get rekt doggo.

enjoy my dude, nice dog too

Cross section. Money shot. Airy leavened perfection. Crispy, crunchy thin crust on bottom.

This dough recipe is hands-off, no-knead. We can all have this perfection as long as we have good ingredients and patience. Cast iron pans are far from hipster nonsense. Anyone who says so is shilling for the local kohl's reject cookware section.

My next attempt will be focaccia bread, sometime soon.

I can post a full recipe if anyone wants for this.

Please do cause that looks heavenly

My borty porty bally

Post it

WHERE I LEARNED THIS -
straightforward, measurements version:
seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/01/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe.html#comments-35866

USE THIS MOSTLY THOUGH:
slice.seriouseats.com/2013/01/the-pizza-lab-the-worlds-easiest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza-slideshow.html

What I've learned is that you need some understanding of dough before being able to get a great finished pie.

-bake with hot oven, as hot as it will go
- time, at least 12 hrs for initial rise, more if your ambient kitchen is below 70f.
- cooler environments and more time equal better pizza
- dont abuse the dough ever, treat it like its fragile and it will stay so airy
- use only quality ingredients for all parts
- on the second rise(in pan) let it go longer, 4hrs+, unless you are in an african mudhut at 95f.
- have a cast iron pan, silicone spatula, large mixing bowl, cheesecloth, plastic wrap. Seal tightly when rising, cover with cloth of some kind when rising in pan.
- dont be discouraged by a wet dough, it is supposed to be nearly impossibly wet when transfering from mixing bowl to counter for shaping
- dont even bother if you have gluten probs, you will die. This stuff forms mega gluten webs and it's beautiful.

Please help jog my brain with questions!