Start cooking salmon

>start cooking salmon
>see all this white gunk show up after I cook it
>think its part of the meal and eat it not realizing the truth

is salmon fillets the best when it comes to affordable frozen fish?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.khymos.org/2014/01/05/brining-salmon-to-avoid-white-exudate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the truth?

Its just protein byproduct. youre not really supposed to eat it, but I thought it was some kind of sauce that boiled with the salmon

What the fuck is that, I have never see this when cooking salmon.

No its the fat. Fatty fish has fat. Wow

this is gross ive never seen this shit in my life

I used to think it was fat.
It's the protein myosin.

will it give me thick loads?

Holy hell thats a ton of the white stuff. I've never seen a piece of salmon come out with that much on it.

Its salmon jizz xDDDDDDD

its the closest i can get to eating cum that isnt my own

epic

Literally never seen that in my entire life and I eat every few days for years, get the fuck out of here you god damn freak, stop posting this on a SFW board

Lower the temp or reduce the cooking time, or both.
Problem solved.

>not enjoying a thicc load of salmon cum
Why live?

We have a winner.

Basically it's the protein that's squeezed out of the flesh when salmon is exposed to rapid high heat cooking.

Basically you have to brine it first to keep the protein from leaking out.

blog.khymos.org/2014/01/05/brining-salmon-to-avoid-white-exudate/

is this why women love salmon?

This. Also make sure you buy wild salmon. Farmed salmon seems to do this more, for some reason. Probably has to do with overfeeding for growth.

the frozen salmon fillets i buy say 375F @ 12min once thawed. Whats the alternative? 350? 375 at 8 minutes?

Washingtonian here, i have been living in Washington for all my life and have ate countless fresh salmon and caught probably 100+ myself (Big fishing family) and that's pretty normal, although usually there isn't so much of it. I find all the salmon i ate had about half that white stuff, and what did come out was very flavorful.

The white stuff means its overcooked.

I am making salmon tonight for dinner. I plan on coating them with a seasoned flour before I pan sear them and finish them off in the oven.

I always make a topping to go with it out of tomato, mushroom, scallion with white wine butter and lemon.

I just sear the fish in a bit of oil and put it in the oven just to finish off the cooking inside.

Take it out as soon as or before you see that white stuff coming out.

Next time do 10 mins at 350. Post results.

>Take it out as soon as or before you see that white stuff coming out.
/thread

will do, i'm making another batch tonight

invite me

So I guess I'm not the only one here who goes to that blog. I was going to link it if anyone commented on my comment.
I go through 200-300 pounds of sockeye or coho a week and 150-200 pounds of chum a week. Very little exudate in the sockeye/coho. Quite a bit more in the chum. Frozen/thaw and fresh doesn't seem to make a difference.

Can you make a sauce from it though?

Gotta admit it is a handy blog for general food stuff. Interesting note there about the chum. i guess because the protein chains are broken it allows the albumen to leak out more easily?

its white but firm, kinda like melted motzarella in consistency. if you cut it it slices clean, its mostly tasteless

>motzarella

>baking salmon

whats the best way to do it

slap that shit in a pan with butter

Post pics.

I'll slap you with a pan of butter