Beer Thread

Post good beers.

Had this earlier and it was bretty great.

yeah I love disgusting piss water too
better do my part and enjoy my liquid social lubricant even though it tastes like shit mmmmmmm

I thought about getting this the other day. I might have to pick some up. I've been drinking pic related lately.

Good stuff.

It's real nice to drink after a long day, and I usually don't like bocks.

Anyone know some good beers in the Fort Wayne area? I'll be there by the end of the week.

>Cans
>Not buy thing 42 oz.
It's like you don't want TWO (2) extra ounces of premium malt liquor.

>not buy thing
*not buying
I think I had a stroke.

This wonderful beer tastes like a beautiful spring meadow, golden raisins, and a vague, inexplicably happy, childhood memory

them cans stay cold and fizzy for me, and i can afford the expensive luxury of canned steelies

Had one of these last night, holy fuck that's a good stout. Can't taste the alcohol at all, crazy rich and smooth, no overpowering chocolate or coffee, just a great no-nonsense stout. Once this above freezing weather stops I'll be alllll over the rest of my 4-pack

I want to get more into Three Floyd's. I've had Zombie Dust and Alpha King, loved both. Where do I go from there?

The only beer I really care for. 10% or gtfo

any of their bombers are typically at least pretty awesome. Arctic panzerwolf and permanent funeral are some of my favorites. their rarer releases are the tits but hard to come by.

check out triple barrel baptist if you can find it, shit is incredible

This beer from Cuba is the best I’ve had

Honestly, big let down, wasn't as good as I expected.

I feel like this beer is unappreciated/underrated. I like the aroma and the balance in flavor notes.

This is one of my favourites, and coincidentally I live about 5 minutes away from the brewery.

Moo Brew single hop

Don't even touch me.

my favourite. i once went to a tour at the brewery, was very interesting and at the end you could drink as much as you want from all their products

I like this beer a lot. It's for when I don't want to try something new and just want a 6 pack of something good and reliable that isn't crazy. What do you call that kind of beer?

Looks tasty user.

Good shit.

I've been meaning to try this. Their special releases are usually pretty damn good

Sour beers with lacitic acid bacteria, these 4 are the best I ever drank and if they weren't so expensive I'd drink them every day

for the past year I'm obsessed with Grimbergen

I guess it's not a small brewery nor a craft beer but omg it's so fucking great

I lived in France for a year and for some reason Grimbergen was the only decent beer available practically anywhere. Fortunately I was in wine country and most cheap table wines were better than the moderately priced stuff back home.

very tasty

Just drank a blueberry beer
started out impressed, left disgusted

don't tell me it was wild blue

Green bottles makes beer stink

Soft and easy drinking pale ale!

a go-to beer? an everyday drinker? a standby?

How so? Is it the glass or the light that permeates through? Im genuinely interested in how that is.

Tripel Karmeliet
>correct

let me go ahead and start this thread off the way it was supposed to so the next 200 posts won't suck asshole.

>captchka
>V1 UNSUPPORTED Please direct siteowner to g.co/recaptchka/upgrade

Hell yeah. Had one of these with dinner just now

>in the mood for a good czech style pilsner but will settle for a decent lager
>go to the beer aisle in the grocery store
>IPA extra IPA winter IPA belgian IPA IPAIPAIPAIPA

Someone get these hopheads out of here.

based
my fav beer

i do really like belgian ipas

cans > bottles

I have no problem finding good craft lagers

I honestly think that the flagship Amber Lager that most craft brewers seem to have is usually better than their IPAs

I agree. I find cans more aesthetically pleasing too.

What are some good beers in the boston area?

Is there a reason bars usually serve Tecate out of cans rather than bottles?

Cans are easier to store. Bottles can break and take up more space. They also might get a deal on cans vs bottles. They could also just prefer cans

a lot of hipster bars seem to serve cans rather than bottles

I don't blame them, they're more practical.

Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat. Wit beers are my favorites, with sours being a close second.

anyone tried the aldi house brand beers?
suggestions?

marry me for citizenship, Scandibro!

Highly recommended, IMO summit is a consistently good brewery with great seasonals and special releases. Only thing I didn't love was the 30th anniversary barleywine, but I haven't tried it aged

All I've been wanting to drink lately are all the lagers this state has been pumping out. They're too damn good. I'll pick up a pack of the summit when I hit up the liquor store later. Stoked to have the Keller pils in my fridge year round soon though

I'm not huge on lagers in the winter, but Bent Paddle's releasing a doppelbock next week that I'm pretty excited for. Definitely excited to get more keller pils soon

An off flavor characterized by a sulfuric, skunky aroma, typically due to a reaction between hops’ alpha acids and sulfur compounds in the presence of sunlight or electric light, indicating the presence of 3-methyl-2-butene-thiol. Clear, green and blue bottles are most at risk for lightstruck flavors. Also called "skunky."

Trying a crowler of this on a whim. Pretty old school dipa. Really well done though. Would happily buy again. Reminds me of a better version of hop stoopid desu.

Why do American beers have such retarded names and labels? It's tacky.

Like what

Colt forty five.
And some corked beer In Canada.

What a fucking cunt you two are class bottles are better.

I'm having Andy gator for the first time. It's p tasty

Ah yes, their IPAs are good for casual drinking.

Any Danefags around?

I'm not Danish, but here in North America my liqour stores sometimes sells beers from a Danish microbrewery called Amager Bryghus.

I've only had 2 beers from them, but this one was very solid.

Any of the other MNfags here try Summit's IPA collection yet? Not sure if I should take the gamble, I've never been huge on their IPAs besides Saga

Got some new stuff tonight to drink that i wanted to try for some time now!

Ok ipa, expected more!

If it's the regular tru brit and red horizon pack it's okay. Their red ipa is actually pretty good. So is Bad Weather's

Citra Ass Down is very good, and 35k is enjoyable enough
Never seen that one in my parts though, sadly

Had this one last night, it was pretty odd.

Any Canadians in here?

Europe makes craft beer like that too, you dumbass

Went to Vancouver over the New Years (from Ohio). The beer was terrible, everything was below 6%. Only beer that was enjoyable was Fat Tug. Gah

I just drank a Coors Light last night for the first time in a while and I was pleased, I'm not a fan of that style of beer, but I think Coors Light is the best example of it. I can see myself drinking it if I'm at a barbecue and it's hot out.

Bud Light just tasted like seltzer mixed with Budweiser, I wonder how it's more popular than Coors Light or Budweiser

I'm not sure if you're a snob or just an alcoholic

fat tug is so fucking good

maybe

IPA is such a shit style

Stop drinking California IPA

One can be an alcoholic snob

>Troegs
Oh cool, I actually took a tasting tour of their brewery when I was in Hershey, Pa. Was pretty neat for $5. Got to sample a few beers and even got a free pint glass.

Thoughts?

Something about that bite that a genuine Belgian Ale brings is unbeatable. it's the perfect pairing for an American meat based meal.

Back to budweiser for you

good

sours are worse

I love that Delirium has become popular. I see it in all my local beer stores and even at convenience stores. I just wish it wasnt so pricey.

BevMo FINALLY got this in. Worth the wait. Worth the $16 for the six-pack.

Damn. Looks good user.

great stuff

How could this *keep happening to me

I think my friend just puked about $150 worth of irreplaceable beer into the passenger door of my caddilac.

This is why you should never be drunk at a bottle share.

Amazing stuff though, wish I was in the States right now.

>friend, we left alot on the table

These two are actually a real treat for me.

I went to a bottle share once and it destroyed my stomach. Can't blame the guy. It all still tasted good going down though

My mom did this to the last bottle of Barleywine Style Ale in the fucking city that I could have possibly found and that I hadn't had yet. Made with dates and figs and shit, cost almost $20, and drank $30 worth of beers and wasted half of it that she couldn't finish. I'll never forgive the person.
Expedition Stout and Bigfoot Ale Very fucking nice...

No no it's not that, they're discontinuing true brit and red horizon. This one is Saga with three new IPAs

Ah sad. Red horizon never got the appreciation it deserved imo. True brit was whatever