Chef John makes a go'za' video

Every day we stray further from god

is that a bread dip?

>come closer to

fixed that for you fag.

>The biggest problem with Chicago-style deep dish pizza, especially for a New Yorker, is that it’s called “pizza.”
>even admits ny style is better in the video

I don't see a problem here.

I live in Illinois and think deep dish pizza is perfect, the best pizza is eaten with a fork.

Pic related, some old shit pic of deepdish I made.

>It is impossible for me to retake a photo if it looks like shit/ turn on the lights to take a better photo
why is everybody on ck absolutely retarded with cameras?

really fucking great photo you took there buddy. I can clearly see everything that's going on

Have another.

It's been a few years since I bothered making deep dish, I don't even know when these pictures were taken.

It's hard to get good photos when living in a shithole warzone.

t. Hoosier.

Actually analyzing my own pic, this stove top was 2 stoves ago, and that appears to be a wireless landline phone to the left.

I think this picture is 8 years old.

If you can't eat it with your hands comfortably it's not a fuckign pizza, if if it tells you it is it's fucking lying.

>pizza

Deep dish is better, but I'll eat and love pretty much any pizza.

are you even going to post a link you incompetent faggot

>needing a link to Veeky Forums's mascot

Cmon now.

I love chef john but that pic is embarrassing. The outer crust of deep dish pizza should be thin and crunchy, not a punching breadstick ring. Don't even want to watch the video.

>Don't even want to watch the video.
You should because he addresses that.

disgusting

>goatsed a brainlet wojak
You should be ashamed.

>It's been a few years since I bothered making deep dish
>deep dish pizza is perfect
Yeah, I was going to try Chef John's recipe, but this testimonial has brought me back to reality.

Aren't these just an excuse to use even more cheese?

Oh shit I'm going to order some tomorrow

>Flyovers and New Yorkers that have never left the city think there is only one way to do something

This isn't a thing people that travel argue over

Yes they are, but you have to remember and understand, these are mutts cooking, it's all they really know

hey everyone, look at this guy! he TRAVELS!!! ooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I could probably eat that. It'd take a while, though.

okay cool thanks for the link

Chicagoan here, his crust looks like absolute ass

Ha, you are like little baby, watch this.

That's a casserole

If you're too retarded to find the video when you have all the information you could possibly need then you don't belong here.

He says in the video you usually trim off the excess dough before cooking and can use that to cook whatever after, but that he personally prefers to fold it over to have extra crust to use with the center parts if needed

How does one man manage to fuck up so many 100 year old recipes?

Fixed his photo for you user

It looks like he really didn't do a good job, all the Chicago soup bowl 'zas I've seen usually stay together and look great, his just fell apart even after he let it cool and the fucker ate it with a fork. First time I'm really disappointed in potato head John

>fuck up
I gotta see this

Any deep dish turns to slop if you don't let it cool long enough for the cheese to congeal (which doesn't mean it's innedible, just not as photogenic as something like which has probably been out of the oven for closer to 20 minutes). It's not any fault of his.

The minute the video popped up in my feed I knew there was already a dedicated thread for it here. Never change Veeky Forums
I was surprised that he went for the fresh mozzarella crumbled into the bottom cheese layer, since the entire point of the inverted sauce layer for Go'za is to keep moist toppings away from the bottom crust to prevent it from sogging out. I'm also surprised he added no spices such as crushed red pepper flakes, basil, or oregano (not even any CAYENNE) to the dough or sprinkled over the crust after oiling it up for the oven.

Wouldn't it be redundant since he puts all those in his sauce anyways?

Though yes, the lack of cayenne was shocking

If there is anything I've learned by watching chef john, it is that you cayenne to taste throughout the cooking process.

>I'm also surprised he added no spices such as crushed red pepper flakes, basil, or oregano (not even any CAYENNE)

It's all in the sauce. He notes he uses HIS pizza sauce recipe. If you click the link that shows his pizza sauce recipe, you'll see that

Looked really good, made me want to try. Least you can cook this at home with your basic oven and equipment and don't need a fucking unglazed stone and a giant paddle to cook.

What's wrong with his speech? Why does he inflect his words like that? Does he sound like this in all his videos?

>le spread butthole man

still looks assy regardless

That's pan pizza, not deep dish fyi

why woulnd't you just eat a Sicilian pie and call it a day?