ITT Pasta Recipes

bring on your best spaghet recipes

Bacons. Needs I saysas mores?

Bolognese and never look back.

This is basically just a pesto but instead you replace pine nuts with pistachio's and you hand grind it with a mortar for more robust flavor.
Apart from the hand grinding it, it's very quick to make.

simple:
>medium heat
>olive oil in pan
>onions + salt
>sweat 5 minutes
>garlic
>saute 1 minute
>chili flakes
>saute 1 more minute
>whole san marzano tomatoes run through food mill(or passata)
>heat through
>add basil
>finish with extra virgin olive oil
>serve with spaghetti
slightly less simple:
>medium high heat
>olive oil in pan
>brown meat of choice
>remove
>turn heat down to medium
>onions + salt
>sweat 5 minutes
>add some butter or more olive oil if you need more fat
>garlic
>saute 1 minute
>chili flake + tomato paste + worcestershire sauce + balsamic vinegar
>saute 1 more minute
>deglaze pan with red wine
>add meat back to pan
>whole san marzano tomatoes run through a food mill (or passata)
>chicken stock
>thyme
>sage
>crank up heat
>bring to a simmer
>lower heat
>simmer for about an hour, or until desired consistency is reached
>finish with butter
>serve with rigatoni or fresh fresh flat pasta
Those are my go-to tomato sauces.

reddit

i crush up some jars of home canned tomatoes and roast them in a clay pot in my oven all day with garlic onion and carrots, stirring every 30 mins or so
when it's the right consistency i remove the onion and carrots and add evoo and fresh chopped basil and stir it into some fresh cooked hot pasta, grate some parm on top and wala
if i'm really feeling it i'll do a chicken or veal parm also but only if i can get my hands on buffalo mozz

not spaghetti, but still delicious
>boil pasta for roughly 1-3 minutes, stirring frequently to keep it separated
>in a frying pan, cook 8 cloves of garlic (cut into thin slivers) in olive oil on medium heat until it starts to turn golden
>add roughly 1/4 cup of fresh parsley (or more to your taste) to the garlic, then the freshly boiled pasta
>lower the heat slightly and continually stir for a minute or two. add the juice of one lemon, and salt & pepper to taste
>once you get a great flavor, plate the pasta and enjoy

This is the only recipe you'll ever need

>ketchup
>noodles
>kraft cheddar cheese
Can't go wrong with that.

correct

Add a teaspoon of vegemite to any tomato based dish and it will have the same effect as adding a teaspoon of msg.
Because it basically is.

I always get a kick out of 'Jesus in a sidecar'

Soy sauce and fish sauces(including worcestershire sauce) produce the same effect.

posted this the other day in another thread. Carbonara recipe.

Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Render the fat from 1/3lb of thin sliced bacon, set aside the cooked bacon bits and lightly brown six sliced up cloves of garlic.

Put 1lb al dente cooked spaghetti directly into the pan with the oil and fat mixture (I mean straight in, after you drain the pasta in a colander, toss it straight in while it is still dripping and steaming) and mix it around to coat for two minutes.

Remove the pan with the spaghetti from the heat and add your mixture of three eggs, one additional egg yolk and 1.5 cups of grated parmesan (You will have grated the parmesan fine and whisked it into the egg mixture until it is creamy and without lumps while your pasta or bacon is cooking), add in your bacon, mix and garnish with fresh parsley.

Then serve. Done and delicious. Pic related it closeup.

Also forgot, add pepper to taste obviously. When I make carbonara, I go light on the pepper so that the people I serve can add more on their own to their liking. You can always add more, but you can never take it away once it's in.

Also it is best served with grated pecorino romano cheese in my opinion. The pecorino is saltier than the parmesan and gives the dish a little boost. I always put some out when I serve carbonara.

Step 1: put two slices of bread in toaster.
Step 2: open can of spaghett and empty contents into plate.
Step 3: put plate in microwave and heat on high for 90 secs.
Step 4: toast should be ready now so butter one slice and cut in half. Leave other slice unbuttered.
Step 5: beep
Step 6: take sketti out of microwave and carefully slide unbuttered piece of toast under hot spaghetti while using fork to shovel the sketti over and onto the toast.
Step 7: place two buttered toast halves on either side of plate.
Step 8: serve.

Enjoy delicious sketti on toast.

>bacon
No.
>no romano
NO

>No romano

Relax, I forgot to mention that I serve this pasta with pecorino romano on the side. If I used it instead of parmesan in the cheese mix, I find it's a little salty. And I want the flavor of the parmesan.

>bacon

Recipe calls for pancetta, which is basically smoked italian bacon. Trust me, bacon is fine.

Have some cookies to relax, friend.

>i crush up some jars of home canned tomatoes and roast them in a clay pot in my oven all day with garlic onion and carrots
What sorta time/temp are we talking here? I was planning on spending a few hours on my pasta tomorrow and this sounds really good.

one pot pasta recipes wy@

>those big pieces of basil
Looks like you can't actually use a mortar and pestle or you're using a basil that's too hard. Either way, good idea, bad result.

>fry 100 grams of diced pancetta or bacon
>add a chopped onion and a chopped red pepper
>after about 5 mins add a can of tomatoes
>let simmer and thicken for about 30 mins
g o a t

>olive oil
no need, bacon renders much more fat than guanciale or pancetta
>six cloves of garlic
oh boy, I'm not gonna tell you garlic doesn't belong in a carbonara (it doesn't), but six cloves for 1lb of pasta? You're not making garlic-and-oil.
>finely grated parmesan
nice touch, expecially since you're usign parmesan which is harder than pecorino, it being finely grated helps a lot.
>parsley
no thank you, don't fall for the "garnish" meme. Parsley doesn't belong in carbonara

Other than than, great recipe. Eggs got the right thickness from the looks of it.

>inb4 some retard says you're a bitter judgmental asshole because you gave someone advice
>all that text
>no replies
off yourself

maybe 5-6 hours at 300-325?

fun fact, this is called amatriciana by most italians, despite real amatriciana being absolutely without onions, and with romano.
Here's a recipe with things usually already in the kitchen of anyone interested in italian recipes. The base is just onions and canned tuna, and it can accomodate many more ingredients.
>Cut half an onion in very thin slices
>Throw in a large pan with 2 tbsp of extravirgin olive oil, medium heat
>add a chopped chilli pepper
>meanwhile, boil half a pound spaghetti
>cook until onion is lightly coloured
>add 4 chopped sundried tomatoes and chopped olives to taste
>add a couple spoons of pasta-water to the pan and reserve some more (say, a cup)
>add a small can of tuna (without its oil) and a generous amount of parsley when spaghetti are al dente
>drain spaghetti al dente and put them in the pan. Add some reserved pasta water if needed. Toss for a minute.
>Add a spoon of extravirgin olive oil
>serve, garnish with toasted breadcrumbs and more parsley

have more toasted breadcrumbs for your guest to use exactly as much as he wants

can I add sardines instead of tuna?

>not spaghetti
But what if you use spaghetti

>take a large amount of spinach w/ just water clinging from leaves and heat in pan until wilted
>drain water, place spinach in food processor and grind to paste
>melt butter in saucepan, place spinach paste and ~1 cup of milk and mix under med-low heat until thickened. If having trouble thickening then add a bit of flour
>mix in salt & cracked white pepper to taste
>tastes best with farfalle pasta and a lot of parmigiano reggiano