waffle fries

The classic style I guess.

what the fuck is poutine

are you blind or just retarded?

is is meat? cheese? what the fuck

cubed whale fat and potatoes

Neither, retard.

Doesnt always have to be whale fat

Some non-traditional ones like mcdonalds use cubed beef lard.

The one that turns Canada into a radioactive wasteland for it's crime against food!

why the fuck would anyone eat fat?

It's not fat it's cheese curds

retard

visited a few breweries in colorado springs last year. one of the breweries had a food truck out front. he had fucken awesome poutine

no, you're the retard. It's fries, gravy and chess curds.

this shit is just overrated right?
i mean its fucken fries and gravy and cheese

its good yes

But also HIGHLY overrated and people sperg if you make it "wrong"

They sperg out when people think it's acceptable to make it with mozzarella cheese instead of cheese curds.

Best poutine I ever had was in Quebec, the curds were fresh so they squeaked when I chewed them even half-melted. Too bad I had to go to Quebec to experience it

>Best poutine I ever had was in Quebec
>Best place that invented poutine had the best poutine
You're welcome

>this guy sperging out about poutine in response to a comment about people sperging out about poutine

>leaf

hot chicken w/peas is bretty baller when hungover smoked meat poutine is also bretty good heretical but tasty

You'd have to be French to ever describe Quebec as "best place." The food is the only thing from there that's any good, I like Pakis fresh off the banana boat better than a Frenchy

Of course you do Sanjay.

Poutine Sushi of course.

This is Hawaiian as fuck.

Top 3
>classic when not made by a fucktard
>duck and goat cheese
>foie gras

>tfw le main went to shit like 5 years ago when the original owner died
Their poutine used to be so good

>le main
the main you savage it was jewish owned and why the fuck would you get poutine there

You haven't tried real poutine until you come visit Quebec. We are the creators of this dish and I invite all of you to come to Montreal and taste our poutines. Fast food chain "La Belle Province" has amazing poutines, if you're ever visiting.

I had poutine for the first time last year when I went to Calgary for the stampede and there were some amazing places I had it and I think my favorite was at ranchmans. That was also when I was most drunk so I could be wrong.

>going to Quebec
No amount of poutine is worth that.

>belle pro
>amazing
It's not terrible but it's sure as shit not amazing either.

>implying Quebec isn't the definitive Canadian culture

Montreal's full of hipsters but otherwise shit's lit senpai

i went to quebec city this past summer and its one of the coolest cities i have been to (minus the tourist shit)

>definitive Canadian culture
Pretending to be French?

>tfw anglo from ontario
>tfw get side-eyed from french toad people in Montreal for speaking english
>tfw francos hate us for speaking english

fucking toadboys, Montreal is wasted on the french

Considering poutine is drunk food, you probably weren't wrong.

Something canadians eat. You're posting in a leaf thread. Gas the rakes, syrup war now.

I'm from Shawinigan, there are tons of restaurants with poutines much better than 'La belle Province'

If you go to Montreal and have poutine at La Belle Pro then you're a fucking retard.

Poutine at Dirty Dogs, Romado's, and La Banquise are all much better.

I wonder if there's a poutine places just named Vladimir.

>hurr do I fit in guize?

yeah in montreal!

slim fries, thick gravy, fresh cheese curds
bacon, ground beef, roasted onions
chipotle mayonnaise

I'm not going to argue that poutine isn't delicious but these sort of dishes, along with carne asada fries and irish nachos all seem kinda silly to me.

I'd much rather have non soggy potatoes with the right amount of salt.

I'd much rather have that gravy on mashed potatoes.

I'd much rather have those cheese curds deep fried on their own.

I'd much rather have fried cheese curds, fries or tater tots or mashed potatoes and gravy and an actual main dish.

and you carne asada fries fags, have you ever heard of nachos? get fucking tacos and a side of chips and salsa.

Or you can clusterfuck a random $3 combo of those ingredients and charge $10-15 for it.

I had duck and foie gras poutine that was some of the best shit I've ever put in my mouth

Nice post number.

Also was it at Au Pied de Cochon?

>fitting in to a leaf thread
No, I don't mean to fit in. I mean to destroy them. Hopefully before JUSTin "Bottom" Trudeau finds a way to make the world gayer than it already is.

never had it, no one makes it here

Yeah! Several years ago at the Intercontinental in Buckhead. Absolutely loved that place. Miss it terribly.

I live 8 minutes walking away from there, it fucking rules. Every time my roommate's brother comes to town the 3 of us shell out there.

Can't remember the last time I was so jealous. Have some for me the next time you're there

If you have fries, put some moz cheese on them, and some gravy, is that poutine? Or is poutine not poutine without it being cheese curds?

I live in NJ and I want to make poutine. What if I got some fries, some cheese curds and some shitty canned gravy and put them all together? Is that right? Or is there some kind of beaver secret I should know?

>Fast food chain "La Belle Province"
I live in mtl and genuinely this is one of my least favourite poutines

honestly even the ones you grab at the metro have better fries imo. Big fan of Frites Alors tho

>Dirty Dogs
their "regular" size is obscene, almost american in scale. I ordered one and could barely finish

>Or is poutine not poutine without it being cheese curds?
This.
Mozzarella doesn't have the correct texture.

>What if I got some fries, some cheese curds and some shitty canned gravy and put them all together? Is that right?
This is fine.

>Or is there some kind of beaver secret
The only secret is that the curd ought to be fresh, it should squeak when you bite into it

>You haven't tried real poutine.

LITERALLY A FUCKIN HUNDRED OTHER PLACES MAKE IT THE EXACT FUCKIN SAME WITH THE EXACT SAME FUCKIN INGRIDIENTS, JUST FUCKIN SEPERATE ALREADY WE DON'T WANT YOU.

>tfw I live in Maine and can get great poutine whenever
Though admittedly most of Maine might as well be Canada. I can get to Montreal faster than I can get to any American city

Need the cheese curds that squeak for "authentic" poutine. Shredded moz just isn't the same. Using shitty gravy is fine, if not the way it was meant to be eaten, because this is meant to be a trashy dish.

I came here to post galvaude, but damn that sounds fine.

cottage cheese is just cheese curds. Does that work as substitute?

No.

I like it with just a bunch of bacon and broccoli on top.

hot-dog poutine

Poutine is just chips cheese and gravy. Canada copied a Northern English dish (chips cheese and gravy) and changed the cheese for curds.

>cottage cheese is just cheese curds
this isn't remotely true

i fucking hate catfags

Its a fucking animal
Although having cats or any animal near food is nasty

I like Costco poutine desu

day of the rake fucking when

now, dubs confirm it

We're killing ourselves as fast as we can, believe me.

fuck poutine and fuck canada

fuck man,bloody close with a decent post too
t.

>Mozza isn't ok, but fucking canned gravy is...

LOL

for me it's donair meat, the best topping to compliment poutine.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ONE OFF

Agreed to Ontario and everything westward

fact: Canadians are kek's chosen shitposters. Your digits will always fail you.

Wow Americans make poutine better than western canadians

It's like saying French fries are overrated

Give it to the eternal Anglo to always want to destroy culture and civilization

Without Quebec Canada would just be America lite

Mozza melts you idiot, it just blends in completely with the gravy.

Fries and curds are the entire point of the dish, the gravy was just added to keep everything warm.

If cottage cheese isn't cheese curds, then what is it?

The only thing you'll destroy are 3 full mcdonalds meals in one sitting, burgermutt

It's an acceptable alternative some fast food places use mozzarella when they're out of curds but it isn't the same thing. Just don't use cheddar

>North English
No one cares sheepfucker

Not soon enough t. Quebecois

no mozzarella is not okay. Just go to a farmer's market in upstate NY or accept that you're just eating cheese fries.

retarded leaf

>t.

Not the guy you responded to, but it sounds to me like your jimmies are very rustled indeed.

please delete this nova scotian picture quebecuck.